Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • 116 Replies sorted by
  • I'd love to see the existing corpse! We can start a new one after.

• Ric, Ted, Noireclipse, Josh, Kevin great feedback guys :D!!!

late tonight, tomorrow morning latest, raw video (no edits) will be here
    sharpened me ax, looking forward new adventures ;-)

@Alienhead wow duuude... for that we'll need mandragora, je je
    reminds me of jap great horror i.e. The Cure, Kairo, Ringu, etc.

have to run now, chipoink!!!

• Another idea of how to keep this one going a little longer is seeing a different clip, for instance the one after the one you did, and responding to that in some way.

I like the idea of making a scary cadaver, but the sound design is so important to that. Like this video from the Ring that will make you die:

• I'm in for a new cadavre, especially since I wasnt 100% happy with my previous entry.

• I think a new cadaver would be great!

• I'm open to the idea of doing another round. You can count me in.

• I'd be up for that too. Also, I used to have a framed photo of Boris Karloff in exactly the same pose, except he was wearing his dark Frankenstein jacket as well.

• it seems all cool to me. show the result, this thing is already up and running for one month, time to see something right? i'd like also a new cadavre, but discussing rules together to see what can be better (for example i would think of longer shots, sharing only the last 5 secs to the next one!).

• hey guys

with weimar's bloody deliver we make the 13th, ji ji ji. there's nobody else on list and I've been thinking.

the idea of participating more than once in same corpse building... doesn't tick me. also may be that showing what it's done would trigger fellow forumners' curiosity/interest (or not). so here's my proposal:

1. upload this first chapter to vimeo and see the "results", laugh, discuss what does work, what does not work, laugh again, exchange ideas, modus operandi, improvements, etc.

2. if people interested, WE could start building another cadavre, either as an aggregate exo-squeleton, or totally anew. gather some ideas in this petit comite for the "theme" (if any) and specs.

3. the structure exists, thanks to Vitaliy we have this forum where we can meet and exchange ideas and an a project email already with contacts.

4. I really would love someone else taking over the "dealer" part, please don't think I'm tired or disenchanted, quite the oposite, it's been wonderfull experience, that's why I would like to share it, josh?

like batman said to joker, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship

so, what do you think friends?

• I'd be willing and able to submit another chapter if that's going to be allowed.

-Josh

• Long long time ago, in a far-east country lived two men; one very rich, the other very poor. Each man had one son.
    One day the rich man took his son to the top of a nearby mountain and then, with a gesture that encompassed the surrounding hills and fields, the little stream, the rocks and the trees, the cattle herds, the houses and huts he said: look my son, one day all of this will be yours.
    Another day the poor man also took his son to the top of the same nearby mountain, then with a gesture that encompassed the surrounding hills and fields, the little stream, the rocks and the trees, the cattle herds, the houses and huts he said: look son

• @maxr If you can't find more participants I'd be happy to contribute again.Perhaps you can make it interesting by creating some rules for recycled contributors, i.e. clip must end with same props their first contribution started with; cannot use same actors (if any); can only involve their pets, mothers, dentists, etc; must follow a Q & A sequence; clip can be 2X longer, etc... You get the idea.

• UPDATE

@haavard delivered... the light of consciousness, which probably is just emptiness. it almost made me cry, luckily I'm a grown man and was, well still, drunk. please don't take me for alcoholic, just like to share 8-)

the health of our corpse is finer than ever, the rotten smell has quasi stopped.
    too tired now (today was 40 fucking degrees here) but tomorrow... ja ja já, tomorrow I'll tell you a story... you will like it and, hopefuly, would trigger

SOME MORE PARTICIPATION

good night for all

• ALIGNMENT

1. MirrorMan ----------------- deadline ------ May the 29th, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    2. maxr (that's me mum) -------- deadline ------ 1st of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    3. jpbturbo ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    4. jazzroy -------------------- deadline ------ 7th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    5. inqb8tr -------------------- deadline ------ 10th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- ERROR
    6. Django -------------------- deadline ------ 13th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    7. michal -------------------- deadline ------ 16th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    8. eatstoomuchjam ------------ deadline ------ 19th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    9. svart --------------------- deadline ------ 22nd of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    10. spacewig ------------------ deadline ------ 25th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    11. Alienhead ----------------- deadline ------ 28th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    12. kevin_kirchman ------------ deadline ------- 1st of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    13. haavard ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    14. weimar -------------------- deadline ------- 7th of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    15. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 10th of July, 20h (GMT)
    16. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 13th of July, 20h (GMT)
    17. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 16th of July, 20h (GMT)
    18. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 19th of July, 20h (GMT)

and so on

UPDATE

@kevin_kirchman wasn't afraid - I'ld say courageous fool!!!... ended up single lunged

creature's in @haarvard 's hands, god have mercy

:D

may nelson mandela leave this world peacefully
    a great man who has spent more than half of his life imprisoned and yet he has always been free

gashô

• @spacewig , @MirrorMan and @svart
    through the thick walls of this asylum, resonating in all sins, tainted by the wet t-shirt of ignorance, muffled by ego's righteous commands, covered in timeless fetid emotional shit, mUxed with every man eating beauuuutiful sirens' songs, buried under all ancient beliefs' rotten souls, paranoias and ice cream insecurities, wrapped in one thousand distractions, filtered throughout a myriad of unfruitful addiction codecs... I HEAR YOU BROTHERS!!!

UPDATE

@kevin_kirchman is now reversal engineering :D

to you all, enjoy the weekend

gashô

• I'm also OK with waiting. I think waiting for my turn and waiting to see what others have done is the fun of it all.

• the end of July seems realistic, no?

I like the idea of nobody seeing it until it is "finished". even though I contributed I don't mind to wait.

• @maxr I want to make it very clear that I was just asking what your thoughts were about when you felt the video would be completed out of personal curiosity. It doesn't bother me if this takes another 4 months and I certainly didn't ask to put pressure on you to wrap things up quickly - take the time you need to do it right and don't compromise your vision. I don't think you should show anything before the project is completed, it defeats the purpose. More important, as the captain of this project, is that you comment and encourage and pique everyone's interest with your perspective on what's been done so far and what's to come, much as you have already. Enthusiasm goes a long way and can be infectious...

If you have trouble finding 50 collaborators perhaps you can recycle some participants, i.e. I'd be more than happy to contribute again :) and I suspect I'm not alone. Maybe those who participate a second time could be given a slight increase in clip length, i.e. 6 -7 seconds.

Anyhow, these are merely suggestions. I'm happy just waiting for this eclectic beast to plop out of its global womb.

• I understand that participating in something... 99% of times demands proof. real altruism is indeed very rare.
    that said, with love, to my eyes this corpse has yet started to gain some... soul, needs to grow quite a bit yet

@spacewig as WE hit the dozen I was thinking in showing people who already participated how it looks... I guess that if I post here the video defeats the purpose of the game as it reveals the corpse to possible new players, so probably I'll go with a private video or a downloadable link

@Vitaliy_Kiselev you are funny, I don't understand half the things you write, but I get the energy you put on it and more or less a possible meaning. where you want the delay, on the things, on time? let me call my scientist cousin, alfredoooo!!!

Alfredo - it is really quite difficult to measure how long this life form will need to be fully self-sufficient; but with less than 5 secs each participant and 1 fail each ten... I would empirically say around 50 clips (4min and a bit) or so. Alienhead makes number 10, is 3 days each... that makes 132 more days (with possible fails accounted) to complete something worth of being shown the wolrd

if people not happy, either become terrorists or give back good ideas :D
    there could be several corpses' projects going on, time could be limited to 1hr, ja ja ja
    and so on

all good
    max

PS
    BTW is our project, the title says EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
    I'm doing the dealer part 'cause someone has to be on top of things (read take care/host/MC), but if someone wants it very bad, I'll happily exchange and assume other role, same pro-active : )

• @maxr

May be it is good idea to show some things with good delay.

• Max,

Do you have a predetermined time to complete the project or are you basing that on length of assembled film, number of participants, etc?

Just curious when we get to take a bite of the collaborative cake.

• @svart - ja ja aj aaaa jaaa

after dear svart profound gest of altruism (is there such thing?) I thought I've seen it all, but eis senão quando we get into space... oh man, I don't want to spoil anything, but it has to be no coincidence they just discover a dynamically-packed planetary system around GJ 667C with three super-Earths in its habitable zone... I guess @Alienhead may be literally that :D

you're doing great job guys, thanks

ball is outer space with Alienhead

gashô

• I was born with 3 testicles. 150% more man than the rest. I've sacrificed one for the corpse and now I'm just like the mortals.

• ALIGNMENT

1. MirrorMan ----------------- deadline ------ May the 29th, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    2. maxr (that's me mum) -------- deadline ------ 1st of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    3. jpbturbo ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    4. jazzroy -------------------- deadline ------ 7th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    5. inqb8tr -------------------- deadline ------ 10th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- ERROR
    6. Django -------------------- deadline ------ 13th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    7. michal -------------------- deadline ------ 16th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    8. eatstoomuchjam ------------ deadline ------ 19th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    9. svart --------------------- deadline ------ 22nd of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    10. spacewig ------------------ deadline ------ 25th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    11. Alienhead ----------------- deadline ------ 28th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- GJ 667C plate?
    12. kevin_kirchman ------------ deadline ------- 1st of July, 20h (GMT) ---- changing his name
    13. haavard ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of July, 20h (GMT)
    14. weimar -------------------- deadline ------- 7th of July, 20h (GMT)
    15. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 10th of July, 20h (GMT)
    16. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 13th of July, 20h (GMT)
      and so on

UPDATE

svart is from josh promotion, the both delivered earlier and must say I never seen a testicle cut with such clean professionalism, ja ja ja... I wonder if this corpse will turn hermaphrodite... those are the tasty beasts

ball's in @spacewig snarl

may the forGe be with you

• yeeks, I've severed the internet wires from my head for a week (been offline) and the corpse has turned itself over. I've got my cam, will capture a few surplus b&w snippets for the bulging body in case some dissection holes should form. my curiosity is peaking...