Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • @stefanos

HTML :-) b tag :-)
    We'll move to Markdown soon, I think (like Stackoverflow). Will be simpler.
  • Thanks for that deal guys, just sent funds...I had the Genus mattebox pegged in my B&H Wishlist for purchase next week so timing was perfect....
  • I will donate to this site for having no freaking annoying banner. Also the site is full of goodies. It's growing fast into a full blown vdslr community. Yeah the community discount is awesome.
  • Want to buy this but need to confirm a few things.

Swingaway: Yes, but rails can get in the way if they are too long?
    Cannot adjust height - correct?
    For 15mm rails?
    Only 1 filter holder rotates.
  • >Swingaway: Yes, but rails can get in the way if they are too long?

It can touch rails, but it'll open ok.
    If you don't use bottom flag you can removge it's mount and it won't touch anything at all.

>Cannot adjust height - correct?

Yes. It is the same on any of such boxes except pricey shoot35 (but it requires to unscrew 3 bolts and amount of adjustment is small:-) ).
    Adjustable camera mount is used with such boxes.
    After you installed it's height all will be ok as center of the lens don't change :-)

>For 15mm rails?

:-) Yes. Not for 25mm.

>Only 1 filter holder rotates.

Yes. In 180 degrees range.
    Normally it is enough as rotation is for polarizers or graduate filters.
  • Meant to ask here, about how long will shipping take?
  • only problem I have with this Mattebox is because it doesn't have a raising mechanism probably some lens will have problems. I can think in the 35-100mm
  • @andycorleone
    >because it doesn't have a raising mechanism probably some lens will have problems

What do you mean?
    Just lower or raise camera support platform.

None of the matte boxes have "rising mechanism", some have small vertical adjustment.
  • TrusMT does not have vertical adjustment ? why in the video owner says the is?
  • >TrusMT does not have vertical adjustment ? why in the video owner says the is?

TrustMT has small vertical adjustment. Only D200MB2 has it.
    This is why it is interesting and why I arranged a deal especially for it.
  • I see from the photos there seems to be provision on the hood for a fourth French flag at the bottom. However I see no picture where such a flag is fitted. Where I live, we get as much stray light from below the lens as we do from above. (eg at seaside, 20% of light comes from sand or sea reflections).
    When shooting away from the sun, I want a bottom flag. Is it available as an option?
  • @Roberto
    It is included. Four flags are shipped with mattebox.
  • Vitaly,

TRUSMT MB, I'm with you. I want to get it as well.
    Should I PM you?
  • Vitaliy_Kiselev
    It is included. Four flags are shipped with mattebox.

it is cool )
  • Do they ship to US with free shipping?
  • >Do they ship to US with free shipping?

Yep.
  • VK
    How about carbon curtain? can be ordered with carbon curtain?
  • @Rerbreg
    Where did you get idea about carbon flags?
    Cinematics do not come with carbon flags (only CF version of TrusMT come with them, but we won't have deal for it).
    Also I do not like idea of carbon flags. As it is too easy to terminally damage them.
  • ok, I was talking about TrusMT.
  • TrusMT deal added to first post.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    maybe it would be useful for fence sitters, a list of pros and cons of both MBs.
  • Thanks Vitaliy for your great work!

Now I can't make up my mind, which one to choose, as they are nearly identical besides...

+ Cinematics has the U-shaped main part thats holds the mattebox onto the rails, which looks more sturdy and is easier to balance on a steadycam. That part is a better design over all.
    + Cinematics has this velvet inner side of the flags (not sure about TrusMT).

+ TrusMT has the better filter section. Both filters can be rotated for 360° together or independently.

As I tend to the Cinematics, how "bad" are the filterholders? Its hard to judge from the pictures - Vitaliy does it feel cheap or is there any major disadvantage to it?
  • >As I tend to the Cinematics, how "bad" are the filterholders? Its hard to judge from the pictures - Vitaliy does it feel cheap or is there any major disadvantage to it?

They are pretty ok. Perfectly usable.

• Went with the Cinematics. Awesome deal! Thanks!
  • Thanks Vitality for negotiating special deal for us.

From what I see so far is that Trusmt Mattbox D200MB2 has two 4x4 rotate filter tray ( Each filter tray can be rotated 360 degree which is the improvement compare to MB1 mattebox). For the price, I'd go for Trusmt mattebox as it packs more features than Cinematic mattebox.