Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • ... the only thing I do not like about V5.1 ist the fact that it builds up its grains in line like patterns. How did that come?

• How does Cluster v5.1 24pH Etc Mode perform under the different picture profiles of the GH2?

• Cluster v4. 24p 1600-2500iso in a dark club olympus 45mm f1.8 smooth profile

• Good testing @Zaven13, although I'd like to see any comparative tests of the v3 versus v5/5.1 if you would? Thanks again and its nice to see you combining your fav settings into one. Well done.

• Testing the Sanity-Sedna Matrix A Q20 patch it works great on the 64GB 45mb/s cards

• @driftwood. I just did a quick test of Cluster v5.1 with Panasonic 14-140mm AFC, OIS using Sandisk Extreme pro 64GB 95mbs. All modes worked fine with the exception of 720p60 SH write error in high detail. Image quality is very good specially in 24p mode. FSH/HBR with bitrates of 30+, SH around 50+ and H around 30+. However, I like Cluster v3 with Sedna matrix (all 6GOP) much better because not only it has been very reliable in all modes (some write errors in SH in high detail), it has more detail and better quality with higher bitrates. 24p is pretty much the same for both but Cluster v3 FSH/HBR has bitrates of 50+, SH 50+ and H 40+. In addition, Cluster v3 does show higher frame rates for I and P frames in Streamparser specially I frames. So far, among all Clusters I have tested, my vote goes to Cluster v3 with Sedna 6GOP, Thanks again Nick for various options.

Edit - One of the other aspects of my tests is long zoom and ETC mode. I have been testing various settings using Panasonic 100-300mm lens with or without ETC zooming to 300mm. Some settings hold better detail than the others. Cluster v3 6GOP with Sedna matrix has been delivering good quality in those long zooms with ETC on especially in 720p mode compare to some of the other settings. My Sanity-Sedna A Q20 hybrid setting is another one delivering good detail in long zooms with ETC.

• man,i haven't even tested enough the simple v5,now with sedna...so many flavors, hard to choose that eye candy; )

• Just tested your v5.1 'Globular' With Sedna I Frames matrix on my shrubbery of death with a pany 14-140. Rock solid, especially in 720SH where I shoot 100% of the time, and clips look great!

• MJPEG is 30 fps. In my opinion 30 fps is not cinematic

• I tested Cluster v5 and loved how good mjpeg is in cinematic motion. Exatly something what I need, when I shoot documentary. One question: Is there any changes to get this in pal framerate, or 24?

• It was when I zoomed in on the deepest blue in the bay with all those waves that the previous version of v5 globular locked up the camera FYI.

• Nick, you are pushing the envelope so much I am afraid unless Panasonic hires you and Vitaliy the GH3 might not be as capable.

• In an attempt to give Cluster v5 more bite, I am releasing this test version of 'Globular' with the Sedna matrix on 24p, and Sedna I frames on HBR/1080i and 720p modes. Test away Cluster people and report back. It does pass death charts and rigourous shaking of bushes, and waterflows, etc...

If people like I'll stick it up on the front page of this thread.

Driftwood Cluster v5.1 'Globular' with Sedna matrix TEST - seta.zip
    Cluster v5.1 with Sedna - HBR30p test 14-140 Panny lens at 70mm.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Cluster v5.1 with Sedna - 24p test 14-140 Panny lens at 70mm.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Cluster v5.1 with Sedna - 720p60 test 14-140 Panny lens set at 70mm.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @driftwood Thanks always, Nick! Of course, you can also do. :-)

• @bkmcwd Use any of my settings & add to your stuff. No worries.

• here is the video from GF2,

• @driftwood Thanks for excellent explanation, mate! :-)

I am working on optimizing SednaAQ1C to 3GOP now. Especially I am concentrated on the work which modifies SednaAQ1C according to 3GOP of FSH and HBR. Personally, although I think "60p is satisfactory with 6GOP", since the limit of the bit rate is low, I have adopted 9GOP recently for as large I frame use as possible. Of course, I think that longer GOP is also rational.

• Hi. @Driftwood. Yes Nick, i'm using only HBR 25p and FSH 50i. Shutter speed 1/50. ND Fader. Cluster 3. Sandisk 30Mb/s & 45Mb/s. Thanks

• My tests of the latest v5. Please download to see the real quality, Vimeo is getting softer I think. Amazing patch! It DID lock up in a very specific situation with the very fastest card--pointed at complex waves in a bay the patch interpreted as really intense blue both in standard and vibrant -2 all the way. Could NOT get smooth -2 to fail w same shot. These are handheld test shots w 100-300mm lumix mostly not intended to be a demonstration of cinematic camera skills or lack thereof.

• @herbycamer Thanks for the PAL testing pal. Can you be a little bit more clearer. Are you talking 24p freezing past 2 mins or HBR/720p or ALL rec modes with Panny lenses? I'll do a comparison test of Cluster 3 v 5 on HBR/FSH PAL tomoz. Also confirm you had this problem on correct shutter ratios (25/50/100 etc... and not 30, 60, 120 etc... Good stuff, let me know.

Also messing with some new matrices for Cluster v5. Mission to pull back smooth chrominance and give it more bite.

• Hello guys @driftwood. Thanks for your perpetual news settings Nick. Cluster 3 is a good HBR and FSH Pal setting, very stable. Took a quick test with Cluster5, but motion of this long gop seems too much like Stock setting motion to me. In PAL mode, it seems that Pany 14-140 freeze cam with every cluster setting (flow motion too, you know) on demanding detailed wide scene and fast motion. Always past 2min of recording... There is no problem with manual lenses.

• @rajamalik thanks for the input!

• If anyone wants to watch this and let me know what improvements i could make that'd be awesome.

Shot at 720p with Cluster v4 12/15 GOP settings. All edited it Premiere Pro 5.5 Any slow motion is at 36%.

Also, color correcting this was a real headache. Things seem to jump around at points...any suggestions? I used the Incandescent white balance setting with the vibrant film mode at -2 -1 -1 0. All other settings were auto and exposure mode was on P. Ive watched the color correcting entire lesson on lynda.com so no one has to completely dumb it down for me. haha=]

If anyone has any suggestions for any of the above that'd be great.

• ok. I will test spaning again tomorrow both 25p and 50p. I will make sure shutter is 100

• @MartinD If its something that has a problem I like to see it untouched and also dropboxed to me. Thanks mate.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions