Personal View site logo
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • Bolsonaro just posted that his test was negative.

Coronavirus have no chance to survive in that poisoned organism.

• @kurth You have been posting some interesting information but be careful with your sources. The Daily Mail used not to be an acceptable source on Wikipedia although it's possible that may have changed now since a change of editor. The Sun IMHO is a very dubious source. Also earlier you said that you were "firmly convinced" that this bug's origin was as a bioweapon. I find your certainty about this troubling. By all means put the view forward and your rationale for supporting it but leave that kind of certainty to the many conspiratorial sites out there. Hopefully here Science rules. Not sure if this has already been cited here but here is some well presented epidemiological information -it presents a useful summary at the start (unfortunately it's not written by an epidemiologist though) https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

• @G3550D....wikipedia is your guide ? That's absurdly humorous. Never shoot the messenger. Prove it wrong, if you can. And I am firmly convinced it's a bioweapon, along with many other people. Occum's Razor and commonsense. I'm not a politician nor occupying any govt post where I have to maintain any form of selfcensorship. Be troubled ...makes me no difference....except don't attempt to censor me with your own version of reality. And I don't believethis article even addresses how it originates other than where. There are few confirmed stats from any location that give us a perfect view. This article is good, but makes the case that the stats they have are in concrete. Fatality often depends on whether you get an icu bed, or not. Wait until there's a million cases, then we'll count mortality stats. As well, the consequences of being "cured" needs to be thrown into the pile, because many people are being severely debilitated by it's effects even after the cure. And any "expert's" opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, if they're doing or have done research for any govt, or pharmaceutical enterprise. Seek out the anecdotal evidence coming out of Italy. Italy has one of the best health systems in the world. And since we have a situation where china and taiwan are almost officially saying the virus didn't even begin in china, then we have to assume all information, especially the information coming from official western sources, is propagandized. And as well, we're still in an optimum time where most everyone sick has gotten a icu bed. When there's hundreds of cases per bed, the deathrate will exponentially rise. And the critically ill stats are softened by all the young people not getting real sick. Stats are much worse for anyone over 50. Otherwise , thanks for the article. k

• Why it is so low coronavirus numbers in Mordor?

Well, you literally can't make the test, only some private medicine centers can do it, but most of them actually just can take your money and use darts to determinate result.

Public medics have private order to NOT make tests except for people in special lists. Yes, even if you have all the symptoms.

Lot of locally made test kits are being exported as it is more profitable for private company who make them.

As we have voting 22th April on restoring parts of monarchy - before this day we can't have much virus holders :-)

• @Vitaliy....same with Mexico. Tests are only available in govt hospitals for people who've traveled to an infected region. Some health experts are beginning to doubt the validity of mexico's stats. Yesterday the head Mexican Health Honcho said , that when community spread starts they're ready. They'll have highly trained people at every school entrance to ASK people if they have symptoms. You can take a horse to water....

• @Kurth. No need for the anger, I agree with many of the points you make and I have been following posts from Doctors in some of the worst affected Italian hospitals. But I have spent a long life living in a country whose life has been poisoned by those two now Trump supporting newspapers which have delivered some of the most disgraceful headlines I have ever read. You are free to post links to them if your wish but, for people outside the UK, I want to flag up the quality of their commentary. Perhaps that's a bit hard on the Mail as it occasionally produces decent copy, and it's a long time since the thirties when it supported Hitler.

• @G3550D ....no anger. I'm just against any type of censorship, from any political angle. Your article was informative...I'm adding it to my pdf filles. But understand...this will be just like 911. We will never know the real truth about the origin. There's always some question of plausible deniability...which the common man grasps at like straws so his world doesn't collapse beneath his feet. But for people who have studied the subject...we know what happened. Some "accepted facts" are simply too absurd to believe. That's where I'm going with this. The question is not whether it was created in nature, or whether it was lab-made. It's whether it was released by accident by the Chinese, or whether the Americans did it as a bio-eco-weapon. Just like 911, the more americans that learn the true nature of their govt...and that really goes for most govts, but the USa is among the worst...then the closer we'll be to a turning point against the evil that's in control. ...ps.....all of that is true about the UK as well...in some cases even worse. When they let Assange loose, then we'll reevaluate it.

• @kurth

Yes, we'll never know for sure.

I personally start to look at this as some form of capitalism suicide.

• @kurth

One interesting case I also track is Taiwan abnormality.

As they had huge number of people moving to/from China due to Chinese NY.

Yet it is like they are not like any other similar country (as they are too important to western powers and production must not stop at all costs).

• In 2017–18, the worst flu season on record in the U.S. outside of a pandemic, approximately 80,000 Americans died. The four other coronavirus strains that already exist are responsible for around 25% of our common colds.

I have stupid question. How simple test systems used today manage to target only modern coronavirus and not the existing viruses? What are exact false positives rate?

Thing is, coronavirus can be also good thing to cause panic, as you can find very similar viruses and similar symptoms with easy in each country.

• @Vitaliy...I heard that the US was so slow to respond to tests because they decided in some experts meeting that tests should also include sars and mers....and that test failed to identify anything with accuracy. And all of these situations where people test positive and then negative , or reverse, have to be failed results from faulty tests. And bbc claims , like the sun, that europe is the new epicenter.... of course, that would only be true if chinas stats are accurate.... https://www.bbc.com/news/world ...and this flu vs coronavirus is totally propagandized. Even official USa data says flu kills .1% and the data for coronavirus says 3.4% worldwide. So that makes coronavirus about 35x more fatal than influenza. https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coronavirus-homeland-security-chief-flu-mortality-rate/.... and as I said I believe in a post yesterday....everyone with common cold symptoms in Italy must self quarantine. So at first, you think you've got a cold. And until they have millions of test kits ready at every corner pharmacy, we're going to be very paranoid every time we sneeze. And interestingly, at the john hopkins site , taiwan (at 50) has an asterisk beside it. It's the only country with an asterisk...and it doesn't say what it means. Curious. Maybe it means this number is total bs !

• @kurth

Well, my position is that people instead of fear must do something with shit medicine system that didn't made any much progress fighting viruses.

Flu is also good sample, where medicine mostly doing nothing and just hope for the best and supportive care or treating consequences.

Maybe it means this number is total bs !

Taiwan is too important. China also, hence the "work and all is fine" present position.

• The Chinese bioweapon guys were already working on combining coronavirus with hiv in 2007....https://jvi.asm.org/content/82/4/1899

• @kurth

Well, medicine today is such - imagine that you have cruise missiles, atomic bombs, bombers and so on. But absolutely no radars, no intercept missiles, no anything else to detect dangers and also protect from things above.

Current medicine has tool pictured below to protect you from viruses:

And it means that such society must be quickly transformed.

sa12501.jpg
    692 x 426 - 53K
  • @Vitaliy ...hope so. This might , if we're lucky do 2 things. End bioweapon research, and stimulate virus cures research, which much bioweapon research was hiding behind.

• @kurth

Can't do any of this in capitalism :-) You can't end thing that brings power to exploiters and you can't stimulate anything that don't bring nice profits (and also makes people live longer while not working already!)

Btw, fear comes not from "fake news" or anything like mass media like to tell. Fear comes from the tools medicine has (pictured above), as with such tools fear comes as necessary part.

• People are talking about the corona emergency measures as some kind of test run for recurrent behaviour of world system from now on. For sure we are entering an de facto (open) martial state now with all those special powers acts and we really dont know not when the virus will be over neither what will remain from those "exceptional" measures after the justification hás ceased. Maybe tomorrow after the work people money lose half value overnight, with the production chain ineffective, this same mobilization will target what? All the thesis that glue western world in peace are dissolving quickly now, welfare state is over in some weeks, laisse faire is non effective from some time, positive growth economy no more, capital just got 1,5 trillion dollar dilluted. Soon it will be black plague economy, surely they will remember the great profiting in ripping the dead that made Krupp fortune.

• @Vitaliy.....hopefully some of those "exploiters" will get coronavirus. It's a simple matter of tipping the scales towards a new value system...when time and freedom become more valuable than wealth. Great photo btw. They shoulda ps'ed in a more dramatic sky, and shown the priest's face...kinda of an Ivan the Terrible face.

• @kurth

Well, it is not some artificial thing, all Mordor rockets now are being specially "enlightened" by priests.

• @Vitaliy....yeah...I knew it was a real photo. I didn't know it was a launching requirement however. Well nasa always said alittle prayer. Shiva... Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds ....oppenheimer from the bhagavad gita

• @kurth

If we sum all DARPA promises we already must be living at least on Mars with weekend visits to Pluto.