Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput Monitor with histogram, focus assist, zebras
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • Again, I know your on it, but count me in on one!

• +1 on this monitor deal.

• I'm on board as well. Seems like a great monitor.

• @Tommyboy

I am working on it.

But as approach we use is new to them it'll take some time.

• @VK any news on this yet?

• I'd be interested in p-v special deal.

• Just mount monitor on arm :-) As you can attach it to head or to the rig clamp :-)

• Most of the ballhead mount that came free with the monitor are crappy. It will definitely flex especially if you mount a big Sony NP970 battery on the back of the 7inch monitor. I think if you really want to mount a monitor on the camera hot shoe, a 5 inch or smaller monitor is more suitable.

• Is this a 5D-II specific or the features will be operational on 7D as well !?

• Has anyone used any 7" monitor mounted to the hot shoe as the pic shows? Is it viable to mount it that way? Looks top heavy and unwieldy.

• Cheers @Vitaliy_Kiselev, much appreciated.

• +1 for PV deal

• Considering deal all is going good. But it is NY time, so have to wait.

• +1 for PV deal :)

• It is Lanparte arm :-)

You can also check Tilta on deals, but you need to get something bigger with it (due to shipping costs)

• @brianluce

I was quoted $35 for the Sony F970 battery and charger. I read on another forum that the F970 battery is excellent and lasts 10hrs+ on a single charge.

I'd also be super interested in a PV deal for this monitor. Can anyone recommend a solid magic arm? It seems a lot of the models out there get loose after awhile. I was looking at this one

Have any of you folks used this arm? It even comes with the olive green rod clamp to match my soon to arrive Lanparte rig.

• As VK said they are on Chinese New Year Holiday now, they will be back to office on Jan.30th.

I'm really tempted for an ebay auction.

• +1 for PV deal.

• Count me in on the PV deal!

• does the 7" 5D-II have focus assist, zebras, etc., or are those only available in the 7" 5D-II-O-P? It looks like:

7" 5D-II = no peaking, histogram, etc.
    7" 5D-II-O = no peaking, histogram, etc., but with hdmi pass-through
    7" 5D-II-O-P = peaking, histogram, etc., and with hdmi pass-through also

The 7" 5D-II and 7" 5D-II-O are both available on US ebay.com now for around $250 shipped.

• +1 interest for PV deal. ( i was already looking into this monitor! so let's get a sweet deal )

• +1 interest for PV deal.

• +1 interest for PV deal here too. Fingers crossed!

• This is standard Sony batteries. Cheap as hell.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions