Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Chuck's dead? Why didn't anybody tell me. Nobody tells me nothin'. :) I could see how the Hoodie might be mistaken for the "Death" band logo, but it's actually from SOA.

• Little vid about the apocalypse Shot with cluster v7 sharp2:

• I'm not a die hard "death" fan but I'm familiar. But yeah, the logos are similiar. Alright enought off topic post, VK is probably becoming annoyed.

• part 2 is live now -

• Intravenus variation no.2 is now out featuring cbrandin's smooth cinema matrix.

• @driftwood: cheers a ton m8!

Whats the main difference to the other Intra Venus Variation? Is it more or less stable? Cheers!

• Grabbed this off bkmcwd's thread where cbrandin talked about the difference between "Cinema Smooth" and "444" matrices.

"The difference between the cinema smooth and the 444 matrices is how the chroma channels are encoded. Cinema smooth is coded in the normal way, where detail is greater in the luma channel than in the chroma channels (the so called 4:2:0 color model where there is 4 times as much luma data as there is for each chroma channel). The 444 matrix uses a higher amount of detail in the chroma channels to emulate what would happen if a 4:4:4 color model were being used. It's not really 4:4:4, but it actually gets reasonably close to making the luma and chroma channels exhibit similar amounts of detail."

Edit: @driftwood, As far as the concept of Cinema Smooth, would you able to explain to us what is trying to be achieved with this matrix?

• Thanks for the new Intravenus v2 Nick! :)

• For all the birder-lovers our there... shot 4hrs ago w/ Intravenus v2

• Started working with canis series ,,. Finally a big satisfaction with complete pack of canis settings,,. Thank you so much @Driftwood I have a doubt sir I used std -2 all setting for all my previous works. Do you have any note or suggestion which includes the profile?? Shall I use STD -2-2-2-2 for all canis setting or it's an individually marked up one?? Any tips on canis AM sir?

• @driftwood Very cool. Thanks

• @Weomck nice work,,.but too short,,.

• @rajamalik Too short? Lol Just be glad somebody has posted a video with it. IMO it's all I needed to see and I'm going full throttle testing. 50 seconds sold me on it.

• @grave that was a good one,, expectation made me say its short

• thanks Nick (Intravenus v2) !!!

• Intravenus II is a dream!!! Sir Driftwood has shown us once again why he's the "King" of all the settings!

• @Driftwood Does this Intravenus II will be stable for shooting a wedding with a SanDisk 128GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 UHS-I?

• See how IV GH2 cuts with BMCC and GH3

• I shot some indoor stuff with IntraVenus v2...not impressed. Just did not have the color pop of Canis Majora (the last one I used). Watched clips back to back on a 50" plasma. IntraVenus was not even close.

• @defier what settings did you use? smooth -2 on all?

• @driftwood Tried intravenous 2 wow a dream. The only problem is if you shoot with a Sandisk 32 30mb/s on HBR the camera will freeze and lock up from time to time. Any clues? I know you hv asked users to use a faster card

• awesome stuff, thank you Nick&Chris! :]

• Anyone knows witch of these latest Hacks could be the more stable for shooting a wedding?

• @cbrandin I am wondering whether your re-adjusted 444 soft matrix that Driftwood is using in his recent and upcoming settings has fixed that pulsing bug that I noticed in the first 444 matrix version?

• @GravitateMediaGroup I shot on standard -2 all...same as I do for CanisMajora. Not sure this account for such a big difference though.