Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GF5 topic
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • @John_Farragut

Thing is that Panasonic cameras are now best choice if you don't have much money.
    They are cheap, focus fast, made good. And sell very good.
    I do not care otherwise (almost forgot! Where is my pink version?)
    Various motherfuckers (aka "bloggers") paid by other manufacturers start to rumble soon, of course.
    But they need to eat, so let em. They are so fun to read sometimes, so stupid.

• With each iteration of Panasonic mirrorless, they are shuffling their cameras to special focussed groups. GF went from featured to simple (interface). The G series went from featured to middle (loosing mic socket to not compete with GH). GH high end has been on steady ground. But I think GH series might also be split to create even higher price class, think GHX-PRO. But with all these models, Panasonic is loosing a bit of focus, while on paper it look cool: GF5, GX1, G3, GH2. Yeah, we have something for everyone, but who is this everyone? And difference between models is slight. And very confusing for the consumer.

Still, I think for Panasonic it makes sense to have an easy mirrorless entry level model. Problem is, I don't think they are going far enough with the easy part. The interface and features could really be stripped in the GF5. In this day and age, iPhone (or any phone camera) = easy to use. GF5 = far from easy to use (for many people). Camera UI design is still stuck in digital camera world language.

• Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.

This is simply moronic.

• I want to ask most important question now.

Where the fuck is my favourite pink version?