Personal View site logo
Olympus controlled demolition, follow topic to get realtime updates
  • 159 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev What's your best guess on camera companies that will still be around in 10 years?

• @EspenB

You'll see even more fun things as cameras sales will slump more.

• It's amazing when m43 rumours makes a rumour about a rumour not being a rumour with 100% NOT FAKE warranty.

• @Vaterfreuden

I know all this, save your time.

• perhaps you should read the official strategy:

"To achieve an operating profit margin of 20% or above at the fiscal year 2023 March, Olympus introduced four core elements:

Focus the corporate portfolio centering on Medical, the company’s key contributor to revenue and profit with the greatest market growth potential. The Imaging and Scientific Solutions divisions remain crucial components to the overall Olympus business, and will strive to improve profitability and operational efficiency. "

source: https://www.olympus-global.com/news/2019/nr01439.html

by the way: imaging business is <10% of Olympus.

• @patrick82

I just post that I hear. Do I care about any your imaginable damage to capitalist corporation that live happily and has camera department as money waste machine for many years, while getting big profits on medical equipment? No, I don't . But I like their engineers and talked to some of their ex engineers.

If you don't like posts - don't read them. Fine some nice warm masturbation place telling you how all will be fine with Olympus.

• Hello Vitaliy!

What is the intention to post such untenable bulls***? Are you aware, that spreading such incorrect information can REALLY cause problems to the concerned companies?

You complain about "clickbaiting" of other websites... you should ask yourself, who started it (and don't tell me, that this was NOT your primary intention ;) )

• @Vaterfreuden

Nobody trusts you anymore when you say something about Olympus. Every camera and lens you say: this is the last one. They close the camera department...

Do not talk for everyone else, talk for yourself :-)

and they exist and exist and exist - and new cameras are release and lenses ....

Do you want some sedative due to this?

P.S. 43rumors posted this thing because they are fighting with Photorumors and both claim opposite things :-). And it is nice clickbait for them both.

• hahaha - sorry. What an olympus bashing. Nobody trusts you anymore when you say something about Olympus. Every camera and lens you say: this is the last one. They close the camera department...

and they exist and exist and exist - and new cameras are release and lenses ....

You should have a look at the much better informed 43rumors: "This is 100% NOT TRUE: Every single Olympus source I have (from EU to US to Japan) laughed at this “news”." https://www.43rumors.com/fake-rumors-olympus-will-not-quit-the-camera-business-within-8-months/