Personal View site logo
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • Update...

I was able to get the matte box and follow focus both working at the same time, I had to switch the gear to the opposite side of the ff. This allows the mb room to fit under the ff. I did run into issues with using this configuration as well, but it seems like I can figure out viable work-arounds.

Also, my mb has alot of play in it as well, I tightened down the hexs so that there is more friction, but it swings approx 4 degrees when locked. I'm planning to use this when I'm locked down, so it shouldn't cause too many problems, but if anyone planned to use it handheld, it could definitely cause issues.

These are the issues I'm having, but I should also say that the ff has almost no backlash, and everything arrived quickly.
  • >Who do I contact about this for replacement?

See
    http://www.trusmt.com/en/contact.asp
  • Received my Mattebox and FF as well today.
    Don't have aaronhenderson's problem, but so far only tried the voigtländer lens.

I actually do like the Follow Focus, once you get it to stay in place where you want it to be.

However, I do have a promlem with the Mattebox. One of the sideflags is missing the flange (or whatever it's called ;) so I can't attach it to the Mattebox. See attached picture.

Who do I contact about this for replacement?
    info@trusmt.com ?

Also I find Swing-Away has quite a bit of play, when the Mattebox is locked in it' position.
    It's also kinda hard to lock the flags into place, with the screw down knobs. They come loose pretty fast.
    I guess they are to little to come up with enough torque when tightening. Other than that, and apart from the filterholder 4x4 issue (which is supposedly being taken care of) it's quite a good deal

The side flag was a mistake on my side. Delivery was good. Sorry about that.
    P1060854.JPG
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
    P1060852.JPG
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
  • >for example the fd 28 & fd 50, but they are hardly pancakes once I add my m43>fd adapter to them. Is anyone else having this problem?

Can you show us the problem?
  • I received a Trusmt mattebox plus follow focus last week and have been fiddling around with them.

I'm having trouble fitting the mattebox and follow focus on my rails at the same time while using most of my lenses. I'll admit that I'm using shorter lenses, for example the fd 28 & fd 50, but they are hardly pancakes once I add my m43>fd adapter to them. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Hi guys!

For what it is worth, I received my cinematics matebox today! Within a week! Super fast, very well packed! a bit to well, it took me a long time to unpack. All parts in brandnew condition! No oil, no scraches, no broken stuff!

I have not had the time to test it, since I had to go to work after it came in. But I did do quickly try to install it on my rig. Quality at first impression is good. The only thing is that I think the bolds that thighten the flags is a little crappy...flags drop down pretty easy once you touch them. But I think I can fix this with some rubbers...I'll have to figuret hat out later. The mattebox itself looks awesomely awesome! I'll try to take the thing out for a test soon, I'll keep you posted about it, or if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I also ordered the monitor hood, he 7inch one. I'm very pleased. If you don;t have one and need one, i think this is the one to go for at first sight, but again, I'll have to test it first to be sure, but the first impression is great! It did fit on my lilliput 7inch monitor.

So far,

Piewee
  • Weird....mine came in miles of bubble wrap and Chinese newspaper. I thought it was well packed....
  • @jaecjaec

They promised to send replacement asap.
  • @Psyco yes, it came that way today. Sort of an odd break. I work with aluminum quite a bit, haven't seen a break like this. Looks like cast iron almost.
  • @jaecjaec

Ok, so the damage (broken rail clamp) was done on transport - NOT broken due to design flaw?
  • @Psyco

Guys just need to improve packing :-)
    They really promised this long ago.

We have bid advantage not getting any money from this, so we can be always on our members side, not on the other side.

• Now I'm a bit worried. My Cinematics MB came with no issues - but I haven't used it yet (as the railsystem is just to be finished). I really hope that it doesn't break in 2-3 weeks.
  • @jaecjaec

Thanks for report.

Cinematics deal stopped starting today until we'll see fix for this issue and improved packing.
  • Mine came w/ scratches. I took a sigh, swallowed my pride, and came to the realization that you're definitely paying for what you get. While it is built nice, the packaging/etc are nothing better than proaim/cinecity stuff. Not saying I hate what I got, as I do like it, but it's a little disheartening to get everything and have scratches/oil all over my purchases.
  • Hmmm....not my day

photo.JPG
    640 x 480 - 93K
    photo(1).JPG
    640 x 480 - 103K
  • >has been scratching the front rods. Anyone having same issue?

You can find this in my first report.
    Get screwdriver and remove bottom flag holder, as if it scatches rods you don't use it anyway :-)
  • Cinematics matte box... has been scratching the front rods. Anyone having same issue?
  • Just ordered the Cinematics Mattebox + the 7inch monitor hood. Via paypal, looking forward to receive it.

• ok, tnx for that quick respond
  • Most probably 7" will do.
    They have adaptability.
    You are better to ask seller citing exact width and height.
  • So a guestion about the cinematics monitor hoods.

There is a 7 and a 10 inch version.

I have a 7 inch screen, that means the screen is 7 inches, but the monitor itself is bigger due to the plastic finish around it. about 1 cm on both sides should I get the 10 inch, or should I be able to mount the 7 inch on it as well? I'm not sure how the hoods a mounted.

Any people with some wise words?
  • Is this deal still going? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a matte box and I'm leaning toward the Trusmt.
  • Tripod screws for rail rigs: a big time-saver & space-saver compared to allen-key screws:
    - anybody want one like this (see photo) - but longer (ie 12mm instead of a 9mm shaft), so as to fit thicker aluminium base plates & risers found in rigs, matte-boxes? I bought one; good quality but too short.
    Seller says,
    >Yeah, I can make it for you but
    making and shipping takes a long time, and on the other hand how many
    pieces do you want to buy, if just several pieces, the cost could be
    higher. Would you please let me know the
    quantity you want?
    >
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330580301908&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
    If interested please ask seller via ebay. Perhaps just a few of us might persuade him to make some.
    shortscrew.GIF
    300 x 300 - 44K
  • @brandonmrsh
    Use Search box in upper right corner.
    We have topic about this follow focus.