Personal View site logo
GH2+GH1 camera cage
  • 67 Replies sorted by
  • What is your return policy? Also curious why this thread does not appear in the topics list and I have to search to find it.

• great news, thank you

• Yes, there is no base plate. The cage is intended to be used with a tripod baseplate rig style. Then you can adapt it to diferent rigs. I will show you some photos about what I mean. Rewo price not include VAT for europe.

• The photos do not show a baseplate for rods. Am I correct to compare this at 220 with rewo at 370 including baseplate?

• @rockroadpix Sorry 48 euros, about 61,9 US$.

• @rockroadpix In previous post you have all the info. To USA 46 euros delivery in 2-3 days. Not include possible custom taxes.

• I would say that's priced to sell! Any idea on shipping charges to the states?

• Hi everybody,

Finally, my friend says yes to the cage production!!! and price!!!

Price is 220 euros + shipping for 1cage.

Shipping by SEUR to EEUU is 48 euros for 1 or 2 cages, delivery in 2-3 days. 85,99 euros for 3-9 cages, delivery 4-7 days. 10 or more cages free shipping, delivery 4-7 days. Shipping to europe is 26,34 euros+taxes (VAT) and shipping to Spain is 16,09+taxes (IVA). All shippments insured. Buyers are responsible for customs tax in your country/state. We are searching for other shipping options (cheaper)...

Cage is 100% CNC machined in strong aluminium. Price include the piece to attach the camera flash mount to the cage, and @rockroadpix it will be option anodized in black.

The proto in the first photos has been slightly modified. @Jspatz More clearance in mini jack microphone plug and more easy acces to SD card. More 1/4" holes in cage and other minor improvements.

@Brian202020 we are calculating price for 10 or more cages.

Payment will be only by PayPal.

We will have first cages in about 20 days.... Then I will post more photos.

Thank you very much.

• @pc_bel

I am very interested in this cage. If the price is right, I might be willing to buy the difference to get you to 50 units if you don't reach the 50 needed. I would just resell them on ebay or at the local rental houses.

• I want one.

• I would expect it to be expensive, as it is made from single piece of aluminium...
  • I would love to know how much it would cost.
  • I'd take one
  • @pc_bel

looks great, let me know when ready for sale ...
  • Looks killer!
  • @Jspatz, for me is easy to plug something in the mic socket. May be in the photo is not obvious.
    It depends on the baseplate type. Acces to the battery is what it is... Hole in cage is same as battery door. No way to change it.

@bannedindv, for my rig I only need what you see in the photo. One long hole (match GH2 and GH1) and one rear 1/4 inch. One bolt goes directly to the camera through the base plate and the other bolt goes to the cage through the baseplate too. Sorry for my english, I can't explain better.

@all, sorry but I don't know how much because mine was for free. As I said I will try to convince my friend to sell it.

Thanks for all your interest.
  • The only fault I can find with it right now is that there appears to be no way to tie it down on the bottom to a tripod or other rig.

needs 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch holes for mounting on the bottom. Otherwise, nice work,.
  • I'd buy one as well. How much?
  • If a baseplate for rods is attached, will the battery still be accessible?
  • It looks like accessing the mic/remote socket is not to easy?
  • How much? I want!
  • does look good!
  • Hi guys,

I have my prototipe ready. Here you have some images from the real product as I promised. Sure its not perfect and others are more cool, but the intention is to be cheap. My friend (the maker of the cage) is not very confident to sell it, but I will try to convince him.

Thanks to all Personal-View comunity.
    _PAU0059.jpg
    600 x 399 - 95K
    _PAU0063.jpg
    600 x 399 - 82K
    _PAU0065.jpg
    600 x 399 - 84K
    _PAU0075.jpg
    600 x 399 - 100K
    _PAU0076.jpg
    600 x 399 - 95K
    _PAU0077.jpg