Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EXQUISITE CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • 116 Replies sorted by
  • I'm also OK with waiting. I think waiting for my turn and waiting to see what others have done is the fun of it all.

• @spacewig , @MirrorMan and @svart
    through the thick walls of this asylum, resonating in all sins, tainted by the wet t-shirt of ignorance, muffled by ego's righteous commands, covered in timeless fetid emotional shit, mUxed with every man eating beauuuutiful sirens' songs, buried under all ancient beliefs' rotten souls, paranoias and ice cream insecurities, wrapped in one thousand distractions, filtered throughout a myriad of unfruitful addiction codecs... I HEAR YOU BROTHERS!!!

UPDATE

@kevin_kirchman is now reversal engineering :D

to you all, enjoy the weekend

gashô

• ALIGNMENT

1. MirrorMan ----------------- deadline ------ May the 29th, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    2. maxr (that's me mum) -------- deadline ------ 1st of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    3. jpbturbo ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    4. jazzroy -------------------- deadline ------ 7th of June, 20h (GMT) ----- DONNE
    5. inqb8tr -------------------- deadline ------ 10th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- ERROR
    6. Django -------------------- deadline ------ 13th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    7. michal -------------------- deadline ------ 16th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    8. eatstoomuchjam ------------ deadline ------ 19th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    9. svart --------------------- deadline ------ 22nd of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    10. spacewig ------------------ deadline ------ 25th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    11. Alienhead ----------------- deadline ------ 28th of June, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    12. kevin_kirchman ------------ deadline ------- 1st of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    13. haavard ------------------- deadline ------ 4th of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    14. weimar -------------------- deadline ------- 7th of July, 20h (GMT) ---- DONNE
    15. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 10th of July, 20h (GMT)
    16. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 13th of July, 20h (GMT)
    17. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 16th of July, 20h (GMT)
    18. your name here ------------ deadline ------- 19th of July, 20h (GMT)

and so on

UPDATE

@kevin_kirchman wasn't afraid - I'ld say courageous fool!!!... ended up single lunged

creature's in @haarvard 's hands, god have mercy

:D

may nelson mandela leave this world peacefully
    a great man who has spent more than half of his life imprisoned and yet he has always been free

gashô

• UPDATE

@haavard delivered... the light of consciousness, which probably is just emptiness. it almost made me cry, luckily I'm a grown man and was, well still, drunk. please don't take me for alcoholic, just like to share 8-)

the health of our corpse is finer than ever, the rotten smell has quasi stopped.
    too tired now (today was 40 fucking degrees here) but tomorrow... ja ja já, tomorrow I'll tell you a story... you will like it and, hopefuly, would trigger

SOME MORE PARTICIPATION

good night for all

• @maxr If you can't find more participants I'd be happy to contribute again.Perhaps you can make it interesting by creating some rules for recycled contributors, i.e. clip must end with same props their first contribution started with; cannot use same actors (if any); can only involve their pets, mothers, dentists, etc; must follow a Q & A sequence; clip can be 2X longer, etc... You get the idea.

• Long long time ago, in a far-east country lived two men; one very rich, the other very poor. Each man had one son.
    One day the rich man took his son to the top of a nearby mountain and then, with a gesture that encompassed the surrounding hills and fields, the little stream, the rocks and the trees, the cattle herds, the houses and huts he said: look my son, one day all of this will be yours.
    Another day the poor man also took his son to the top of the same nearby mountain, then with a gesture that encompassed the surrounding hills and fields, the little stream, the rocks and the trees, the cattle herds, the houses and huts he said: look son

• I'd be willing and able to submit another chapter if that's going to be allowed.

-Josh

• hey guys

with weimar's bloody deliver we make the 13th, ji ji ji. there's nobody else on list and I've been thinking.

the idea of participating more than once in same corpse building... doesn't tick me. also may be that showing what it's done would trigger fellow forumners' curiosity/interest (or not). so here's my proposal:

1. upload this first chapter to vimeo and see the "results", laugh, discuss what does work, what does not work, laugh again, exchange ideas, modus operandi, improvements, etc.

2. if people interested, WE could start building another cadavre, either as an aggregate exo-squeleton, or totally anew. gather some ideas in this petit comite for the "theme" (if any) and specs.

3. the structure exists, thanks to Vitaliy we have this forum where we can meet and exchange ideas and an a project email already with contacts.

4. I really would love someone else taking over the "dealer" part, please don't think I'm tired or disenchanted, quite the oposite, it's been wonderfull experience, that's why I would like to share it, josh?

like batman said to joker, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship

so, what do you think friends?

• it seems all cool to me. show the result, this thing is already up and running for one month, time to see something right? i'd like also a new cadavre, but discussing rules together to see what can be better (for example i would think of longer shots, sharing only the last 5 secs to the next one!).

• I'd be up for that too. Also, I used to have a framed photo of Boris Karloff in exactly the same pose, except he was wearing his dark Frankenstein jacket as well.

• I'm open to the idea of doing another round. You can count me in.

• I think a new cadaver would be great!

• I'm in for a new cadavre, especially since I wasnt 100% happy with my previous entry.

• Another idea of how to keep this one going a little longer is seeing a different clip, for instance the one after the one you did, and responding to that in some way.

I like the idea of making a scary cadaver, but the sound design is so important to that. Like this video from the Ring that will make you die:

• Ric, Ted, Noireclipse, Josh, Kevin great feedback guys :D!!!

late tonight, tomorrow morning latest, raw video (no edits) will be here
    sharpened me ax, looking forward new adventures ;-)

@Alienhead wow duuude... for that we'll need mandragora, je je
    reminds me of jap great horror i.e. The Cure, Kairo, Ringu, etc.

have to run now, chipoink!!!

• I'd love to see the existing corpse! We can start a new one after.

• turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

here it is guys!!!! still converting (give it 45 min or so) but I am going to pass out
    read&join U in some hours, check vimeo text to know if it's ok or missed something

gashô

PS
    pasted here vimeo text

This exquisite corpse is the result of a Personal View members' collaborative video project
    spanning from the 29th of May to July the 7th, 2013.
    There is no edit whatsoever in images or sound, they just have been juxtaposed in chronological order.
    For more info personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6989/exquisite-corpse-a-collaborative-video-proposal/p1

BIG thanks to Vitaliy Kiselev, our host :D

In order of participation:

. MirrorMan
    . maxr - also PR/MC or dealer for this specific corpse
    . jpbturbo
    . jazzroy
    . inqb8tr
    . Django
    . michal
    . eatstoomuchjam
    . svart
    . spacewig
    . Alienhead
    . kevin_kirchman
    . haavard
    . weimar

all pixels in this video are fictitious, any resemblance with reality is merely coincidence or you hallucinating

• cool! some shots are really telling stories themselves (I loved the svart - spacewig - alienhead trio of nonsense!) what's missing is an ending, of course!

• My head hurts trying to figure out the meaning of it all.

It seems to be a journey with some hallucinations in the middle.

• meaning is obvious: somebody is able to produce a deadly fart. he gives advice to the population with a tape recording that he'll do it in town. then comes by train, poops, dances.. even his teddy bear can't hold it people run away but the noise of the fart is everywhere!

• Brilliant effort really! It works as a short absurdist piece... I second the idea to do it again. Maybe the length of the film should be in proportion to the length of each shot. Assuming there would be 15 or so contributors with an average 5 second shots we end up with a 1 minute film, with 10 second shots we would end up with a 2 minute film etc... just my thoughts but I'm big timing and structuralist works.

• I'm as into pure non-narrative film as much as the next guy; I've done a few such films myself. I have the Stan Brakhage Criterion set! There I've established my cred. However, given that there many different people with different sensibilities, how about something to tie the result together with a little more coherence? I feel like we're all hard-wired to look for narratives, and the more things come together the better the final result usually is.

Here's an idea -- the first person would choose an object that he / she knows that everyone could get a hold of, and includes that in the shot. The shot can include one line of dialogue as well. Every person must include that object in their contribution.

Or something else, but that sort of method would likely end up as an interesting and probably amusing little film.

• I like it, honestly.
    Surrealists had tight... relations with dreams. I see @MirrorMan kick off shot a bit like a dream beginning. I could be wrong but I have this feeling that the longer the sequence the easier to loose narrativeness, to abandon explanation and embrace the experience (video is such a tyrant medium) as a whole. @Alienhead If you just see 1 minute of Brackhage it's a joke

My bigger surprise is sound, so distinct and at the same time such a powerful unifying thing

There's also a precious experience from where to go on building a more consistent way of sharing/collaborating, discussing and implementing, as it's already happening :D

I'm happy

So... we have Ted's idea of same object through the shots and MirrorMan 5 to 10 secs proposal, ah and @jazzroy deadly fart :P - what limitations, if any? What do others think/feel?

For future project we could consider having... either a theme, a sound, a text line, etc. then each person would go on making his/her shot(s) and finally assembling all together. This would be a very fast project if many participants; we would need to find an efficient way of sharing and some rules for assembling... but that's for another corpse XD

Finally, right now I'm exporting a HQ x264 1080p24 video, I'll PM you with downloadable link when it's done and I didn't choose vimeo's video cover, was automatic, just in case of doubts and for clarification.
    It's good to be part of this

• @maxr

Thanks for sharing.

While I like idea, such thing is not for me. I much more prefer interesting people and shoing real work or nature.

• I see @MirrorMan kick off shot a bit like a dream beginning.

I thought that your shot(the 2nd) was also very dreamlike. I had the idea of people viewing/listening to recordings of dreams. With the 4th shot it turns into a sort of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind/Minority Report crime sci-fi.

While I like idea, such thing is not for me. I much more prefer interesting people and shoing real work or nature.

It's better than arguing about hack bitrates.