Personal View site logo
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • I was thinking TrustMT too. But they only provide 3 flags. Why can't they just add an extra one??
  • I don't think the bottom flag is a big issue. I hardly ever use one. The lens is retracted in the matte box, and most direct light sources usually come from the top or side. If it ever becomes a problem, some blackwrap or photoblack should help....
  • Yes I think it would not be an issue for the rare occasion when you might have some light from below. Now what I would like would be some more feedback on both of them. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to get someone with both to compare. But thanks to Vitaliy we have these headache :-) If I am not mistaken the trumst one hood is in plastic and the cinematics all metal. But I am not sure. Now how much a one only rotating 180 degree filter affect the matte box experience for the cinematics?

The last thing, if someone can do little video, or written review would be nice, when they receive their matte box. The guy who did the video on the trusmt above sound so much like a sale brochure, it make me sick. When somebody start by telling that it will make your camera look!!!!!!!!!! more professional... I know that for many of us with the price of 4x4 filter that the matte box might be use as a glorified lens hood but with time you could get one buy one a set of filters and it would be nice to show how it would work as it should be.
  • >Now how much a one only rotating 180 degree filter affect the matte box experience for the cinematics?

It do not affect until you are using two polirazers or love graduated filters and constantrly adjust them.
  • @johnnydphan

Read first post. As I said, read very carefully :-)
  • Hello,

I can read, funny ;-)
    But I don't see a link to buy the mattebox ...

Tk
  • >But I don't see a link to buy the mattebox ...

This is better.

And why do you think you do not see the link?

Read this post again.
  • I want the trusmt matte box, I've already buy the FF V2 on ebay, it's very cool, simple to use.
    I can post some picture about the FF tomorow...
    Some one have a link for cheap and good 4x4 filters?

Tk
  • @titom666

We have it in TrusMT topic.
    You do not need to post this here.
  • Vitaliy,
    Do you know of a good "cheap" :) cage, base and rails to use with this matte box?
    As you can tell, I need it all.
  • @proaudio4

I hope that in coming weeks we'll have few more deals. :-)
    I'll also soon be trying Weifeng stuff.
  • where's a good cheap and good place to buy 4x4 filters? i usually always shoot at the lowest f-stop and use ND filters so i can open wide open. these matte box are very handy for dslr, since the nd filter option is not build in compared to the hvx200 that i own.
  • TrusMT makes cage size for gh2 ?
    already seen and read on website
  • @Proaudio4
    Check out the Shrigg Jig thread on this site. I'm a noob, but after looking at multiple $300-500 cages that comprise the 'low end', it looks like an amazing deal.
  • Hi Vitaliy
    I already have a matt box, can I purchase just the FF ?
    Thank you
  • >I already have a matt box, can I purchase just the FF ?

You can try using ebay if you need T2, as this deal is for MB+FF.
    But you can always sell your current MB :-)
  • Anyone bought the Cinematics and received confirmation that they got your order? Been 2 days and I haven't heard a peep from them....
  • I have bought the Cinematics too but I thought there will be no reply? Haven't got any kind of confirmation.
  • @marks
    @Psyco

Guys, be patient.
    They got your order, and will send order status soon.
    You must understand that they are not ebay seller.
  • Can the Panasonic LUMIX 20mm f/1.7 lens be used with the Cinematics Mattebox?
  • @danyyel
    >the rare occasion when you might have some light from below..

There is almost always some light from below. It's just whether you have time to fix it.
    There are times when we have to shoot fast (sports, news). A bottom flag may slow you down.
    There are shoots where you have the time to pull out all the stops and shoot well (eg advertising).
    To get really high-quality (read: anal), it's like this:
    If you can stand in front of the camera from just outside the shot frame and you can still see the lens, then the lens is getting stray light. Move the flag or try a polarising filter.
    The two-edged sword of flags: If the *front* of a french flag is getting light on it, then that light might be reflecting into the lens! Solutions: move the flag, lose it or add another. -or try a bellows-type mattebox. Or even try fitting bellows onto a Cokin P holder: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00YvxW
    (NB: older, uncoated lenses needed bellows when built. They still need them today)
    reflected_light.gif
    125 x 210 - 5K
    00YwhQ-373147584.JPG
    600 x 458 - 46K
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    As you said, it will just take some time:-)

To all the other, don't worry you will get a confirmation Email about the order.
  • @Roberto

Thats why the inside of the flags are covered with velvet - to prevent reflections from the flags itselfe.

(Thats another point why I choose the Cinematics, as it looks like the TrusMT don't have this feature. But on the other hand, its easy to add that yourselfe.)
  • @Psyco
    >Thats why the inside of the flags are covered with velvet

Yes, the Cinematics would be my choice for daily shooting too. (have you tested yours yet?)