Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
25mm F0.95 SLRMagic topic
  • 245 Replies sorted by
  • Got mine today, and it feels as though there's a noticeable play on the focus ring - doesn't feel very nice, especially not compared to my Voigtlander 25mm. Anyone else have this issue?

• Here's some more footage, private link, not for download. Will have to take it down soon:

Password: SLR2595

Blackmagic MFT and SLR 25/0.95 with minimal lighting.

• The "play" in the focus ring became less pronounced after some use. Exercised the focus ring all the way back and forth a few times.

• @kholi lovely lens! Thanks for posting! I'm still waiting for my pre-order... I beg it will match nicely with the pocket camera as well, regardless all the worries about going wide. In fact I find I use 35mm lens far more often on my gh1/gh3 than the normal 20 or wider.

• @feonn

CHeck my vimeo. I don't want VK to strike me down for reposting, but there's footage of the 25mm 0.95 cropped and composed for BPC (Pocketcam) specs, and it looks grea to tme.

I really want a 35/0.95... that will round things out for me. Or, well, if SLR made an 18-20/1.4 in addition to the 35/0.95, THAT would be the round set for me. xD

Hope they're reading!

• @kholi I already viewed all footage I could find with the SLR Magic! Actually I hope that come up with an anamorphic adapter compatible with 12mm and 25mm. That would be great for wideer view with the pocket camera also.

• @kholi, awesom. Seems like shot in Alexa. :O With the Pocket Camera?

What is the price of this lens?

• @jleo, used it for a solid few hours, and it doesn't seem to have gotten much better. The lens actually makes noise if I move it back and forth and jerks around a little bit.

• @wgtwo

Yeah it was a pretty disconcerting CLACK sound when we first got it. I thought the MFT mount was loose. But I no longer hear that sound and the focus is much smoother.

• Some night footage from the 25mm.

• @kholi I´m a bit curious about the smaller f-stops (how the lens feels, bokeh rendition a.s.o.) and what you´d reckon is the largest you´d go in normal circumstances?

• Is the $50 slr magic step up ring the only option to use a variable nd filter with their 25mm lens?

• Mine just arrived today. Gonna use it tonight for a music video/studio recording shoot.

Smaller than I expected. There is a bit of play on the focus ring (bummer). Stepless Aperture ring is incredibly smooth. Wide open shallow DOF is intimidatingly wafer thin.

Ordered from Adorama. Rebate was instant, but propriety SLR stepup adapter was not an option at Adorama.

more to come....

O

• Haven't figured out what that sliding hood ring does. It doesn't lock in place...doesn't act as lens shade???

• Small lens shade, yes.

• What's the minimum focus distance on this? My voigt doubles as a great macro lens and I would hate to loose that if switching. Could someone do a hard backlit face (preferably with sunlight) so we could look at coma, spill and flare? Focus ring play doesn't sound that good :(

• Min focus distance says .26m. All of my SLR's have a little bit of play but it's never bothered me and never been a problem during recording. But everyone is different :)

• @vicharris Did you ever get that female-female step down ring to test with the male-male coupler? just wondering if that is still an alternative to the SLR Magic ring, and if so, does it work just as well? Thanks so much :)

• @Matthew You know, I have two rings sitting here but haven't checked anything! I totally forgot. I'll have to reboot my brain and figure out what the hell we were talking about!

• Just so you guys know, I've found a 55mm step up works fine to screw into the lens shade. 5 bucks vs. female to male step up/down rings or the $50 proprietary ring.

• @theconformist Did you experience any vignetting using a 55mm filter versus a 77mm filter?

• If anyone else knows if the cheaper alternatives work just as well as the SLR Magic ring, please let me know. They're wanting to charge me $80 + shipping to purchase it separately from the lens (which I ordered from Adorama).

• @matthew I use a 55mm to 77mm step ring, and attach a 77mmm filter. The only issue is that the lens hood rotates but no really a problem. If you're using a vari nd or circular polarizer it presents an inconvenience but the rotation of the filter itself does not effect the image

• Yeah, from what I remember it seems like you can build your own version. I'll dig through my stuff tomorrow and see but I preordered so the SLR one came with my lens. @theconformist Are you able to focus to infinity? I know this was the problem if a coupler was not used.

• @vicharris yes i can focus to infinity because the step up ring is screwed into the lens hood instead of the lens itself.