Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY X - High Bitrate Version of Sanity
  • 145 Replies sorted by
  • @TATZU Nice video! What support(s) did you use to film that with....steady rest, drone, shoulder rig, Etc?????? If you say you freehanded it, I'm gonna cry.

Thanks!

• Guys, has anybody tried long recordings? Does the spanning with Sanity X work reliably?

• @tetakpatak Ralph has done the longest one which filled the card I think.

• @tetakpatak

Yes, spanning works if you use a fast SD card. Sandisk Extreme Pro 95M and Extreme 80M cards work.

• @peternap Around 75% was made using a glidecam hd. and the other 25% was handheld with the help of some software warp stabilizing as well as optical stabilization.

• I just downloaded this patch. For me, the ini-file of the Sanity X patch contains exactly the same settings as the ini-file of the Sanity 5.1 patch. It just has different text in the [information] field. Maybe this is just for me? Do other people have this as well?

• Holy smokes, I can't believe I made an error like that! I have added the correct file to the first post. And here it is, right here. This is the true Sanity X!

Sanity X Correct.zip
    990B
  • Ralph_B: The "Auto Quantizer for 1080 modes" is not checked (its off)...in the last file from 7:37 AM..is that correct?

• That is correct.

• Hi Ralph

Have you added the Pasedena pulse audio hack to Sanity X? If not does anyone know how to do it as I can't find exact details on how to add it.

• Thank You Ralph :)

Bernie:

I add it after "1080i60 GOP Size=18" and paste it...work in all files

• Thanks Aceman

• SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s spanning works ! (24H) ;)

• I've been using Sanity 5.1 for a while and I'm looking forward to trying Sanity X. @Ralph_B I have a 45/mbs Sandisk card, what does the HBR setting do when there is a high level of complexity but it exceeds the write speed of the card? Thanks for your work.

• @Alienhead

The high bitrate of Sanity X only applies to 24H. HBR mode is the same as it was in Sanity 5.1.

• Yes, but then this does mean that HBR mode in Sanity X may fail if using a 45mbs card? I guess it's just not safe to rely on it until I can get a faster SD, unless there is something built into the 24H mode that prevents the bit rate from exceeding that capability of the card during a complex scene.

• @Alienhead

Have you had problems with the 45M card? I've torture tested HBR with a Sandisk 16GB 30M card and it passed fine.

• @Ralph_B no, I guess there is no problem here. I'm just not clear on how a 45MB card records when (if I understood correctly) the HBR bit rate can reach 90MB. But as long as it works I don't need to know! Thanks.

• There is a bit of confusion about how we're talking about the speed of cards and the speed of the bitrate. Cards are measured in megaBYTES (MB) and bitrate is measured in megaBITS (mb). So a 45MB card has an equivalent speed of 360 megaBITS. (1 megaBYTE = 8 megaBITS).

Sanity's HBR top bitrate is 44 megaBITS, which equals 5.5MB. You can that see it's nowhere near the speed of the card. Write errors usually occur not because the card is too slow, but because the onboard processing engine can't keep up with what we're asking it to do.

Hope that helps.

• is there any comparsions Sanity X vs Flowmotion 2

• I'm excited to give your new patch a try @Ralph_B Thank you very much!

• @Bernie.

Someone asked me how to patch BOTH Sanity & Pasadena so I thought I'd post this:

• Put the original firmware, ptool exe, Sanity ini & Pasadena ini in the same folder - make sure both ini files are labelled differently (eg: seta.ini & setb.ini)

• Run PTool

• Load original firmware

• Click the corresponding green circle with a letter in it to load Sanity. Sanity is now loaded.

• Hold 'Alt' then click the corresponding green circle with a letter in it to MERGE Pasadena.

• Save Firmware

• Load firmware onto a blank SD card that has been formatted using the GH2

• Boot up your GH2 with fresh battery and the SD card with the firmware on it

• Go into playback mode and agree to 'Version Up'.

DONE.

• Thanks cblok. Acemans method earlier in thread works too. Open the the Sanity ini in notepad and paste the Pasedena where Aceman said

• What type of lenses did you use shooting this? @TATZU

• @cblok thanks for the procedure to combine both Sanity and Pasadena. I've found Sanity 5.1 and Sanity X but Pasadena eludes me. Can you or someone tell me where to find the Pasadena ini file?

Thanks.