Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • I need some feedback on Cluster v5 on GF2. Please download and give it a whirl. Thanks, Nick

Driftwood 'Globular' (Cluster v5 12-15 GOP Special) - setb.zip
  • Cluster5 is the clear winner, in my recent test. Both Cluster4 and Cluster5 are out-resolving Flowmotion2.02 and now Cluster5 has the better shadows, too. This is, of course, just my own opinion, based on my testing, which may or may not be accurate. I try to eliminate all variables, but there could easily be something that I've overlooked. I know that framegrabs, or whatever they're called, would be helpful here, but I don't know how to do that.

• On my Gf2 really liking Cluster 5 in 1080i seems to be a great quality to file size mix. I also use 720p for the ex tele zoom mode. This is also good but not having in camera playback is a real restrcition for me. I've tried disabling B files. This sorts playback but also causes write errors in EX mode.

Any suggestions on how to keep the 1080i settings but have realiable 720 not using B frames would be really appreciated.

• Believe it or not, this is a footage from GF2!!!

Cluster v5

• @coors Although I designed Flow Motion v2.02 explicitly for the GH2, it also appears to work reliably on the GF2 and GF3, with one exception - in-camera playback does not work reliably in 100Mbps modes. This is an unfortunate limitation of the GF2/3 that I found with any patch higher than about 50Mbps.

In terms of motion picture quality, I wasn't able to compare FM2 with Cluster 720p modes myself, as Cluster consistently produced write errors on nearly all of my FM2 test subjects.

• ?! Not. We found regular errors on Flowmo when it was overstressed. And now Cluster v6 (below) clears the way for ALL modes without overtaxing your biitrate. Stunning quality.

• @driftwood I will do the testing once I am back from Holidays next week...

• Lumix GF2 - 300$ Lomo 25mm 1.4 - 30$ noname chinese viewfinder - 20$

Who is cheaper? :)

• P.S. nudity content

• @zinin maybe you can make videos with quality lens and less nudity

• nudity content

Nobody's gonna watch it now!

• Hi @zinin, your videos with GF2 are incredible. Fast lens like 50mm 1.4 and cctv 25 mm 1.4 on GF2 makes the difference, indeed. I am very interested in your use of lomo cctv 25 mm 1.4 it seems a good lens, very sharp and natural look, however, like other 25mm cctv lens, I've noticed that has a specific look, too smooth on the corners. I want to know if this smooth-effect is more evident when you focus a close subject or viceversa...

• Here you go. Probably the most stable settings to date.

*** NEW *** Cluster v6 'DREWnet' - The Ultra Reliable Setting is now released.

• iA recordings in HBR look stunning.
    • 720p60 modes span and look great.
    • 720 modes with Etc and iDynamic on High actually works.
    • You DON'T neccesarily need the bestcard for this setting.
    • GH2: 24pH / L Both look great and will regurlarly resolve the target Q of 16 where possible.
    • Tested by twelve beta testers to work on GH2 and GFx.
    • Incorporates the best of Orion & Sedna matrices for those familar to Driftwood GOP1 settings.
    Cluster v6 - 'DREWnet' 12-15GOP Top Reliability Setting - seta.zip
  • This was made for you guys :-)

BTW: Cluster has always been a Long GOP patch. We've been thru many implementations now.

• @driftwood very impressive in all forms. I'll try it on Panny lens shortly -- been using patch on Canon EF 50mm. Some great results so far. Thank you so much.

• Thanx driftwood i'll test when i finish My canon 40mm f1.7 Lens Mount Adapter I take the lens out of Canon canonet ql17 giii Thanx All

• Can't wait to use it :D Stupid question: I already updated body firmware to 1.1 (without patching it), can I re-update a new 1.1 patched or should I go back to 1.0? :\

• @subco. Good shots you've done. What lens did you use might I ask?

• @subco , great, Cluster v6 shines on GF2 :-)

• GF2 is quite good on close ups/ in tight, wide shots are where it shows it's short comings.

• Yep, no individual patch can fix that. My iPhone GF2 reminder notes tip "avoid wide distance shots".

• Hi @driftwood GF2 sensors output is 30p ( AVC 720p60 it duplicates frames to achieve the 60p ) Maybe it is worth to introduce additional parameters for GFx? What other restrictions have to GFx at your settings?

• GF2 with Driftwood's Cluster v6 'DREWnet' - Lens is Canon 50mm (100mm) FD mount (w/adaptor) - f1.8. Color scene selected: "food". Shot at 1080/50i (Pal). Uploaded with SSL Youtube uploader, straight out of the camera (no color correction, nothing changed on fps and bitrate)

Mediainfo says: Overall bit rate : 24,6 Mbps Maximum Overall bit rate : 58,7 Mbps Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : High@L4.0 Format settings, CABAC : No Format settings, ReFrames : 2 fotogrammi Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=23 Bit rate mode : Variabile Bit rate : 23,5 Mbps Maximum bit rate : 50,0 Mbps Width : 1 920 pixel Height : 1 080 pixel Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate : 25,000 fps Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.453

Any suggestion? Is this the best I can get from GF2 with this lens? (I'm a newbie). Thanks for your precious help and THANKS to Driftwood!

• Shoot something with more detail and the bitrate goes up.

Any GF2 testers want to try something for me? PM me.

• Yes Driftwood 720p no playback in camera 1080i ok Motion JPEG IS GREAT(more than details) THANX

Cluster V6 720 50p.jpg
    1291 x 673 - 301K