Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @FernandoAndre Aside from the blowing leaf, I didn't notice anything problematic about the last take. Is that what you were referring to?

• @Sangye the problem is in the people walking, the legs got very blurred, like a problematic motion when you render with the wrong framerate. But I think in this footage I faded out too soon and became hard to notice.

• How do you get the patch to generate 177mbps videos as some people says? I'm using Sedna AQ1 and all the files are max 146mbps. Is it right?

• @FernandoAndre Yes, 146mbps is right. Any higher than that doesn't give any noticeable visual improvement.

• Thanks @Stray. I'm happy with this, just got confused because many people call this patch a "177mbps". Dont know why. :)

• Am I right in saying that Sedna AQ1 has 25p Intra like 24p?

• @Pato: Very nice job and look Pato. Very pro.

• Hi All!

Shot this using the Sedna B patch. Edited with Avid Media Composer. Graded with After Effects.

• Newb Question-

Using Sedna, which camera settings will give me best quality for Vimeo?

Cinema?

I'm in NTSC country.

There will be camera movement, i.e., slider.

Thanks-

RBD

• i shot this video inside a night club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia using driftwood sedna, iso 1600, standard -2-2-2-2, lens : rokkor 58mm f1.4

• @driftwood, what ever happened to the sunrise / set competition?

• The short experimental film I shot with the GH2 and Driftwood Mysteron settings has been made an official selection of the 13th annual FLICKERS: RI International Horror Film Festival (RIIHFF), October 25-28, 2012.

@driftwood, @Vitaliy_Kiselev: Thank you!

• Hi all, I couldt read some footage (1080p24 best quality CLUSTER v6 'DREWnet' )on the GH2 display... Is it normal? thx.

• &HillTop1 Gotta get round to doing a htm page for the comp

• Cluster v6 nebular is a Superb reliability setting

• @RBD As far as shooting mode - the best resolution and compression is achieved by shooting in 24H mode, whether you are in Cinema or VMM mode. 80% VMM mode gives you 30 FPS at the highest detail a given hacked setting can offer (but with no sound and played back at 24 fps for a slight slow-mo result), while Cinema gives you 24 FPS at the highest detail, with sound and played back in real-time. 80% mode is also very demanding and may not work with as many cards and settings as 24H Cinema.

HBR, FSH and SH (1080 30P in a 60i wrapper, 1080 60i and 720 60P respectively). Some people prefer to shoot high motion footage at 60 fields or frames per second or higher - normally I only do so for handheld footage I plan on stabilizing or in the case of slow-motion.

As far as your Picture/Color/Film Mode: Standard is the default, and Smooth is usually used if a greater dynamic range is required. Those that prefer a lot of saturation can use Vibrant - it has less dynamic range than the other two.

A lot of people customize their shooting settings by starting with -2, -2, -2, -2 (for contrast, sharpness, saturation, noise reduction) and then increasing parameters if they need more in any of these areas. General practice is to increase contrast and/or saturation if you either are shooting a low contrast/low saturation subject or if you don't plan on doing much color work in post. Sharpness can be customized to taste - I can't remember the last time I wanted my footage settings to look sharper for anything other than testing, though. :)

• Thanks, Per-

No one answered so I PM'd Nick.

And shot in Cinema.

BTW, I went to UC Santa Barbara.

Albeit many years ago.

I had a bunch of classmates from Pasadena, and have always considered it the class of L.A.

RBD

• @RBD Such a small world. :) My youngest brother just started at UCSB and I lived in SB for the majority of 1989-2002 (a few years abroad along the way).

• Second thoughts.

Entry deleted.

RBD

• MYSTERON GRAPHIC LANGUAGE Sorry.

• Hey guys, I've been looking around the forum for awhile, cant seem to fine a solution for this. I've been using Cluster v6 "Nebular" and I keep having freezes at 720p but everything else is fine. Iam using Sandisk 16GB 95mb/s.

Actually it was fine when I just load the hack. But after awhile when I turn my camera back on, it freezes when doing 720p.

Any of you guys also experience this.

• First thing to check u r using the right firmware and latest version of ptools.

• @driftwood...Amen. I just got my first GH2 last month, big thanks to all you guys. It's an amazing tool, especially with the patches. Im using V6 Nebular and I love it. Wish I can show you guys what I shot but I'm on an older iMac (07) and the playback is horrendous. The good news is the SD extreme pro 32GB card is flawless. Wish I can say the same for the Mac, picking up my new system this week so soon I'll have footage to share. Thanks again and the donation here was worth very penny.