Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • Work in progress, a short i'm making for school. This my first short and this is the first half of it. Second part i'm shooting this weekend (:

password 'kask'

• @peternap That's the one i had issues with 720p on 95mbs san disk as well. why not try Mysteron? it think the 720p is very good!

• Oh...Sedna AQ1

• I was shooting Broll at one of the rivers today. 28mm Nikkor, good light, 720P-60 64Gig, 95mbs Sandisk...all went well until I started shooting ripples. Three card speed lockups in a row.

I love this patch but can't have the lockups in 720P. Back to Cluster.

• @ouzel. Wow interesting subject! Inspiring man..haven't read the book...yet. Good work.

• I use all manual - focus, F, A, only stabilizing was turn on. I have 20mm also, but it was useless in that moment. Will test again with canon FD primes, thaks for suggestions.

• @archilatrik That video was excellent! Thanks for sharing.

• @JohnyDoe search for cake 2.2 or sanity 5 settings on this forum ...

• @johnydoe driftwood settings are I -frame and high bitrates; that's what he is interested in (especially 24p) and what this series is fir. What you are asking for, others have made. Do a search for gop3 (or just checked the topics) and you'll find the settings that are right for you. Salud!

• Here is a story I did for the BBC. This mini doc is a mix of Mysteron in HBR mode 30p, my HVX 200 and some old low res footage from the author of the book. I used a Sandisk 64 gig 95 card. I worked great. The Mysteron shots are the cut away footage of the dead animal, food, etc. This video got over 350,000 hits on the BBC. Cheers to the GH2!

• @ driftwood: All your series made for a very fast card and a bitrate that does not save space on the card. Need stable settings for 1080p(24/25/30) and 720p(50/60) (with B-Frames), ETC, any iso and zoom and bitrate up to 34Mbps(24H,HBR modes) with optimal quality for any scenes. Pls, make stable settings for slow (upto 20Mbytes class-10)

• @rajamalik No such thing. Legacy primes are some of the finest lenses you will find and switching an auto to manual does NOT deactivate the communication and thus the strain on the processor.

• -nvmd

Screen shot 2012-04-23 at 11.57.54 AM.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
  • @thepalalias any further comparision between sedna and mysteron ??? Sedna in motion vs mysteron in motion ????

• @peternap we can switch any auto lens to manual but we can never switch a manual lens to auto,.. Better buy a auto and use manual modes for Bokeh sub focus etc,... Nokton 25 is the best but u will miss some auto servo when Bokeh is required in motion shots,.. Buy a Lumix 25 mm and use it how ever u wish,.. All doors are open

• @Synth The 14-140mm did seem to have more issues in the group test on intense patches than even the 20mm pancake, so that may contribute. In the meantime, if you haven`t tried Sedna Q20C, I would suggest giving it a go. It did better in the non-24H modes for the spanning tests than the other Sedna modes I tested so far.

• @synth You can try switching to a prime. The auto functions in the lenses take a ton of resources. My favorite is an old 28mm 2.8 Nikkor.

• @archilatrik I gotta say thats a beautiful piece of footage. Just incredible...very well done!!! Great work!!

• I also have a ton of other Japan footage, night time, day time.. snow storm etc.. city.. temples.. etc..

• @driftwood I have some nice shots of Yokohama from the water using Mysteron. What is the best way to send them to you?

• Hi to all! I use SEDNA B for with GH2 and Sandisk Extreme 64Gb for 3 days of shooting a fashion event. I have 3-4 write errors when I use a 14-140 in 140mm tele. But in rest it performs ok. After that I went to hills for shooting a short. It was extremle windy weather, everything in a frame was moving - grass, trees, water and camera was mounted on a car, that also was moving forward. From this moment problems started - I got write errors after 10-30 sec of recording (720@50p). Then I swiched to 1080HBR and camera start to freeze every time, after 5-15 sec of recording. I will post a video of that a little bit later. So, is there a better way to deal in such situations, when scene by itself very dynamic and camera movement dynamic too and if I need to shoot in tele mode in 140mm or more lens and all in 720@50p? May be SEDNA 20 is better in that case?

• Hi guys, just wanted to share with you my first test with the Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion), and first GH2 movie as well. Once again, many thanks to Driftwood for this. I've now switched to Mysteron and find it even more incredible.

• @driftwood Hello Stranger. Check my GH2 posts on Vimeo, I believe there are two city pieces there, download. Good luck, They are shot in San Francisco.

• I have some timelapse of Wellington, New Zealand, if that's of use too.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions