Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • 116 Replies sorted by
  • I prefer rules that would have a more cohesive result. For instance, if there was an agreed-upon genre, such as 'Western' or 'Horror', in addition to some technical requirements (black and white, 10 seconds or less). If anyone wants to vote for a horror-western, I'm up for that! I can take the initiative as organizer for this, if it's rule-bound enough that expectations are clear.

• Hey guys!!
    After the massive activity happened here :P (thanks Ted for input) I've been trying to connect the leftovers fragments.
    Personally, right now, I am not very interested in a narrative and rationalionalize collaborative video project. It is true that also is something far more ambitious and difficult to achieve... or not. Yet, flexibility exists, must. I've picked ingredients of feedback and came out with this:

A new collaborative corpse/GAME, thought of Partially Random Corpse, which would consist in
    1 shot per person
    2 to 10 secs duration
    24p1080 SOC (straight out of camera)
    a common object present in all shots

WE should find an object that is the same in all places (countries), so to give more stickiness cohesion to the project. B&W or colour limitation would greatly depend upon the object chosen; if coulour's the case, WE could restrict the colour palette too.
    Though I'm not inclined/keen on, WE could also discuss a soundtrack (would maybe work as the genre @Alienhead propossed) but mainly for inspiration.

Here's the big change (a tweak on Vitaliy proposal), the participation process would be different. I'll leave the project email contact and, after the corpse has started, the deliver order will set the final chronology of the corpse. This has two main advantages, first it speeds the whole thing while maintaining a pseudo-exquisiteness (even more random) which I believe would contribute on making the NEW thread a more experience/feedback friendly exchange. Secondly it puts a bit of organization in the participants... without exiting the game experience and also easing (by sharing) my dealer task.

We would need to get to a deadline or, better, a number of admissions, then once that number's reached, it is only juxtaposing the shots. So... what do you think???

Wanna give some feed on the object? Number of participants? Any other improvements, changes, directions, general feed???

Looking forward to this new adventure with you, PV's wanderers

gashô

PS
    the other day I made 2 and 1/2 Kg of falafels, ate them with friends... just for fun blended siily text in a pic

• How about everybody puts a felafel in their shot?!

At the end in post we turn everthing black and white except for the one red felafel ball...

• hey @Alien friend

How about everybody puts a felafel in their shot?!

ja ja ja ... sounds good to me

At the end in post we turn everthing black and white except for the one red felafel ball

you volunteering? :-)

gAsh^

• Ok so let would say we say there would be 13 people or more involved, we figure out a thème and problems (b&w, 10scd longest vid etc...) and we all do it all at the same Time we would gain Time...;) we got a date to give the vids to the dealer, we do anything we want to the vid asong as it correspond to the limits givén by the dealer? Does it sound ok to you all? And also a thing that i found to not be on the principle if a réal cadavre exquis it´s the fact that we should begin and finish on a frame that is the same let´s say black, white etc... It´s supposes to be the same image at the end of the prévious vid ans finish on somethîng usable by the nesxt vidéo boy/girl ... So let´s do a vid finishing by a black or withe frame or somethîng else easy to follow/loop for the next person...! Are we ok?!

• Ok i read myself îm a little Drunk but i think it makes sense ...

• @maxr I'd color all the shots in post, but only if everyone already dyed their felafels red or a bright color to distinguish them from the background. But I don't think people are going to be bothered with that so nevermind. Otherwise the felafel would be too close in color to the surroundings and too hard to isolate, and I'm not about to rotoscope everyone's balls.!

If everyone had (one) felafel in their shot then it would be enough that we might not need to see the previous person's shot.

• we figure out a thème and problems

No theme & no problems - water

and we all do it all at the same Time we would gain Time

Right on, like the time with caps - cold chimay beer (red top)

we got a date to give the vids to the dealer

Wrong seigneur des caniches enragés, you deliver when you want, the limit is set when number of admissions<=>delivered (previously set) is reached - more wasser

Does it sound ok to you all? And also a thing that i found to not be on the principle if a réal cadavre exquis it´s the fact that we should begin and finish on a frame that is the same let´s say black, white etc... It´s supposes to be the same image at the end of the prévious vid ans finish on somethîng usable by the nesxt vidéo boy/girl

First a DRY martini (avec noilly prat) - my dear @michal, where to start...? things go fast, lately we want to go faster than life... there's no useful airbag for the speed we're aiming. you're right about the corpse and I'll confess to you that I believe that with more repetitions the exquisite corpse (the surrealist way) would end up being something worthy of kissing :P

Sadly and not so, man proposes and god disposes, fuck god! Anyway, we did the first corpse, wait, WE DID THE FIRST CORPSE!!! Now for "reasons" explained above (read it tomorrow again, please) AND also because of feedback received, I am proposing another corpse a little bit different.

So let´s do a vid finishing by a black or withe frame or somethîng else easy to follow/loop for the next person...! Are we ok?!

Time for the absinthe (big glass, no pussy licking yet) with the whole ceremony - This new corpse would have her own room to play (call it thread) and new clothes (call them rules/limitations). By no means that kills this thread here or even the possibility, as I suggested before, of other corpses going on.
    Be my guest in taking over or starting a new thread with your own tweaks... if it is interesting be sure I'll be participating ;-)
    We're super ok brotha

I bet, I'm really serious, that if we all get pissed we'll make the corpse in... no Time • yes, the sniffing peanuts' guy it's me

• I propose:

1. no limit to total submissions but all must be submitted within a 30 day period
    2. each shot must be no more than 10 seconds
    3. black and white, no editing
    4. shot must begin and end with black, however that is accomplished in-camera
    5. shot must include one agreed on object

object: how about a peanut?! that's even better than the felafel @maxr. No deep frying involved. I once tried to make felafels in a pan, just soaked up a huge amount of olive oil and didn't turn out like it would in a deep fryer.

• I like all the above rules... was going to object to the object, but as it can be found freely, e.g. a rock, a leaf, etc. then I think it's a great idea. I might propose a dialog element (just a suggestion), where that ten seconds carries a spoken narrative that is continued from the previous narrative. Perhaps a single word from the last leads to the next?

• I would like to see us use color this time around.

I think the shots should be allowed to be longer than 10 seconds if you are requiring a fade in/out to black.

• My god i ´m so ashamed... :) well Nice peanut sniffing, grandes ovations à vous mon cher! Give me rules îll f..k them and give you lovely résultat! Hope we can cross paths to meet around Paris :)

• @jpbturbo The problem with not having someone just set the requirements is that there are an infinite number of good ways of doing this, but we have to settle on a few simple rules and stick to it to proceed.

I'm not opposed to the use of color, but that does imply some post production at the end, to match the various cameras. Maybe at the end everyone who wants to could assemble their own cut and color grade it so it seems more of a piece, and add their own soundtrack. If however we stick with the concept of a simple 'automatic' sort of piece, not edited but assembled in order of submission, then I think we should probably stick to B&W. In any case I think we need to keep to shooting 1080 24p.

10 seconds seems like a long time to me, 15 seconds may be Ok.

Dialogue is a whole 'nother can of worms. Again, any of these could be good ideas but someone's got to lay down the law before we can proceed. @maxr you animated the first corpse, do you want to give the final rules? I'm willing to be the dealer and/or be one of the editors at the end if that's the way we want it to go.

• HEY GUYS!!!
    Nice too see/read you!
    Sorry for absence, I've been in a rehab facility, a peanut rehab one :P

Ok, let's take the bull by the horns!
    First, thanks very much to @Alienhead which kept the spirit of the corpse alive ;-)

Secondly, @michal being ashamed it is not intrinsically bad, some girls are even able to turn that shame into firing machine guns out of their asses... it's worst IMHO to be sorry of not doing somethin'

Now, @jpturbo and @buildbyflying dialog (narrative) and colour are two big steps, meaning they bring more layers to this project/game. Also we would have to go into deeper conversations about colour palette and specific rules. It seems we're ready for this experiment. What would you say if WE do that in 3rd corpse?

I feel/think Ted already made a good synthesis of rules, so:

RULES

1. No limit to total submissions but all must be submitted within a 30 day period - starting July the 25th at 20:00 GMT and ending August the 25th at 20:00 GMT

2. Each shot must be no more than 10 seconds

3. 1080p24 (16:9)

4. Black and white, no editing - MTS/mov directly from camera

5. Shot must begin and end with black, accomplished in-camera (please revisit classics: i.e. Hitchcock)

6. Shot must include ONE CLEARLY VISIBLE peanut

Dealers and organization will be co-run by @Alienhead and @maxr

Before I start a new thread It seems a last look on two rules would be healthy,
    number 2 and 6. Though I really think 10 seconds it's a lot, questions:
    10, >or=10 or 10-15 secs? and ONE - and only one - peanut or quantity not defined?

I'm all set (plow, lantern, sandwich, bottle of rum, pack of smokes and mouth harp, jejejeje) to dig for body parts, yihhhaaaAAAAAHHH!!!

• Here WE Go!!!

NEW CORPSE

gashô

• Let's say 10 seconds or less, one peanut only (in shell, a 'double').!

I think people are likely to procrastinate because whoever participates now has a month to do it, but I guess that's the nature of this corpse.

Oh hey just read the new Topic posted for the latest corpse, I'd delete this comment but that's not possible. OK then!