Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • drum roll...

• @hi1130

"About what time does Valkyrie become?"

I am not sure... Since I have promised releasing "Valkyrie" after the release of "Apocalypse Now" as Nick, I cannot open to the public yet.

"Valkyries" of the version to which the first matrices of Chris are applied as they are are in a state releasable at any time. :-)

• @bkmcwd About what time does Valkyrie become?

• @YOSS Welcome! :-)

"I'll be flying the GH2 on a Steadicam over a cemetery, day time. Wide shots."

If it is the situation, I choose GOP3ZILLA. Although based on liking, of course, I think that GOP3ZILLA focused on a feeling of resolving is suitable if shooting in the nature, daytime. If you have time to test in advance in a nearby park etc., you compare V2 with the latest V3_BETA. I think that I designed so that V3 can use the bit rate higher than V2, but I have not done still sufficient verification.

• thanks @bkmcwd ... I'll be flying the GH2 on a Steadicam over a cemetery, day time. Wide shots. Should I try golgop3 or gop3zilla? what's the difference? (50i pal)

• I also release "GOP3ZILLA_Standard_V3_BETA1" setting. The GOP table of 1080i is changed also in this setting. Please compare with GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2. It is the same as V2 except 1080i and HBR.

Supposing it works well, I will be going to use this GOP table also in Valkyrie. :-)

I am very sorry! First zip file is wrong. Second is right one.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V3_BETA.zip
    868B
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V3_BETA_24p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 187K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V3_BETA_HBR30p_ISO800_room_sp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 193K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V3_BETA_24p_ISO160_park_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 181K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V3_BETA_HBR30p_ISO160_park_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 186K
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V3_BETA1.zip
    870B
  • @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

I release the experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA3" setting.

I think that 1080i and HBR of this setting are improved rather than BETA2. And I also improved 24p slightly according to 1080i. Supposing this GOP table pattern of 1080i works well, I will be going to apply to all my settings.

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate is about 90M in 24p.)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA3.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B3_24p_ISO160_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 174K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B3_HBR30p_ISO160_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 182K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B3_24p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 635 - 179K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B3_HBR30p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 631 - 186K
  • Hi @YOSS

"Which of your settings do you recommend me for 50i?"

GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2 or GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_BETA7f is my recommendation although based also on the conditions to shoot or the object. :-)

• Hi @bkmcwd : I have a 50i steadycam shot next week. Which of your settings do you recommend me for 50i?

Furthermore, I release the experimental version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7f" before "Valkyrie" again.

This is changed from "BETA7e" in HBR and 60i/50i modes. Although the GOP tables were only changed, I think that this BETA7f can maintain the higher bit rate rather than BETA7e.

Since I think these days that stock Deblocking tables are better than custom "high value tables" for high bitrate settings, I improved BETA7e fundamentally. Of course, 24p, 720/60p and 50p are completely the same as BETA7e.

Please try it!

Please DL original files from vimeo site to look the REAL IQ.

*If an extension of original file is changed into "mts" from "vid", it can be made to read also into StreamParser.

*These videos are only samples for image quality.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7f.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_HBR30p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 200K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 189K
  • @har_k

"I think the BETA7e with stock Deblocking tables is better than BETA7d with custom."

Yea, I think so too. :-)

I think these days that stock Deblocking tables are better than custom "high value tables" for high bitrate settings.

• @bkmcwd

Yes.  Since your settings can use low qp and high frame size compared to unhacked settings, I think the BETA7e with stock Deblocking tables is better than BETA7d with custom.

• @har_k Thanks always for using my settings! :-) After all, is the BETA7e with stock Deblocking tables better than BETA7d with custom?

• @bkmcwd

I used "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7e" 24H mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX X PZ45-175mm

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (90MB/s) 64GB

• @moco6x Many thanks for using GOP3ZILLA and beautiful footages! :-)

• @bkmcwd, thanks for your superb settings!! I used GOP3ZILLA_Standard_V2

Thanks for your hard work!

Again, before the release of "Valkyrie", I release the experimental version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7e".

This is improved from "BETA7c". "BETA7e" is better than "BETA7c" in HBR and 720/60p modes, I think.

However, I am not sure which is better this "BETA7e" or previous "BETA7d". The main changed parts are Deblocking tables. It is the difference between the stock or the custom-made table. In addition, in FH and H mode, it also can use with the somewhat low bit rate in this "BETA7e".

Please try it!

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7e.zip
  • @shirap Thanks always for your good sample footages! I love your works. :-)

Before the release of "Valkyrie", I release the experimental version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7d".

I am not sure which is better this "BETA7d" or latest "BETA7e". The main changed parts are Deblocking tables. It is the difference between the stock or the custom-made table. In addition, in FH and H mode, it can use with the somewhat low bit rate.

Please try it!

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7d.zip
  • GH2 hack:GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA7c KIPON adapter + samyang35mm F1.4 golliragrain etc My newest film http://poetryfilm.wordpress.com/

• @hi1130

Many thanks! :-)

I think these days that a stock matrix is also not bad. Therefore, I am looking forward to comparison by everybody.

• I think so too! GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2 is best setting now. I'll compare Valkyrie and GOP3ZILLA.

• @hi1130

Thank you for expecting! :-) BTW, among my Japanese friends, the talk "GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/73547#Comment_73547 realizes the positively highest image quality in most 3GOP settings (24p)" is prosperous now. How do you feel? I am looking forward to hearing the result with which everyone compared Valkyrie and GOP3ZILLA.

• We are waiting new setting ! Always thanks

• New "Valkyrie" settings are likely to be releasable at the first week in August, I think. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters