Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GX1: Official topic
  • 129 Replies sorted by
  • Does any one know the native bit rate for the GX1 1920 AVCHD?

I've used it exclusively as a photo cam, but I'm thinking of using this little thing as a 'C' cam. I know it's limited to 30fps, but thought I'd ask what the consensus is on the quality for professional use. (FYI, mainly for US television broadcasts on PBS.)

I've seen a few videos on YouTube & Vimeo but the compression is not doing the footage justice, it appears.

Thanks all.... debinatx

• Not sure what the rules are about bringing up dead/old topics... but most forums generally prefer a search, then a comment on an old post rather than 3000 new threads on the same topic.

Anyway, I'm curious about the GX1 and what I can expect from it as a C-cam when shooting weddings?

Also, regarding batteries... what are the chances of getting away with generic batteries and the camera still working with them (will it read the amount remaining etc?)

• @ Daniel_R

You did it right, @Vitaliy_Kiselev has a strict one camera/lens one topic!

Never used the GX1, but I am using the GM1 as a C-cam for weddings ;)