Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • sorry for going off topic....someone asked about my gear when I posted about the sanity hack with the audio hack...

• Hi guys, I noticed after installing Sanity that when I hit the stop record button, the GH2 will cut off a bit of the end of the footage. Is this a GH2 problem or a hack problem? I'm using Sandisk 16gb 95mbs

• GH2 problem. Had that before the hack too. But could be a player issue too. Did you check in a NLE like premiere if the footage is there?

• Add 3 sec to the end of your footage before stopping the recording. This will compensate for the "end cutoff" that occurs, I believe, in all GH2 recordings. When I want to Cut, I don't press the stop button yet. Instead, I count "1,000, 2,000 3,000" and then press stop. This gives me 3sec extra run at the end, which will be cut off due to GH2 behavior, so in the end I get my full footage.

• Yesterday, I bought a GH2, and the first patch I try was Sanity 5. It's working very well with my Transcend 16GB class 10. I had planned to go outside and try it today, but it was raining since the morning. Thus, I made a quick test around my room instead. Here is the video.

24H -2,-2,-2,-2 Canon 35mm f2 (L-mouth)

I think the dark part is a little bit muddy. I'm totally new about GH2, so It might be caused by some of my settings?

• @subco @ peternap

Just 2x checking that the setb.ini (which when I downloaded it has the following filename: 3300b083a1802b2cc12f21fd708bc5.ini) you posted subco COMBINES the Sanity 5 and thepalalias audio hack, right? Hoping... exactly what I would want.

• @ subco sorry for my lack of clarity, but you got my question. Thanks for combining the two.

• Sorry, I remain of the opinion that no audio patches are needed on GH2. Factory sound is great, given the class of the mics/preamp, so I don't think it is realistic to expect any improvements by reprogramming it, IMHO...

• @subco

Thanks! I will test it with different kinds of light next time. Still a long way to go...

• @kriser81 Nice shots - I love rainy days. Since you're new to the GH2, you should know there will always be a little noise in the darkest areas of the picture, even at ISO 160. This is not a Sanity issue. It's simply the way the GH2 is.

• I tried the sanity/audio patch and didn't hear any difference either. I tried CM Night, during the day and still say it is hazy, so Sanity 5 went back in for today's shoot at the Capitol. Despite using the Panny lenses (Which I hate), torrential rain and non stop arguments with the Cops and Homeland Security, it preformed like a champ. I did change my settings some. NR=-2, Sharp=-2, Saturation-0, Contrast=-1 in Vibrant.

• @peternap - you argued with cops and survived? Clearly DC is not NY, my friend :)

• @mo7ies...that's almost an everyday occurrence! I've had more cops fired than Jack Daniels. The trick is to keep the camera going and have your lawyer on the phone.

Clearly DC is not NY, my friend :)

BTW, I'm in Virginia which is still a free state. I wouldn't go to DC or NY on a bet.

• I'm having bandwidth troubles again (storm) so this is SD...But Sanity 5 (and a good example of why I make fun of city people)

• Sanity? Are you sure?

• Yep...I hope....why?

• Shot a 4.5 hr timelapse today w/ 10 stills/ minute. Used my gh2 / sanity 5 / as a back up at 24fps, 1080p, cinemode, cinestyle -2, -2, -2, -2, on 2 sandisk 32gb/ 30mb/s cards.

Ran a RC car battery (that runs the gh2 at 8hrs) and changed the first card a little over 3 hours (about 90% full). Lots of 4gb files that spanned. Performed flawlessly.

Last saturday night, same camera, same settings, but with reg batteries, 3 hour concert. Again, spanned flawlessly.

My thanks to all involved for the patch.....

• Did a little test the day before yesterday with Sanity 5. Looks good with HBR 25P! :))

• Some holiday shots of my little girl using GH2, Olympus 14-54 (and a bit of FD 50 1.4) and Sanity 5. All at 24fps. Shot 1920 x 1080 - downrezzed to 720p for vimeo upload. No grading.

• Wonderful child! :)

• Swedish Basketball Champions "Dolphins" defend their title in the finals 2012. Big thanks to my friends Niclas and Linda at Fotofabriken for getting me in on this event! If someone wants to know - they're still reigning champions ;) Shot on the Panasonic GH2 with Sanity5 settings. Smooth -2-2-2-2, 720 50p Lenses: SLR Magic 12mm, Voigtländer 25mm, Canon FD 50mm and 135mm, Vivitar FD 28-90 and 70-210 B-roll with Sony HX9V Edit in Sony Vegas 11 - Grading in Magic Bullet Looks Music by Massive Attack: Teardrop

• What were your settings Jon?