Personal View site logo
SANITY X - High Bitrate Version of Sanity
  • 145 Replies sorted by
  • @TATZU

It all depends on the subject matter that you're shooting. Remember, Sanity X and Sanity 5.1 are variable bitrate patches. They only use as many bits as necessary to reach their quality level. Personally, I've never seen anything as low as you're describing, but I guess it could happen. I typically see bitrates in the 60M's for low noise scenes with a lot of detail and moderate amounts of motion. When I shoot high ISO, noisy secenes at night, the bitrate will be up in the 90M's. Don't ever expect it to hit 100M, though. That's the ceiling.

• Hey I Just tried Sanity X and i'm only noticing an approx. 5mbit Increase over sanity 5.1... I thought this was supposed be a "HIGH BITRATE VERSION OF SANITY" adding 5mbit isn't much of a difference =( even though in this post its talking about figures in the 100's

• Yes, It is 2 hacks in one! 24H is Sanity X, 24L is Sanity 5.1

Cool.

• Oh my god!! I have to take time to prove it. The other day a fashion record with 5.1 Sanity and 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro w95MB / s card. In several shots I was blocking the camera. the camera was blocked completely. One was returning to work removing the battery. I appeared herror information about a card reading. The stage was lit but the funds were black. My conclusion was that making quick movements to change the type of plane, squeezed the camera too. someone else you been the same

• Yes, It is 2 hacks in one! 24H is Sanity X, 24L is Sanity 5.1.

• My English is not very good. Could you make a table explaining it?. I do not understand is that 24H and 24L 5.1 X. .. 2 Hacks in one?

• Filmed a 20 minute clip using 32 gb 45mb/s SD card and it spanned perfectly. Thanks for the X!

• Amazing! Thanks for the development and testing! This will be next to @balazer's Cake probably the most usable setting for my needs! Cheers :-)

• The estimated recording time is usually not acurate with Sanity because the actual bitrate varies so much. In my experience, the camera records longer than what the estimate says.

• I noticed the available record times is the same as Sanity 5.1, as far the time estimated on the camera display. Since 24H is a higher bit rate shouldn't the time allotted for filming be lower? Also 24L is the same as Sanity 5.1 24L as far as recording time when I expected it to be the same time as 24H according to your description above.

• Sanity 5.1 is a very good job. I'm in feaver for Sanity X. Thanks, Ralph_B.

• I just tested Sanity X with a 64GB Sandisk Extreme 80MB/s SD-XC 1 card and it spanned flawlessly. It ran 1hr, 7min and then the battery died. So, Sanity X DOES span - it just requires a fast enough card. I'll update the info in the first post. If anybody uses other cards that work for spanning, please let us know.

• It's spanning on a 64 gig 95mb Sandisk Ralph. Interesting setting and I just started testing but it appears to have less noise or at least finer noise, at high ISO. Looking forward to getting into it over the weekend.

• I did it with an 32 GB Transcend Class 10 Card, too. One time it stopped, but once it stopped after 3 files. Strange.

• @rheinpirat

That's great news. I only tested it with Sandisk Extreme 30MB/s Class 10 cards. Perhaps it will span with other faster cards, as well.

• I did a quick spanning test. It spans in 24H with a Sandisk 64GB 95 MB/s. I could record until the battery died.

• Awesome. I find myself consistently flipping between Sanity 5.1 and Spizz T6/Flowmotion

This sounds like a great all in one patch.

• Can't wait to try this Ralph. I really am excited about have Sanity 5.1 on the 24L, smart thinking. Do you think this patch has the potential to span or is that something you don't plan on working on?

• @EYESOUL here is the file to download excellent work @Ralph_B could not be uncompressed downloaded

setb.zip
    1007B
  • @Ralph_B I think there is a problem with download link.