Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • didn't check every frame of every footage i shot but didn't notice anything weird so far =)

• I have apparently dropped frames, can't tell for sure what it is because i'm on a mac, but, in 25HBR, the image jumps, on both v1 and v2, and also after conversion in 5dtorgb and Clipwrap I get this interlacing lines. anyone had this happening?

25HBR_converted_prores_5dtorgb.png
    1253 x 843 - 780K
  • @JMZ Just need this project finishing... indeed it gets quicker the more you know... ;-)

• mhmm you can drink for free in belgium too ( gent ) seriously =) + we actually have great beer in belgium..

• Good grief, Nick.

I literally just loaded the first version of Quantum X v2 last night. Now you're already cooking up another batch? Or is it just that you never stop? Anyway first tests of complex/high motion images on the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB / 95Mbps card are all good. Smooth recording, very pleasing fine grain, in-camera playback on 24H and image quality so good I can find absolutely nothing to complain about. If you ever get to north Texas you get a pint (or few) on me. Plan is to test spanning later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

• @Driftwood "just sorting out INTRA on 720" That's great news :)

..and for an encore...? Cold Fusion? Thanks Nick :o)

• thx a lot @Macalincag , feel a bit less stupid now ^^

• Thank you, sir.

• i'm still very confused but thanks for the info ! ^^

• INTRA 720!....damn!

• Most of its finished for both, just sorting out INTRA on 720.... :-)

• And now my usual question: Nick, when it wil be available this new releases?

• Thought all Belgians knew this! Intra quite literally means within itself, and in terms of h264 avc - inter is prediction from others. P and B macroblocks can predict from i/p/b macroblocks. Intra macroblocks holds all the info it needs within itself. Are you on the Internet right now ? Or are you on a intranet? ;-)

• @driftwood I know you are a busy brittish person driftwood but could you tell this ignorant belgian guy what intra means? =) love from the land of chocolat!

• @driftwood So (v3 Rocket) looks te right setting for me.
    But do i still need to record in HBR first if i shoot in 720?

By the way, i am very happy that you read those bedtime books/story .... ;-)

• You offering Mac? ;-)

• Looks like someone needs to do the dishes. :-)

• *** HACK NEWS UPDATE **** 720p50 INTRA a REAL possibility on Quantum X (v3 Rocket) ... at 70+Mbps...coming soon. Info will be released on top of page one.

Quantum X V3 (Rocket) 720p INTRA screengrab.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Quantum X V3 (Rocket) 720p INTRA streamparser.png
    1292 x 682 - 302K
  • @troyjason, the question is if it is possible to recover the recordings that seem to be lost when the camera freezes. not whether or not my cards can handle the hack, because they apparently can't. i'm using transcend class 10, 64GB, 32GB & 16GB.

j

• Everyone do NOT post comments saying "card error" or "camera froze" without telling Nick what type of memory card you are using. It doesn't help him much.

Some cheap memory cards won't be able to handle it - 95mbs Sandisk cards work well with Quantum X2 for those looking to take advantage of his patches.

• @freestylez @jide @all Have anyone tried to recover lost bits using "low level" kinda recovery software? or similar... I can try that next time a have a bad luck... That would be great to have some "backup plan" in case something really valuable is lost.

• @freestylez that kind of hurts.. but thanks for the reply, anyway. j

• hi jide, i think these 0kb files are really gone then. if someone know more please correct me.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions