Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • PTool v3.60d released

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/332/ptool-3.60d-topic

Any new patches discussions in main GH2 development topic will be prosecuted.
    Use dedicated PTool topic.
  • >I thought Vitaliy was already in the process of hacking without the firmware

I just try to imagine "hacking without firmware". :-)

I use this firmware (I mean 1.0E) as basic firmware for hacks. Previously I used other version.
  • Can someone explain why the 'leak' firmware will speed up the hacking process? I thought Vitaliy was already in the process of hacking without the firmware? Sorry I'm very new at this, just trying to understand the process. thanks.
  • Thx Vitaly for all the job you did with GH1, i'm sure that the GH2 hack will improve best functionality for us ... I'm also in Europe and we realy need 1080p25 ...
  • Vitaliy you rock. Keep up the great work.
  • I suppose that the saying is: "This changes everything?"...
  • less than a week! Amazing. :D
  • In the light of http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/330/new-gh2-firmware-leak
    PTool release is just around the corner. Under this I mean less than a week.
  • ditto: best pokémon of all!
  • ditto. 25p?
  • I know i keep asking so 25p or no 25p? Great work...you do more for the independant dlsr shooters than panasonic!
  • >Is that going to happen?

No it won't happen.
    PTool release will contain various patches and no one prevents you to use only ones you like.
  • I totally agree with paralion, these two features are totally crippling some devices. If there could be a stable release with just that, I'd be totally psyched! :-)
  • GREAT to hear Recording Limit Removal and PAL/NTSC switch are working.
    Maybe thats just me, but I'd love to see a first stable patch that just contains those two vital improvements instead of an instable one that contains more features.
    Is that going to happen?

Speaking of VITAL: Since I've been reading here since months, its about time for me to join the thank-you-Vitaly-parade for his invaluable work!
  • @alcomposer
    No locked board is planned. We don't need all this.
  • I suggest that there be a locked board where Vitaliy can post his victories without us getting in the way. Suggested name:

Stalin Functionality Log (SinFuL)

Any ideas? Anyone second? (don't just want to create yet another topic) Or at least a place for Log ONLY (a condensed version of this board)...
  • >Oh, nice! Is it possible for me to use it/test it?

No. Wait fro PTool release.
  • Oh, nice! Is it possible for me to use it/test it?
  • > Is this something that is already working?

Yes.
  • Hi Vitaly, I'm really waiting for the patch to remove the video recording time limitation in European models. Is this something that is already working? Is this something that I can already test?

Thanks
  • >Hi is it better to buy japanese ntsc or Europe pal.

It does not matter.
    PAL-NTSC patch to switch from menu (like on GH1) is tested and working.
  • Hi is it better to buy japanese ntsc or Europe pal. Plan to use for short films and independent docs. Thanks
  • >And in regard to NTSC? That Hardware or Firmware.

It is firmware, of course.
  • >Remember, if you need GH2 or extra GH2 it is good time to buy them.

Hi Vitaliy, just to clarify - this isn't the English PAL unit? And with your Ptool- does it even matter? (assuming that your firmware supersedes the old one in Language as well...) And in regard to NTSC? That Hardware or Firmware. Sorry for the Noob question.

Cheers.