Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC and other CC Suite 2021 products
  • 410 Replies sorted by
  • Focus masks seem interesting. Anyone know how to apply that to a video clip?

• @matt_gh2 Convert the clip into a smart object??

• @Tron Will try that - thanks.

• The 2014 release of Premiere Pro CC enables you to work with the vast majority of formats natively — including 4K, 5K and 6K RED media, XAVC, ProRes, and DNxHD — without transcoding or file rewrapping. Premiere Pro recently added support for Sony SStP and Canon RAW, and significantly expanded support for CinemaDNG formats.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/video-formats.html?set=premiere-pro--whats-new--2014-06

• It looks like they finally added RAW adjustments to Cinema DNG files inside Premiere. I'm still downloading the updates to try it, but that's what the document said.

Edit: Update, installed and tested with BMPCC and 5Dmk3 RAW footage. The BMPCC stuff handles great on my 8-core Mac from 2008 with GT640 2GB. To change your RAW settings, right click on the clip in bin or timeline and choose "Source Settings." Then you can adjust the exposure, white balance, and tint. Those are the three parameters, so not as rich as what you get in Resolve or Camera RAW, but not bad. Plays back realtime with a LUT applied via Lumetri, full quality. Very nice.

Magic Lantern RAW works the same way, except I get pink highlights which could just be from using older ML footage. Don't know if it'll happen with the newest build yet or not. Otherwise, same as BMPCC.

• Take care, Red Giant plugs seem not to play with new version. Just in case you need..

• Adobe also confirmed that H264 export is messed up with compression artifacts in 2014. Major bummer. This kind of reminds me of the multicam bug debacle with the 2013 release.

• Has anyone try to edit footage on Premiere CC in 4K monitor? the text is way to small

premiere.jpg
    1909 x 1077 - 330K
  • @superset Do you know if the H264 export is still messed up with compression artefacts?

• They released an update a few days back that fixes the H.264 issues.

• @Oedipax Thanks. Do you know if the latest version of Premiere CC is stable, or if there are any problems with it? I'm in the middle of an important project, and would like to use some of the new features, but wasn't sure if I should chance an upgrade in the middle of a project.

• @matt_gh2 It looks stable and you really want that H264 fix. It was a black eye for Adobe. Almost as bad as the multicam bug. Hope they can improve from this.

• @SuperSet Thanks. I'm also curious on the DCP export capacity.

• Still waiting for them to fix AVCHD pulldown. Shouldn't be more than a decade at most. What they should do is make it super simple to bypass the export, so you can just easily and reliably plug in something that works for any media source.

• @DrDave What's AVCHD pulldown? I remember some people talking about choosing to just export a high quality uncompressed file from premiere and then use another program to get H264 file from that.

• @matt_gh2 the DCP export is really slow and extremely basic. Its just a really cut down version of Quvis' Wraptor, kind of like the way Adobe support Dolby by having basic functions that you have to pay to make more complex.

There are other more robust programs out there (free too) But if you are shooting a project at 24fps and don't mind the wait then it'll do in a pinch. I'm not 100% happy with the rec709 LUT they use.

• @rrsduncan Great advice - will probably try one of the other programs. Thanks.

• @matt_gh2 An older format--still used--to embed 24p in a 60i stream. Premiere made a big deal about editing it natively since V5 but it doesn't work properly and you have to do it in After Effects.

• @DrDave Ok yeah - thought it might be something like that - reminds me of my old DVX100 days which had pulldown used. Thanks.

• What AVCHD cameras are still doing 24p inside 60i? I wouldn't hold my breath on Adobe fixing that, if it's been a known problem for a while.

• @Oedipax I have quite a few Canon camcorders with the same pro sensor as the G10 that I bought on closeout for filming really big events where you need lots of cams. The cams are great, but the pulldown is a pain. And the fact is, Premiere Pro should put the "pro" back in the title--they should fix the bugs. An expensive piece of software.

When I bought the software, there was no sign on the box that said "by the way, there are some serious problems with this, and we will never fix them. Ever."