Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • How do I use Sanity 5 with Pasedena Pulse at the same time?

• Just posted a video review for the EM320E shotgun mic, using the Sanity 5 and Pasedena Pulse audio patch:

Shot on the 20mm pancake with autofocus enabled. Dynamic picture style -2, -2, -2, -1 ISO 400, F2.8 Whatever the white balance is that looks like a circle with little lines emanating outwards all around. Incandescent? don't know....

Straight out of the camera, no mucking about it post.

• Sorry for getting off topic, i really love this patch as well (sanity 5) for its lower bit-rate easier to play with in my very much outdated mac mini.

• @peternap I like the image from the tokina you displayed. I not sure weher or not i like the vivitar zoom, that i have. I will have to put it through proper testing but from what i seeing its not bad. Also i cant seem to find what mount it is. If you have an idea of what it might let me know. Im guessing Olympus because of the o/om at written at the bottom of lens. But want to be sure before i purchase one online. Here's the info:Vivitar 80-200mm f4.5 mc no 28139131.

• First, have a look at the serial number on the lens. The first one or two digests will let you find out who made it. Some of the Vivatar's are unbelievably good...some are dogs.

If it looks like a keeper, get an adapter. They're cheap. Use a tripod or at least a monopod. Handheld is almost impossible with longer lenses without IS.

If you have one of the good one's, you'll love it with Sanity 5.

I just finished testing a Tokina RMC 80-200 F4 with Sanity 5 This is a screen grab of it at 200mm f5 and in TE mode. 24P Smooth -2

losslessjpg.jpg
    600 x 338 - 220K
  • @mo7ie Thank for the tips. In this particular situation i had the vintage 80-200 zoom not connected to the camera so one hand was holding the lens, other on the camera body for me which was extremely difficult, but im learning. Definitely going to use the three point contact method in future.

• Does any body have recommendations for tripods monopods etc

Yes. Use them. Also handheld shots should not be so unstable - use two hands to hold the camera, and viewfinder pressed against your eye as third point of contact, this will help very much. Also lean on something - a pole, a fence... anything that gives you - and thus your camera - stability.

• Hi guys, my very first attempt at pretty much everything.color grading lens whacking, 720 slo mo. My friend gave me a old vivitar 80-200mm lens I did not have an adapter for, thus the reason for lens whacking attempt I used sanity5. Since im a noob any advice or tips. Please

Disclaimer: very shaky footage no suport whats so ever. Does any body have recommendations for tripods monopods etc. Thanks

• Thanks!

• Shutterspeed 1/100

• Thanks mo7ies! I was interested in the shutter speed. There is some juttering that I can't tell if it's Vimeo compression or shutter speed or other....Really doesn't matter since it's in 720-50.

• Right-click on video, Watch on Vimeo, look under the video window there for full description with settings and workflow. He says: "Shot on the Panasonic GH2 with Sanity5 settings. Smooth -2-2-2-2, 720 50p Lenses: SLR Magic 12mm, Voigtländer 25mm, Canon FD 50mm and 135mm, Vivitar FD 28-90 and 70-210 B-roll with Sony HX9V Edit in Sony Vegas 11 - Grading in Magic Bullet Looks Music by Massive Attack: Teardrop"

• What were your settings Jon?

• Swedish Basketball Champions "Dolphins" defend their title in the finals 2012. Big thanks to my friends Niclas and Linda at Fotofabriken for getting me in on this event! If someone wants to know - they're still reigning champions ;) Shot on the Panasonic GH2 with Sanity5 settings. Smooth -2-2-2-2, 720 50p Lenses: SLR Magic 12mm, Voigtländer 25mm, Canon FD 50mm and 135mm, Vivitar FD 28-90 and 70-210 B-roll with Sony HX9V Edit in Sony Vegas 11 - Grading in Magic Bullet Looks Music by Massive Attack: Teardrop

• Wonderful child! :)

• Some holiday shots of my little girl using GH2, Olympus 14-54 (and a bit of FD 50 1.4) and Sanity 5. All at 24fps. Shot 1920 x 1080 - downrezzed to 720p for vimeo upload. No grading.

• Did a little test the day before yesterday with Sanity 5. Looks good with HBR 25P! :))

• Shot a 4.5 hr timelapse today w/ 10 stills/ minute. Used my gh2 / sanity 5 / as a back up at 24fps, 1080p, cinemode, cinestyle -2, -2, -2, -2, on 2 sandisk 32gb/ 30mb/s cards.

Ran a RC car battery (that runs the gh2 at 8hrs) and changed the first card a little over 3 hours (about 90% full). Lots of 4gb files that spanned. Performed flawlessly.

Last saturday night, same camera, same settings, but with reg batteries, 3 hour concert. Again, spanned flawlessly.

My thanks to all involved for the patch.....

• Yep...I hope....why?

• Sanity? Are you sure?

• I'm having bandwidth troubles again (storm) so this is SD...But Sanity 5 (and a good example of why I make fun of city people)

• @mo7ies...that's almost an everyday occurrence! I've had more cops fired than Jack Daniels. The trick is to keep the camera going and have your lawyer on the phone.

Clearly DC is not NY, my friend :)

BTW, I'm in Virginia which is still a free state. I wouldn't go to DC or NY on a bet.