Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic FZ1000 1", 4K video, superzoom, official topic
  • 297 Replies sorted by
  • thanks @fosterchen for the impressions may I ask: is there a 29m59s limit in 1080p mode, too?

• @fosterchen you say slow mo is comparable to GH4 - how is 720p/240fps? Since many feel GH4s 96fps looks like uprezzed 720, does 720 look like uprezzed SD?

• I got the FZ1000 today, I can't get 720p/200fps, only the 1080p/100fps option when I select high speed. I also can only record up to 29m59s on my PAL FZ1000 (asia pacifc region), GH4 on the other hand can record as long the memory card can hold.

Handheld 1080P video is definitely OMD like steadiness, though 4K is not bad with just OIS

• @ntsan good news about stabilization. Then it was as I expected - Hybrid 5-axis OIS in 1080p and optical (3-axis) OIS in 4k?

Post some video samples here when you could (with some low light shots, if possible).

• So I just talked to Panasonic rep who said they weren't aware of any 240fps feature... how did this rumor get started? It's in so many articles and product descriptions..

• ok, but 3-axis stabilisation should still be good, right? so, it is true that this camera cannot do continuous shooting no matter in which resolution and regardless of the camera origin (US/Asia/...)? that means I have to cancel my Adorama order. this su**s...

• if you see at 3:35 mark you can see 720p200 and 480P300 option, looks like they took it out on the final firmware, all I got was yes and no

btw the weather is crappy here atm so will try to find a good weather to get video

• No 240p?? I feel so ripped off right now amd I haven't even bought one. :-\

• Craig Shipp wrote ( youtube.com )

"You need to focus prior to starting the clip because auto focus does not work during the clip. Neither does manual focus so it's best to focus on the point of the action prior to starting the clip. Also use a tripod or be careful to hold the camera really steady because in this mode the image stabilization does not work either. And, no audio is recorded"

So the same characteristics as in FZ200 :-(((

• No focus and no audio?

• No focus and no audio?

In superspeed mode :-)

• 4K shooting mode is limited to 29min59sec. Haven't tried 1080p yet. Will need to test more with slow motion too. (of course GH4 slomo is better even if softer)

• A quick shoot of FZ1000, all handheld

• A quick test from y new FZ1000

• Seagull taking off (1080P100 slow mo)

• @fosterchen I can't seem to be able manual control shutter or aperture in 120fps mode... Have you found a way to do this?

• My quick review (for video) after playing with it today (a lot of these have been mentioned but just summing up)

GOOD

• 4K at 30p (100mbps)
    • Quality EVF and LCD screen
    • Good weight/form factor for shooting handheld
    • Sharp lens

BAD

• No 4K at 24fps
    • Max aperture in 4K: f/3.1
    • AVCHD or MP4 only
    • Max 1080p bitrate: 28mbps
    • No manual ISO, aperture, or shutter control in 120fps mode
    • No 240 or 360fps function (this was advertised early on)
    • Tripod mount is off-center with the lens
    • HDMI port is on handgrip side (wtf?)
    • No headphone jack
    • No external monitor support while recording
    • No hue adjustment on picture profiles

If you want a nice all-in-one solution for shooting 30p 4K, this is it. But that's it.

• @theconformist, you're right, the exposure is grayed out in the menus, and no shutter control on screen, only +/-. Still am impressed by the image stabilization, especially in telephoto. Switching OIS on and off shows you the major difference!

• Hi, everybody. You look what thought The DMC-GH4 with PZ-lenses (14-42PZ and 45-175PZ) can cope a remote device like Libec ZC-3DV Zoom Control: the zoom and start-stop is regulated. As appears from FZ1000 has the same stuffing and perhaps Libec ZC-3DV Zoom Control too can PERHAPS cope. It would be interesting to learn it. If you have such opportunity... If it works with FZ1000 as about GH4, a device - the best camera for video of the crane.

• @NewVeles

I think you need to wait for more real owners. And question is quote specific.