Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • Why are you thinking that promo was shot with GH3?

Remember Nokia fail last week :)

• @bannedindv That is a good euphemism, I will have to remember to call other things"bold" when they do not fit. :)

Man, the music is just so laughably inappropriate. Every muscian I played for so far has given me a weird look until I muted it. But I guess at least it is free advertising for the vocal processing preset they used make it? :)

@RyanPW Good one. :)

• Panny's marketing team must be pretty short handed if they got their intern to pull off their big release video ;-)

Still gets me amped for more news at photokina!

• Music Sounds like Laurie Anderson...bold choice to go so artsy.

I like the title cards.

I am curious about what we have in terms of the rumored greater than 60fps speeds...

• They better announce the camera today. suspense is killing me

• I don't want "Flat profiles" I want real DR. Reality is, though, it's likely not to be above 11, if even at 11.

Kinda painful, but at least knowing that the GH3 will be available to purchase probably before the Magic Cam's even truly shipping (not three or four units) is beginning to make the GH3 sound like the next and only purchase, along with Hyperdeck Shuttle.

• The video is not very reassuring in terms of DR. Starting with the shot in the Canyon facing up into the sky with the blown out clouds that does not look nice at all. The sensor Dr could be good like with the HDR photos in India, but hopefully they will get us some flat profile for the video side. This is just speculation and we will have to wait a little bit more for proper test.

• dont wait for the same battery. not even close lol

• Wait, what's this? Subliminal messaging in the song? It does sound a bit like:

"10-bit, 10-bit, 4-2-2, XLR and how are you?"

• i just hope I can use the same batteries as I have so many of them for my GH2.

• Grip side is wider, meaning bigger battery? Oh well.... good for better capacity but new battery again?

jbnWZvuLno9t0o.jpg
    900 x 698 - 120K
  • Where is the best online site to pre-order things like this? And... @Vitaliy_Kiselev - Are you intending to collect funds to purchase a gh3 body(s) for research? Nice looing camera.

• the video is more a make off, behind the scene or something.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I don't think anyone got fired for the Panasonic leak video. I think it was deliberate from them. Since Monday or Tuesday it has been known that Pana and Olympus would publicly unveil their new product at Photokina. After the Sony and then Nikon announcement the last few days. They surely thought that it was like a window to put the limelight onto the gh3 after those big announcement and before other ones.

In fact I think the Panasonic marketing is just dumb, they should have announced the gh3 at least one week ago. Nikon and Canon always announce there camera at least one to two week before any big shows. In this way, you face much less media competition, more so that the gh3 will be Pana new flagship. Imagine if it was the blackmagic camera that was launched next Monday. How much attention the gh3 would have got. That is why I think they got a little bit in panic mode with this video leak. I am sure if else, we still would have got some more subtle blurry spy shots on some Asian forum, compared to this promotional video on there own youtube channel ;-)

• Thanks guys for the sarcastic jokes about the music. They put a smile on my face and are helping me start the day in a good mood. :)

I think the real question is what the video would have been like if it actually had, had good music, let alone music that was appropriate to the material. Of course, not a knock on the person that made it: almost every composer we really enjoy has made music that did not seem very enjoyable.

And honestly, maybe the music could be appropriate to something? I guess it is good that we all know this is not it.

ANyway, like I said, thanks everyone for the humor - you helped me start the day on a fun note. :)

• Where is the stereo microphone?

• Why did they put all of the pictures in there with black borders all the way around. It makes it look like someone framed it for 4:3 and then went "Oh wait we have to add this into 16:9 video". I guess some publicity is always better than no publicity. However, this video screams of the time when they got someone completely unfamiliar with Panasonic m4/3s cameras to shoot the Olympic Ad campaign.

• Lol´s dont analyse video about performance of camera in youtube, it is of no use its funny though.

• Highlight rolloff in that canyon still shot looks good, too. Maybe a bit nicer than the om-d, but there is of course no information on how the shot was handled in post.

Oh dear.. I can´t believe I´m analyzing this vid.

• The blown out highlights didn't look so nice inside the train.

Love the music but New Order's 'Bizarre Love Triangle. would have been more appropriate :-)

• I dont think we see the final cut of it, but the promo is grate. Its very Japanese, as the music is refined, technologicaly advance and playfull. Fits perfectly the video. By showing the pros shooting content, and showing its versatility, GH3 will stablished indeed as the best mirrorless system available for now. Im pretty shure about it. I dont think any OMD series, not even canon or nikon competing here with GH3.

What i get from this video is that is a mature product, finally available. The problem was that by being first in line you have to handle what you cant predict, so after 4 years its here to use it for what it was intended to be at first. A versatile compact system camera.

If it finaly makes up to the "specs", true to what the rumors says, then this will be a massive change in market for several reasons.

-Native Lenses line is very good, perfect for PRO series like to emerge with mature product as it is. -Nikon D4, even if its full frame, still is 16mpx, so... only IF, dynamic range and iso performance is what we expect, then taking pictures will be really good for pro aquisition, as any lens fits the camera. -Video wise is a no brainer for what we know is capable of doing, it cant be worse hardware than GH2, no what panasonic has show us in GH series in time. -The light weight in the system istelf is really amazing, compared to typical DSLR line, and if now GH3 give almost same performance, then is a very compeling pro camera. -Body is almost what we all wished for between DSLR t2i like and GH1. So weight and feel also improved by ergonomics i see on pictures.

So, I spect good solid and calm marketing from panasonic on GH3 line. Its no GF, GX, LX, line any more. Its mature and must be taken little bit away from its little broders and sisters its what i think.

Time code, All i frame, XLR accesorie, beter DR, matured body, and solid line up. Pretty darmn good for a small camera.

• Those evening / night time stills from india look stunning. (hdr?)

• The DR is the key here for me, hope its a significant improvement over the gh2/gh1

• looks like they took our wishlist and made the camera with it.

• Panasonic Engineers are the best. Panasonic Marketing and Distribution are the worst. :-) Better than the other way around. I'm expecting even more surprises on the hardware side.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions