Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • Go for Extreme Pro SDXC, it won't give you errors: walkingad.com/#SDXC

• I'm using a sandisk extreme 16gb 30mb/s which has worked fine with QuantumX and other super high bitrate patches so I thought this would work fine too.

• Hi. I'd like s5 but I couldn't cross it with MJPEG timelapse in PanasonicH2 camera would you help me in that... The MJPG timelapse ia more usefull for me but all my attemps to cross it with s5 was failed. Thanks

• IMHO, Sanity v5 is such low bitrate, you can actually use its 24H video mode for timelapse. Simply shoot video and in post, speed it up however you like. Added bonus: gives you variable time control in post, up to real-time 24p - try that with photo timelapse ;)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3305/timelapse-with-sanity-v5

• I'd like to try out Sanity 5 mixed with the Palais Audio (for my news work - shot 1080i50 for broadcast). There's a combined patch on page 8 but I'm not sure how to access the .ini file (I thuoght I could right-click to save/download, but no luck). Any suggestions?

Apologies for the dumb question.

• @Ricochet Make sure you're logged into Personal-View. It might be a browser issue - try a different browser. Or, you could try single clicking it and get a page full of text. Then save that page.

• @Ralph_B Thanks. Logging in made the difference. Had no idea. Look forward to seeing your work!!

• Thanks for idea to mo7ies , but I like to do such video timelapse

where I can control every picture. It was made with timelpser program with MJPG , .But in s5 I can not to switch function mjpg 2fps

• @yaros - you shot snails w 2fps?

• Yes. Firstly I have this patch http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/24194 but the AVCD in it is to hard for me but in sanity 5 I cannot make MJPG 2 fps manualy or another way I'm trying to combine this 2 patches but it is not good idea . I can not find the simple only for mjpg timelapse patch wich not making influence to the sanity 5

• @yaros What's the problem? Why can't you turn on MJPEG FPS and set it to 2?

• I just did an all day shoot yesterday and Sanity 5 performed flawlessly. I just wanted to thank the guy who came up with these settings. They are efficient and look great!

• @Ralph_B I'm turning on MJPEG FPS to 2fps but it isn't work in my GH2 with S5 and I'm looking for somebody who help me in this problem may be in making ini files S5+MJPEG 2 fps corectly

• Hi. I am completely new here. First let me say THANKS to everyone here for doing such cool work and for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I just recently hacked my camera using Sanity 5 and tried documenting a recording session I tracked last night. I set it on 24p and left the camera running in a moderately lit studio with very little movement (just the musicians moving in place) and headed for the control room. Upon returning, the camera had gone into sleep mode and when I reviewed the footage at home (couldn't in camera), the file had cut off at 21 mins. Transcend 32gb class 10 card.

Is this normal as I'm reading replies from people getting much longer record times. What am I missing or do I need a better card?

Thanks for any and all replies.

• @tl2bass

You need to use 24L for spanning. Sounds like you used 24H.

• My camera spans very reliably in 24H mode. Just use the right card, 64Gb 95MB/s spans perfectly with GH2 and Sanity v5 in 24H and 720p60 modes. Made very long videos, so far up to 5hrs straight, without a hitch! I bought my two cards here: walkingad.com/#SDXC

• The shooting with sanity5 GH2 24H mode. Some trembling without tripod to my sorry

• @yaros - which lenses were used, and what settings? Great macro shots!

• @mo7ies Thanks, I was suprised in 14-42 kit lenses macro capabilities in tele2 mode and usual one . Some was shooting by handmade monokle lens. On body 24H 25-50-or100 exposure S mode ISO avto and sanity5 of course :-))

• Ah, so the lens was stabilized. Again, great shots! Yes, stock 14-42 is very good, except... did you notice crazy romb-like flaring on sunny days in certain situations?

• As for me the video in sunny days I prefer to shoot by manual zeiss lenses, but I couldn't do this macro without stabilesed lense with no tripod ...

• I used to own this Zeiss 100mm Makro lens (Nikon version), which is considered one of the best: http://goo.gl/uSThT The lens was OK. However, I disliked ugly coma it produced on night lights, so I sold it. Maybe CP.2 video lenses by Zeiss are better, I don't know.

• @Ralph... yes, I used 24H. I will use 24L from here on out if I stick with this current card. I will look into a faster card now so I'm not crippled in the future. Thanks for the info, everyone!

• @tl2bass My Transcend 32GB class 10 did not span for Sanity 4.1 in 24L mode. It usually spans with 45MB/s 32GB Sandisk Card.

• From what I researched... just because the card says Class 10, it won't sustain the recording bandwidth required to span some hacks. Specifically, Transcend and Lexar do not seem to be very good for our particular purpose, which is spanning on GH2. Further, most SanDisk cards won't safely span either, even when they say 45MB/s. The only card I found so far that absolutely safely spans in 24H (and in 720p60) in Sanity v5 is this: http://goo.gl/gbQf4