Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • I've been very impressed with the Sanity 5 patch, on my GF2. I've tried them all and the color, contrast and tonality of this patch keeps me coming back to it. For lowlight, the VY Canis Majoris 'Night' is giving me great low noise and shadow detail. I'm looking forward to trying out LPowell's Flowmotion v2.0, to be released this week.

• another my GF2 video. 720p60

• @Ebacherville using my own settings, affect only on 108050i/60i FSH modes, tested only in 1080i50 mode.

setf.ini
    433B
  • humpman, are these settings really stable for GOP1?

• @Rambo shoot with this settings last time, got no errors and tested on stress chart, bitrate 100-110 Mbps

• @subco :: Editing/Grading : Premiere :: Camera : Lumix GF2 :: Lenses : Nikon 50mm 1.4 / Lomo 25mm 1.4 noname adapters

and my GF2 make real 60fps.

• @zinin Great work again! Your footage has a GH2 feeling! I like very much c-mount lomo lens in your video ;)

• @zinin love your footage, gorgeous model, superb grading. Camera shake spoils it a little bit.

and my GF2 make real 60fps.

Hmm, I thought it had 30p/25p sensor output...

• @zinin

can you teach us how you do that? I mean 60 FPS by GF2 ? It has only 30p output sensor,

• I am saddened (

• @zinin

Don't be! Your work is more than good enough for TV... In fact, I'm passing it along to a commercial sponsor

• Any progress with GF2 Stable Settings?

Can you recommend settings of the other topics for GF2? sanity 5? Driftwood Quantum X?

I need good settings for 1080p 30fps, 35-40mbs, daylight. Now I use settings from first post in this topic.

• I'm still sitting here waiting for manual video mode :)

• @ LongJohnSilver, I think VK fails, or the thing is too complex...

• VK never fails. It's a question of time.

• Guys, this isn't the development topic.

• @zinin Try GOP3ZILLA (standard) http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2960/golgop3-13-gop3zilla-natural-for-mega-size-i-frame-lovers-/p1 and EOSHD GF2 setting on the bottom of this page: http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault

These two are the cleanest from everything I tested (pixel-peeping the screengrabs to see where codec falls apart) in AVCHD 1080. I am yet to try @subco 's MJPEG settings (ложил я на ГФ с большим прибором: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/64258#Comment_64258 ), but he is right, the real resolution is way below even 720. My workflow for now is AVCHD@1080 and final export at 720.

• @maxmizer

I suggest you to look into development plan.
    Right now I don't have time, and spend all available on GX1 and G3,

• @diafragma1939 relative to your questions on the Flow Motion v2.0 thread. I only use the GF2 in 1080. I've been shooting in the two other formats for testing only. I don't own a GH2, so I am not disappointed with any aspect of the GF2's image quality. It serves my needs very well. If the GF2 had full manual controls, I'd be very, very happy, indeed.

• GF2 + nikon 50 1.4

• @zinin Great footage and color correction!Much better than GH1 color footage! the softness of this little camera give the footage a nice 16 mm look! ;)

• Have anyone tried FM2.02 on GF2 ?

• I've been testing GOLGOP3-13_Std, Cluster4.0_setG_LargeGOP and Flowmotion v2.02 on the GF2, lately. I've accomplished one controlled lighting, iso640 test involving these three patch/settings and the Flowmotion 2.02 really does have the cleanest shadows.

• My GF2 stable setting.

seti.ini