Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @strancali the beginning shot was the nokton 25mm and anything steadycam was the 14-140! For stabilizing we used the glidecam 4000

• @jhero what lens did you use for the beginning shot and around 0:10? Also curious which stabilizer you used :)

• Thanks! It was cluster v6 IIRC before any name but I've since gone up to Nebular. Slow motion indeed, 720p, and shutter above 125 for a couple shots. For colour I just crushed the shadows a bit and added some contrast for a summer poppy feel

• @jhero beautiful color, what method did you employ with those low bike shots?

• @jhero , great footage, super quality, amazing !!! Was it Drewnet v6 ? Slow motion, what did you use ?

• @jhero That was lovely.

• Thanks!! Used smooth on both cameras and a combination of a zeiss 50mm, voigt 25mm, 14-140mm stock lens (there may have been a shot with olympus 50mm or fd 50mm, don't remember)

• @jhero great looking footage!!what in camera settings & lenses were used?

• @A_Boy_Named_Soo @juliendu24 @jhero Terrific examples and excellent cinematography all round :-) Well done.

• Used Mysteron 'Burst', Cinema mode -2,-2,0,-2, no colour correcting. Music by Miike Snow - Paddling Out

Voigtlander 25mm Nokton 0.95f - Sandisk 64g/95. Make sure you turn on HD.

• Made with Cluster V6 (first version) - Enjoy!

• Test patch Driftwood VY Canis Majoris 'Day PM' . Mode smooth all -2 . No color grading . Directed by Julien Verly ( http://www.julienverly.fr ) Music composed by Hecoures ''Eveilles'' ( http://www.hecoures.be/ )

TECHNICAL: sony vegas 11, Manfrotto-525mvb+501HDV, tokina 11-16mm, heliopan ND 4x, Glidetrack 1m, transcend 32go,sony clm-v55 .

• @Quinnthouzand wow! Big krit! Thats pretty awesome, i'm a fan of his. How'd you get the gig? Always curious to how people land these sorta gigs

• Here is the finished result, of the stuff I showed a little before .. shot on Crossfire greenscreen settings.

For me it's just proof of concept .. I did it several ways with several bits of software. In the end .. rough cut in Media Composer .. then straight to AE (in 10bit codec .. albeit 36Mbits on this occasion). Rendered out and uploaded as H.264 mov at 17Mbits.

If nothing else, I have proven it can be done .. there are a few masks on which I forgot to blend the edges .. as stated proof of concept/workflow

• @Nameless Funny man. Love it. Excellent tones. :-)

@Quinnthouzand Mean vid! Lookin' real good. Both cams grade well together by the looks of things - tell us a bit more about the experience in post. Mysteron Burst is pretty awesome. I still use it a lot.

• @Quinnthouzand Aye!!! Just seen this on MTV!!

• I shot all the anamorphic handheld shots in this video using Mysteron Burst. I shot the rest with the RedMX Dinosaur. I used B&W smooth for everything but the CU speaker shot which was vibrant, all at 0.

• Big thanks to @Driftwood once again for his amazing hard work and settings. This was shot on CM Night for the Film4 #SceneStealers competition - An alternative look at Slumdog Millionaire:

@driftwood you are the man!

• Just another sunset in Finland. Maby this one is under exposed, or too mutch to my lens, but there start to ocour some nasty noise. Anyway i wanted to share this moment to all of you.

Olympus 45 VK hack CM night from Driftwood

• @APXmusic So go out there and shoot some sunset or surise, and share it here to all of us. Pleas read Driftwoods rules. But anyway i have enyjoied every shoot that is uploaded. Really great stuff from everyone.

• @otcx I am excited. I want to try to do something for the contest too!

• Actually i like idea of this Driftwoods contest. He kick our ass to go out and shoot something real.

• @Jakartaguy

Yes you can use only one settings. If you want to try another you have to save another bin file in Ptools and flash that in to your cam. Just try them and judge yourself what your like. But remember you need fast sd card for many of these settings, otherwise you get card speed errors, or card write erorrs. But do not worry, you can allways go back to orginal.

• @APX - again thanks for your time. I actually spent a lot of time reading all of the background materials but I think the part that slipped was that I should ONLY CHOOSE ONE green choice. For example, right now in my Ptool I have the following options: Cluster V6 DrewNet Cluster V6 6 Nebular GX1 Cluster Gala Xian What I did is I clicked them ALL and thought that I would have options appear in my UI. So I guess by clicking on them all the last one I clicked would cancel out the previous one (etc)?

So am I right to say that every time I want to choose a new setting (Nebular vs DrewNet vs Gala Xian) I have to use the Ptool? Also I have been reading about a lot of other settings like Canis Night Hack, Senda, etc, is there a repository for these? I have conducted search but no luck.