Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic FZ1000 1", 4K video, superzoom, official topic
  • 297 Replies sorted by
  • plz....how does the hdmi out work with a ninja star ? ....that's my big question ! So far I'm let down it doesn't have 720/240 and better 1080 codecs. Maybe pany can firmware these, since they probably already exist on a firmware version somewhere .

• I have both GH4 and FZ1000 (traded in my hacked GH2). I bought the FZ as it cost less than buying a similar lense for GH4. I also wanted stabilisation for wildlife video, which the GH4 hasn't got. Not when you compare it to Canon legria G30 which i use at 50P. @newveles GH4 works with libec zc-3DV . FZ1000 can not get it to work, only simple shutter remote DMW-RS1. I tried all the menu options. If it is there please inform us. @vitaliy are there any plans to hack gh4 or fz1000? (sorry if its obvious elseware )

• the fact that continuos shooting is not possible made me cancel my pre-order I am really disappointed I may have bought this camera even though it has no 24fps in 4k but with no continuous shooting this camera is a no-go for me... my search for a camera that fits my GH2/GH3/Gh4 setup and offers a zoom range like the FZ1000 and has image stabilisation (I don't mind if it only works in 1080p) goes on...any recommendation guys or any camera on the horizon that will offer this?

• olli66 Sony FDR-AX100 4K 1700$

• @derek: thanks! will go into a shop and try this one out it has to fit my lineup for multicamera shoots...different brand, no mft, excited to see if it can be included in my lineup...

• Panasonic FZ-1000 4k to FHD crop beer test

• Where is FZ400? Why FZ1000? All parts are from GH4 anyway, processor, viewfinder, focusing system, even same belt clips, except 20Mp image sensor, same one as Sony is using in RXs cameras...(Nikon CX???) I personally would love to see exactly the same FZ200 body, same lenses with 24X optical zoom and F2.8 constant aperture and new 49-points focusing system, with Sony 7S 12Mp image sensor and GH4 processor, called FZ400S or something...

• battery is from GH2 just to mix and mismatch a little bit :-)

The Lumix FZ1000 is Panasonic's classiest bridge camera to date and while undoubtedly inspired by Sony's RX10, it takes the concept of a high-end option even further. The use of a 1in sensor allows the FZ1000 to enjoy much better quality than the company's earlier 1/2.3in super-zooms, and while the lens may not sport a constant focal ratio, it still works within a fairly bright f2.8-4 range while also boasting a much longer focal length than the RX10.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_FZ1000/

olym11.jpg
    800 x 538 - 75K
  • I have this camera. It's fantastic but I have some questions:

As noted over at imaging resource site, the fz1000 has clean hdmi out - EITHER for recording OR monitoring. I'm curious, if I bought an atomos shogun, could I record to that unit in 4k whilst monitoring, as that would be intense

Also is there likely to be a USB battery option for this, such as a power pack that saves money and hassle on buying extra batteries?

Basically I want to record 4k to an external hard drive have loads of battery power and monitor the image on a larger display at the same time.. Possible?

Also if I edit my 4k footage on my computer, export and transfer the file to sd card, would it play directly from my cameras hdmi out connected to a 4k tv ? I have been able to play footage raw from my camera this way but just wondered if I could play an edited video file through the camera.

• A couple questions:

1. Is HDMI out 8-bit 4:2:0?
    2. Vitaliy, any chance of FZ1000 hacks to enable 24p in 4K, 10-bit 4:2:2 encoding, higher frame rates in 4K, or DCI 4K (4,096 x 2,160)?
  • Firmware update for the FZ1000. Same "4k Photo Mode" of the new GH4 firmware and, FINALLY, 24p in 4k.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2750546856/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz1000-firmware-update-enables-4k-photo-mode

• 24p is great! Also fantastic that they have 3 new shutter sounds.

• Time limit on the 24p?

• Time limit is still there afaik.

• Is there any version without time limit? Maybe the US version?

• @kurth I've bought this camera and the ninja blade, the blade shows menus but says no input the rest of the time, I must have something set wrong, I hope!

• @belfryman - see image-resource article

• @kurth hmm, well not really. If you are set to record in interlaced mode it shows the picture on the blade screen but the record and play buttons are greyed out, if you're in any AVCHD progressive mode or select MP4 again it shows no input on the blade. This rings a bell with problems people were having with the GH4 hdmi output and atomos. So you can use it as a monitor if your record mode is interlaced but can't record and if you're in p mode you can't use the Blade for anything. Checked and have latest firmware on the Blade. Have rung Panasonic who are going to come back.

• @kurth Oh, it works better when I put the SSD in the Blade! Forgot I'd taken it out! Yes, it does record the interlaced output but that's all. If you record in the camera at the same time you get a black screen on your Blade recording with Now recording video in the centre, which is what it records. So no to recording in camera and ninja at same time, no to recording progressive, yes to recording interlaced on it's own.

• @belfryman

the article specifically said you can't use hdmi out while simultaneously recording incamera. I'd bet the progressive problem is in the atomos but since I'm just reading articles and not with camera-atomos inhand , I could be full of bs !