Personal View site logo
GX1: Official topic
  • 129 Replies sorted by
  • Heres a thing that has pissed off the Panafans is that this is still a young system yet were already starting to slowly get incompatible lenses for 2 year old cameras.
    Its not a good move by panny...I can see they want to sell more bodies but wheres the investment and are we going to keep buying new body new lens everytime?

I would not be suprised at all if the older lenses 20mm f1.7 included will be incompatible with newer m43 cameras in a few years.

Man im cynical! haha
  • GX1 will be selling like hotcakes if it has built-in ND filters. Otherwise I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade from GF13. Also no AVCHD 2.0 of course. Oh GF1 doesn't support new X lenses fully.

• i saw that the 20mm will come in x lens by rumors can someone confirm is unclear...

TRADUCTED WORDS:
    Chamber: 20mm (LUMIX G 20mm F1.7 ASPH.), Such as single-focus lens and has so far out in the LUMIX G-Series will also come in a single focus X. Leica is also a special brand further. We believe in doing it ad hoc Ikere three pronged lines

source : www.43rumors.com/panasonic-interview-with-dc-watch/ ???
  • About good noise reproduction from GF1, I meant GF1's noise control on photos not videos.

About the title of this thread, GX1 being rebadged GF1 with a better sensor, faster AF, and more powerful processor… sure it could be the best m43 "photo" camera until GH3. Then GX2 then GH4...
  • GX1 with 14-42X around $1K. I recall GF1 with 14-45 was about the price in 2009. Just in two years, after so much money printing, it's amazing that the same dollars can buy a better product. It won't compete with NEX-7. But GX1 body only half the price of NEX-7 sounds enticing. Just like GF1, the price is likely cut in half in a year. Usual 50% haircut. I love Panasonic.
  • if iso are similar of ep-3 im done http://www.digital-photography-school.com/olympus-pen-e-pl3-review

why panasonic scear to rival with their others camera they depend of previous features or what ? we all know that gh2 sensor are little similar then see much better in moire but in low light i think af100 got it.

if iso are okay to iso 800 thats acceptable....
  • @stonebat

+1

Right on the money!
  • They gotta kill G line.

GF is set. No hotshoe. Small compact.

GX should target rangefinder enthusiasts. Built-in EVF is a-must. This model should entice current G owners.

GH should become more beefy. Let's be frank. GH2 is neither compact nor cute. We buy it for features. Add more features. Make the body more solid. I don't mind if it increases the overall body dimensions. In fact I would like to see more manly GH3. And do something about missing eyecup holder.

Stop playing the senseless sensor game. Just use all models with the latest GH sensors. Geez...
  • @stonebat
    Nobody will miss me matey! As for the links you showed..ive no problem with the GF1 output...Its great (but not so much above iso 400) the newer G cameras have too much smearing and colours are off.
  • @LPowell I had horrible horizontal lines in GH1. Don't mind the noise character in RAW of the GF1, though.
  • @stonebat - "Actually I hope GX1 reproduces noise like GF1. "

The image sensor in the GF1 (and GF2, GF3...) sucks, it was twice as noisy as the GH1.
  • How much you paid for 14-150? There's a way to get 14-140 at cheap price. Panasonic Direct is selling GH2 with 14-140 at $1199. Free shipping. Tax free. Sell the body around $700. After paying ebay fees, you are getting a brand new 14-140 at $550 :)
  • I think the GH2 is a very good stills camera. Always take it on trips, and I throw the feather light Olly 40-150 in the bag as well with the 20mm, which is remarkably sharp for a budget lens.
  • We know someone just like Mr. Kwon.

Seb Farges makes nice videos without color grading, noise reduction, or image stabilization during post-processing.
  • I like Mr Kwon's attitude!
  • Mr.Kwon is prolly the most famous m43 photographer in Korea. He's been using GF1 for a year. People got stunned by his photos and asked him.

Did you use a tripod? No
    Did you crop? No
    Did you take raws? No
    Did you apply post-processing? No
    How come? It's stressful.
    Ah...
  • hope so...
  • @amateur GF2 has girly noise. I guess girls don't appreciate manly noise from GF1. Hopefully GX1 brings the tradition back.
  • @Mimirsan Don't leave m43. Otherwise we will miss you!!!
  • if you are right about the gf1 noise it is funny that panasonic miss to do good noise like gf2, 3...
    it is question of buisness?
  • Actually I hope GX1 reproduces noise like GF1. GF2 smears detail too much. GF3 sits between GF1 an GF2.

G3 smears detail by applying more noise reduction, too. I heard GX1 uses a different process from G3.
  • nice pictures from the gf3, in the end much, without noise :) anyways now we are just waiting for some pictures test. By recents test the g3 is better is low light than the gh2 but in my knowledge i don't very know if that new processing engine will do some diffenrence. what you think?
  • You mean a rangefinder style true L1 successor? NEX-7 looks closer to L1.

I think Panasonic is doing it right. What's the point of releasing a pro m43 body without a pro m43 lenses? 12-35 and 35-100 are going to be the first pro m43 lenses. I'm expecting a pro m43 body next year. The only problem is expected high price.

I just don't have money and energy and time for switching different systems. Panasonic m43 body and lenses actually saved me money. My only complaint was not-so-great photos from m43 bodies. But the guy's photos totally changed my perception.

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=panasonic_forum&page=10&divpage=16&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=84253
    http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=panasonic_forum&page=15&divpage=16&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=84069
    http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=panasonic_forum&page=17&divpage=16&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=84002

I've been enjoying taking JPEGs out of camera. No cropping. No adjustment whatsoever. It's pure joy.
    20111022-P1040777.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 1M
    20111016-P1040417.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
  • I hear ya
    But they've had nearly over two years to get right or at least go in the right direction ;-)
  • GH2 can't take a good photo? Try these spicy peppers.

If you are happy with 5n, please post more wonderful things about 5n in http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/21359. I would like to hear.

Incremental updates are annoying... but I sorta like it. That's how to buy m43 lenses cheap. The pancake zoom... sure I want it... when GX1 kit price drops a lot. Those incremental bodies are kit bodies :). Sell them. Keep lenses.

One day they will get it right. I will wait.

20111022-P1040732.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 1M