Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput Monitor with histogram, focus assist, zebras
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • @au8ust How did you check to see what firmware you have?

• @au8ust Thanks

@vicharris According to users:

"It's in the main menu, third menu item over (the icon looks like tools). Scroll down to bottom of the page and it shows the Firmware number."

Firmware version info was removed from the menu at firmware version 1.8. That's why I assume mine is 1.8.

• Ahh, got it. 1.8 it is then. Waiting to hear back from Lilliput on this issue.

• @vicharris You hear anything useful from Lilliput?

I contacted Lilliput UK and they told me to contact the reseller (VIVITEQ on Amazon). VIVITEQ said they're still working to find a solution and confirmed that my firmware is 1.8 based on the product serial number.

I didn't return the monitor yet because I really need to shoot some things soon and I don't want to wait 2 weeks or however long it would take to ship to them and get a new monitor back, and still not know if it's an issue with the firmware or a defect in the monitor.

I figured out that I can use Peaking with high image quality if I first turn on the Exposure or Histogram and then press the function button for Peaking. The actual functionality of the Exposure/Histogram will be gone, but the image quality will stay high. As soon as I turn off Peaking, the image quality drops again and I must turn on either Histogram or Exposure to get the high quality back. It's annoying but now usable at least.

• @TGDude I contacted Lilliput customer to ask them what's the deal with it and they wanted to know my invoice number. Apparently they only provide customer support if you buy directly from them. They stopped responding to my emails now after several attempts. This is one thing I will not stand for in a company. Since I was smart enough to purchase it off of amazon prime, I just sent the P.O.S. back to them to deal with. That's it for me and this company for good. I have an older nice Marshall that I can fall back on, thank god!

Also about going from SD to HD, once you're in HD, you can't change any of the color or temp settings in the user menu! So once you actually see what it looks like in HD, you have to go back to SD to change anything, then go back to HD, see what it looks like there and so on. Also what's up with that crazy blue color temp change when it goes in HD? Something is going on here and I would suggest everyone hold your roll till they get it figured out. Does your also cut off about 5% of the screen edge? Mine did and I couldn't do anything to change it. Oh, good ol Marshall. :)

• I'm planing to buy a cheap monitor, I'm between feelworld and lilliput monitors. What do you thing? which one is better?. thanks

• @zzanttiago

One in our deals. It is better than Lilliput and Feelworld, believe me.

• @zzanttiago Stay away from the lilliput for sure till they get whatever is going on figured out. As Vitaliy said, that one he has on the deals page looks pretty good and the price is pretty damn good too.

• After being told by VIVITEQ for 2 weeks that they are working on a solution to the problem, they are now calling it a "normal issue" and are offering a refund. So I'm thinking this won't get fixed unless Lilliput offers a firmware upgrade above 1.8.

I'll probably keep it and deal with the annoyance of needing to turn the (overly sensitive) histogram on in order to view high quality. I would consider that H056 monitor from the other thread, but that one doesn't have a zoom or 1:1 pixel modes. That's a deal breaker for me because I like to be sure my focus is sharp, especially if the screen is H056 screen is 5.6" compared to Lilliput's 7"

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions