Personal View site logo
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @Shon Im downloading your mts file. Also what sd card you using?

• mozes Ок. http://www.onlinedisk.ru/file/936496/ "smooth" (-2, -2,0,-2) Sharpness undervalued to hide these artifacts, add in your video player sharpness. If necessary, I can make a video tomorrow with normal sharpness, and against the high (+2). For now examine this file.

• @shon it is also to see in the raw camera mts file?

• Lanz1 I think that it is because of the new matrix in a patch "Sanity 5" does not, so far, only the checked.

Only in Apocalypse Now have this problem, all versions, (drewnet soft matrix, sharp, Nebula soft matrix, sharp, Valkyrie TYPE-ZERO). In Driftwood Series 6 do not exist, in SANITY 5 also does not. Just as it is not in the official firmware. Just checked. Each "gop" frame is in small cubes, it is clearly seen in the vertical and horizontal lines.

• @Shon what you see every 15 frames it's the beginning of a new GOP (group of pictures). I've seen this on every interframe codec, more or less: with some patches and some settings is unnoticeable.

You could avoid this using an intraframe patch, but we have them only for 1080. Try using a patch with a shorter 720 GOP structure, it worked good for me. The forthcoming IntraVenus Apocalypse Now will have intra for 1080 and a short GOP for 720, can't wait for that!

• Hello) Tell me please, what it can be.

Used Cluster v7 - Apocalypse Now 12/15 GOP Sharp Matrix. Every 15 frames image is diced. Allocated a place where to be seen, and then slowed to four times. video - 720p, 59.940 fps. Sorry for my English.

• BlueBomberTurbo was right! Sometimes patches needs to be applied 2 times. Dont know why but the first time it went back to stock. Thanks guys

• @schprox When you did the hack, you did click on one of the letter tabs on the bottom (The one highlighted)...Didn't you?

I usually click on it twice just to make sure.

• @schprox I would guess you are getting 24 Mbps max because you may still have the stock/standard firmware. That's the max that the camera comes with from Panasonic. Perhaps when applying the patch/setting, it's just not being taken by the camera, so you're left with the original stock firmware. I'm a bit new to this too, so I could be wrong, so hopefully some of our more experienced guys can chime in. In the meantime I'd review the personal-view.com/faqs to make sure you're prepping your patch/setting correctly.

• @silvertonex24 wow man I loved that! Great job!

• Just started with 'Apocalypse Now' DREWnet 444 sharp, Canon FD mount lenses and the lumix 14 to 45 mm. Cheap PNY 32gb, Class10, 35mb no problems. ZERO. I think I bought the card for 30 bucks or so..... Bitrates are considerably lower than anything I have used in the past. But the quality is certainly there. The Wizards continually out do themselves. Thanks gentlemen. I will post results as I wait for lower light here in the Bay Area. Hey, @onionbrain where you been?

• @schprox Try applying the hack again. I had an issue where I installed a hack, but for some reason, it didn't remove the time limit. 2nd time worked. Also, make sure it's not getting blended in with any other hacks in Ptool when creating the firmware.

• @ onionbrain Thanks! It was always set to AWB. It was pretty easy to CC it the way I wanted, either taking out the tungsten or adding to it.

• I am loving the 'Apocalypse Now' patch. Can't wait for the Cinema Smooth version.

• @BlueBomberTurbo
    yes i on movie 24h...mediainfo tells me ax 24mb sec?? All videos in 24h are at 24mbsec and the 720p stuff is at 18mb... I need help!! thanks

• @schprox Are you using 24P Cinema Mode set to 24H?

• hey Guys Is that normal that i get a max bitrate of 24mb with the 6gob nebula??? It seems low... I'm i doing something wrong?

• @silvertonesx24 Nice job on that. What was your white balance setting?

• AN444 Nebular Sharp at Night. Zeiss 50mm 1.4 and Schneider Anamorphic. Most shots between f/2-4, ISO 160-640.

• thebmillz-> I've been using sandisk cl10 30mb cards for a long time now without ANY problems [using mostly Nick's intra patches in 24p/50p (with FD glass for the most part)]

• @bkmcwd : thank you for your reply. After reading your whole thread, i must say that i enjoy your work on the hack as much as your politeness and patience with the people who use your hack.

@peternap: Thanks for your reply. Its almost the same for me, i really need to look very long to see a difference. And then i am not sure i would spot it if i did not know it. I definitely lack technical experience there, although i worked in the tv and filmproduction for some time (there we always had professional editors or cameramen though, so i did not have to worry about technical details, just about aesthetic preferences :P)

I did not have any motion issues with cluster 6, also i liked flow motion 2.02 really a lot. Now i am trying cluster v7 nebula and bkmcwd's gop 3 patch and will also compare that with flow motion.

• @exilenorth Not a bad question. I didn't know what I was using. I looked and it appears to be 3.65. I didn't even know there was a 3.66.

@thebmillz In theory, in theory, DREWnet will work with these cards. I don't actually know as I don't actually have them. The main thing you need to know is that if you want the card that works with ALL settings -- then you need the 64gig version of the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MBps SDXC card (and NOT the 32 gig version with the same name). Only the 64 gig version uses a file structure that handles the big stuff -- like the 150 Mbps intraframe settings from Driftwood.

• @thebmillz I use a cheapo 32gb scandisk class 10 and have no issues!

• Thanks Nick for going to the hard work for this test. Put it up against CM Night and liked the way the noise is rendered in this one much better. Appreciate all you've done for the GH2 community

• Sorry for the newb question. But, will I be able to use a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 / 45MB/s (SDSDX-032G-X46) card with this?

Or do I need to finally invest in this guy: SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB SDHC Class 10 / 95MB/s SDSDXPA-032G-X46

I ask because I'm about to purchase another card.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions