Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • To me it looks like we all just got a really good basis to improve upon once the GH3 gets in the hands of VK. Right off the bat I can see the new and improved stock features will help in many ways. What more can we ask for at this price point.

• No1 outside of EU is allowed to bitch about the GH3 price $1300 it is a steal :) UK price is equivalent to $2500 so you should b grateful for that.

• BMC camera is unusable on handheld stuff, GH3 is ( if we reffer to the released video ), if i had to go with RAW, i will put my money on the Digital Bolex, wich had CCD and a very similar crop factor than the GH3 ( 2.4 x ), plus it have MFT lens mount. .... I would have already bought it.. If it was released... Doh!

• Yeah... not sure about the GH3 anymore. I don't think the highlights are any more protected than with the GH2 based on the cat video. Maybe I'm just seeing things... but I I'm just not sensing the panasonic mojo that I loved in the GH1 / GH2. They simply have a distinctive feel from every other Sony / Canon and Nikon DSLR... something indescribable that isn't in this latest GH3 footage I'm seeing. It's a combination of softness and smoother motion rendering and an ever so slight change in color pallet that is just throwing me off here, but based just on the latest footage, I much prefer GH2 material for now.

Hopefully I just need to see the right kind of footage, a good slap in the face to show me what this camera can really do. Can't wait to see it in the hands of some indie guys around here and on vimeo and leave it to them to work their magic.

• Guy's not that I'm saying the GH3 is not a great cam, but I'm sticking with my lovely Hacked GH2 It offers the same quality if not better, love that camera Here is a Raw video sample of the GH3.. judge for yourself.

• @L1N3ARX You are definitely right it missing that GH2 IT factor, let's wait and see other footage & what V.K comes up with.

• We can't judge on this video, although, pampuri is an experimented shooter, he did a free run with the cam and didn't try to get the best of it. It was also a prototype and he didn't use any of the new in cam-pictures profile, like the "wide Dynamic range" .... he just push the rec button, that's what he said himself.

• People complaints about aspect sensor, softness, price, codec. I really love the camera, i don't think there's another camera with this specs at this price range. I'm looking for the Sony A99 but the GH3 make me doubt about the Sony.

My only complaint is not operational is the look of the camera, the Lumix GH3 is ugly as hell ;)

• Definitely ugly on the outside! Here is a 'hands on', although I think he has a few facts wrong, worth a watch:

• @xeonogears I agree :) The gradiation/skintones/dynamic range/low light in the Genesis download look excellent to me, it is not even vaguely soft and that was very old cam version dont forget, an I wouldn't judge ANY camera with a run n gun cat video. As for the oversized sensor goes, im sure I can live with 0.2xx extra crop.

• Hi to all,

I have finished the video from the GH3 press conference. It lasts for 47 minutes and is 2.55 GB large. I can not upload it to youtube (stops after 10 % for no obvious reason) or Vimeo (only up to 500 MB allowed).

Any solution? Somebofy offered FTP webspace. Well, maybe yes?

Let me know. I have look in the morning.

Thanks

Dieter

• I mean, features are great, but I just can't see trading in a camera for one that has LESS resolution. Ultimately I upgraded the GH2 from GH1 because it just seemed to pull slightly--and I mean slightly--more detail out of the scene. Could be the real upgrade is BMCC, I'd rather have 2K, but it could still be we haven't seen the real potential. Bring on the early adopters!

• @kellar2: In the beginnin of the video, you can see Igor and me on the far left side. After this guy, we had the GH3 in our hands. This clip was filmed this the Canon 300 I think.

• Transcode for youtube to an mp4 derivative. Maybe Dropbox share it as a public downloadable or from a file sharing site. Or as vk says :-)

• Yes would be nice to get a lower rez even 720 vimeo version because it is only a presentation/press conference. Some might prefer the 2.5 gig version but it would be too big for me.

• @ Vitaliy Kiselev OK, I try it now. Trying since a few minutes. Still 0% and giving funny rest time information. We will see how it works

@ driftwood. It is an .mp4 file.

• @danyyyel

it is a 720p version. But vikmeo is only up to 500 MB But it is 47 minutes.

• Igor made spec comparison table, I am slowly transferring it to wiki here -
    http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/gh2-vs-g5-vs-gh3

• Dropbox has a limit of 2GB as a free account

• @aked http://wetransfer.com is good for transferring files up to 2gb, if you can split it into two chunks, you don't need an account for up to 2gb

Update: I just read your post about Dropbox, seems 2gb is the limit on the free services?

Sendspace seems to have 300mb limit unless you pay for a pro account

• Wow, don't remember to ever have graded something so nice n easy out of my hacked gh2. Pretty impressed since I just wondered how the compressed mov would hold up.

MinorHDgrade.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

What's this "Orientation sensor - Yes, 3 axis accelerometer" ? Does this mean GH3 has in-camera stabilization?

• @Ralph_B

No, it means exactly that is written - it is used for electronic level and automatic photos orientation.

• @MinorHD Wow. impressive grade.

@VK do you think the 80% is the 120fps? Did they really leave that out when it is on the LX7?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions