Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic FZ1000 1", 4K video, superzoom, official topic
  • 297 Replies sorted by
  • I was hoping they would have fixed the lens retraction behaviour. So many complaints about it on forums and reviews, but it seems like Panasonic isn't interested in user feedback.

• So many complaints about it on forums and reviews, but it seems like Panasonic isn't interested in user feedback.

They have much more interesting things to do. :-) May be want to reach Pentax astonishing levels in marketing and users interaction.

• May be want to reach Pentax astonishing levels in marketing and users interaction.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

• Does anyone has problems with SD write speeds?

My problem: I have two 60MB/s (that's Bytes not Bits) write speed SD cards that, occasionally, gives me problems, stopping recording because SD speed is not enough. ** Both cards work flawless with my GH4. **

• Same thing happpened to me with lx100...flawless with gh4 and a message with lx100..

• Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Well, you can always detect hint of sarcasm in big barrel full of sarcasm:-)

• gonna by myself the LX100 for some "unofficial" concert shoots first ones I am going to will be in an arena with closed roof what picture settings and grading options do you recommend?

• Does FZ1000 show exposure numbers (A,S,iso) during video recording in all modes? Sony RX100 and RX10 and many Nikon and Canon cameras shows but Panasonic cameras seems to lack that feature. My GH4 lacks it too.

Maybe it is a gimmick to show those things but it would still be nice to know what is the exposure camera uses.

• Does FZ1000 show exposure numbers (A,S,iso) during video recording in all modes? Sony RX100 and RX10 and many Nikon and Canon cameras shows but Panasonic cameras seems to lack that feature. My GH4 lacks it too. Maybe it is a gimmick to show those things but it would still be nice to know what is the exposure camera uses.

I don't know about all modes but it does in 4k 24p and you can change them while recording as well. Good cam for $700

• @brianl

I ment all video exposure modes like aperture priority, shutter priority, program and manual.

• FZ1000 does not support that in High Frame Rate mode (100-120fps). It does only P mode, without showing exposure settings... (GH4 shows those numbers in all modes...)

• @jopereira

GH4 does NOT show exposure numbers in video A, S or P mode (mode dial in video mode). I dont care about HFR. Does FZ1000 show exposure numbers in video A, s or P mode (mode dial in video mode)?

• Panasonic's FZ1000 is a more versatile, feature laden camera, but also a bit more complicated as a result- both in the menu's and externally. I'd call it a jack of all trades but a master of video. If you don't value weather resistance or build quality as much, but want a camera with a more versatile lens range that does "proper" 4K video, then perhaps the FZ1000 is for you. Some prefer its tilt and twist LCD screen style more, others don't. Still image quality is very good, but the DR is a little tighter in the raw files so you have to be more careful with exposure. I'm splitting hairs a little here, just know that it's an amazing value but I think it does video better than stills when compared to the RX10.

http://photographic-central.blogspot.it/2015/11/sony-rx10-vs-panasonic-fz1000.html

• Has anyone used this with an odyssey or shogun? did you get 4K 422 out over HDMI OK, it sounds like we should in theory. Need to do some green screen work with one. Anyone done any nice green screen with it? Merci.

• Did you get 8 or 10 bit?

• Since Sony's the RX 10 III with it's 24-600 lens (F2.3-F4.0) I hope for for a nice (more affordable) Panasonic version. Any news on this?