Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik Just to be precise the output from hdmi output from Nikon and Sony is 8bit not 10 bit. The second thing is that Canon does not give clean uncompressed hdmi in anyway. Sincerely it is impossible to put Canon in a gh3 thread because they are still giving you more or less the same shit for the last 4 years.

• I don't get it. Everyone asks for a long list of improvements but then complains when panny actually does them and then asks for more money.. This stuff isn't free, you know.

• Estimated Ship Date: November 30

• So does already anyone know, which stupid guy decided, that GH3 deserves lower resolution screen than G5? And similar fuck-ups, like missing high FPS, etc... Panasonic should definitely make some cleanup within their organisation.

• 422.... I lived without it on the GH1 and GH2 for three years now, I'm sure I can deal with it gone on the GH3. Yes it would have been nice but remember, it's a $1300 camera. It's a bargain price for these specs. They can't give us everything. I was expecting a bit of pain with the release, but nothing else comes close in this price range. It's all relative.

• I see that many critical GH3, while I is not even out yet ... If I remember correctly at the beginning of the GH2, the case was also criticized panasonic and video quality camcorders barely exceeded amateurs . Today it is completely inversse the GH2 surprised by its quality video, thanks to VK hack :) and some even compared to the big Red Epic camera ... So I think that we must leave some GH3 time before taking the notes also the gh2.

I'm waiting to see if the GH3 VK hack and then I take it, not before! : D After I make a small donation of 50 euros, I made ​​a promise! because even when you have done a lot, a lot of work on our old and must GH2 :)

• allready asked philip bloom if he can speak to somebody from panasonic team at photokina or elsewhere about the hdmi problem.... got answer about few minutes..:

sad, but we have to do something, I don´t want to spend another 2years grading f**ing 4:2:0 footage :(

• Just get a BMC if you want footage that is good to grade. Use the gh3 as b-cam. Simples. 2200 euros for the body + 12-35 kit is good value. I was a bit worried they would sell these out as chips, completely ruining the value of the single purchased 12-35.

• Seriously, download the random 'paris night' video, an drop it into an editing timeline, lots of room to play with in post in terms of latitude, despite its ultra-compressed form.

• From what you you write, Panasonic had just one possibility out of 100 to miss the next camera and they caught that.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev Is there any chance to see the GH3 shots got form photokina before Mr. Valdemort will post his own? :)

• Panasonic should drop their so called pro dpt alltogether. Or at least shape it up considerably. A lot of useless things coming from there.. Maybe too many products for too few engineers or bad engineers for too many products. And no interface design whatsoever.

It´s a bit sad, that when there is finally a chance for gh seriers to STEP UP into something considerably more useful they only go half the length.

I will most likely make good use out of the gh3, in any circumstance. After watching "genesis" on a big screen I started to suspect it was the same sensor as the om-d, or a very similar one. Good for stills. Video should be OK (when used correctly), but I won´t be using it as an a-cam in any other circumstance than when I want to bring one camera ONLY for shooting stills and video.

• For who wants 720p i-frame.
    Check: Driftwood Quantum v9c, and Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b..

No 120fps is a real breaker for me, thats what i was hoping for in the new gh3.
    and off course focus peaking, my eyes are not so good anymore, it shut be a great help..
    but i didnt plan a new cam in the next year, so who nows how the cards lay then on the table

• anyone knows if the GH3 will have 3D video recording?

• @Neverprod I don't understand how you say they have final firmware back 2 weeks ago but could even bring one to photokina??

• @christianhubbard Why would Volandemort's hands-on experience have zero influence on most of us? Everyone's personal take on things is valuable, at least in my eyes.

• @HillTop1

It's not hope to me, go say that to Panasonic, at least i was not supposed to test it, it was a friend and co-worker give me this possibility and yes when i did my test i didn't test all the function but all was available, also the co-worker confirm it was the one who enter in the production (final revision) Body Firmware 1.0.

• If @Nerverprod assessment is true, it explains a lot of thing. We might get more of a line skipping/moire/aliasing/less resolution camera like the other manufacturers using Sony sensors. At what level will it be is the big question. Perhaps they have some way to customize the sensor a bit more to there liking like Nikon does but we could be closer to the Nikon/nex than the gh2. That is why many have been seeing more moire/aliasing etc than the gh2 and on the other side better DR and low light.

• @bechou

I'm not trying to be mean, but your post definitely made me laugh out loud.

Not because you're crazy, just because of the way I read it in my mind. lol

Don't be sad, bro.

• If is not a multi aspect sensor it means that the crop factor is bigger for video?

• @kholi just a bad dream, gonna rebuy my GH2 :)

• @bechou I think we are two... sniff @LongJohnSilver yup, sad 2,1x crop

• @bechou

That's why I didn't sell my GH2 off. It may have a ton of flaws, but boy when this thing gets the right hack and the right glass, nine stops of DR or not it still looks damned good. And, you can see it even when it's compressed for vimeo. =3

• All this talk about having higher DR on the GH3,someone said 12 stops, from what i have seen it don't look like it, is this something they are still working on before the camera is released?

• @Neverprod >. . . i can tell you that i definetly prefer the GH2 picture, the GH2 give a different original picture that is so good to watch, the GH3 reminds me the picture from Sony and Co that i was not really appreciate, only nice for natural color but not good for natural quality picture . . .< I Agree!!!
    - Also, I will not sell my GH2;)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions