Personal View site logo
95MB/s Sandisk Extreme Pro cards
  • 242 Replies sorted by
  • Does Quantum V2 24H span of the 64GB SDHC under high detail stress such as Stray's extreme dense chart?
  • Can anyone confirm if new Quantum Driftwood patch does span?
  • I can confirm that I can playback files that don't span, including 80% (which only lasts 9 seconds). I've not tested again since, and I reformatted that card. I'll try and do spanning and playback later on if I get chance.

Tim
  • Anybody with the 64gig card able to 'playback video in-camera'?

(a few questions on other topics re-64 95MB/s)
  • @simurg I'm 99% sure no.
  • Can i use this cards for my Gh13 ?
  • @balazer honestly I want's the 1:4! And now that it spans... ahhh... Can't wait to get mine in the mail! + New firmware in a few days! This Christmas is going to be sweet!
  • No, my back hurts. I feel better now. :)
  • @Balazer maybe someone ate your crisps?
  • Wedding? Are you serious? You've gotta do some serious pixel peeping to detect *any* difference between Seaquake and Aquamotion, which spans on cheaper cards. And even then you'll notice the difference only at really high ISOs, which you shouldn't be shooting at anyway if you are aiming for very high picture quality. Seaquake is doing 1:4 compression, and Aquamotion is doing 1:7. That's less compression than a Red One, and close to a Red Epic at its lowest compression setting.

Why am I in such a foul mood now? I'm yelling at everyone.
  • Great test results I cannot believe my eyes that the bloody thing will span. I was wondering if that card would do the Job but haven't got the cash to try it out.

Now we can record for a long as we want without it stopping, Wedding anyone?

Well done guys :-)
  • The 64GB SDXC has extFAT file system that supports a file size larger than 4GB, but I guess it is GH2 firmware creating multiple 4GB files.
  • Amazon.co.uk £166.69. Expensive, but not too much of a premium over 2 x Extreme III.
  • @itimjim Where did you purchase your 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro?
  • You can, but I had no idea where the cable was :-)

Anyway, I've been out to PC world, and I can confirm that the card spans with SeAQuake. I just browsed the MTS files and there are two with the same time/date stamp, and both play without any issues. Nice!

Any other tests to run? 80%?
  • @itimjim
    You can use Gh2 as the sd reader , I think so
  • Chaps, I have my 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-1 Card.

I've loaded my GH2 with Driftwood SeAQuake, and just for a test used two other cards. I'm using Kae's ColourDeathChart_Denser.png with on my monitor, using a Panasonic 14/2.5.

1. 16 GB Transcend SDHC Class 6: Fails just after 4 seconds
    2. 8GB Transcend SDHC Class 10: Fails just after 2 seconds
    3. 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-1 (95 MB/s - 633x): No failure (ran the test for nearly 6 minutes)

The video won't play back on test number 3 though. Unfortunately, I've just discovered that my SD reader doesn't support SDXC, so I'm unable to look on the card to make sure nothing is corrupt. I'm ordering one, but it won't come until Monday.

I'm fairly positive the files will be OK though, and this card is capable of spanning 176 GOP1.

EDIT: Just found a local PC world that is open until 8pm, might nip out and get an SDXC reader now :-)
  • @Sage, the English language is horrible for message boards. We should all type in Chinese!

I didn't take your comment the wrong way... I just wanted to clarify whty I started this thread, and that there needs to be conclusive results. Otherwise some noob comes around and asks these questions 10000 times!

Lets just work out what works- why- and just "GET THE CARD". Simple.
  • Alcomposer, I didn't mean to imply your label, this thread is great. I refer to Sandisk's deceptive labeling of 95/45
  • @driftwood
    Quantum seems OK on casual observation. What tests do you wish me to carry out. I am packing for an assignment tomorrow so I may have to continue tomorrow night.
  • @Sage this is why I started this topic so that we could quickly get reports in and discover what was going on. As there has been quite a debacle with many other memory cards this year. I would safely assume that the current price of the 64gig card is within everyones reach given that it (hopefully) allows spanning and increases reliability!
  • That's right, its sd spec 3.0 that bumps up the speed. Conflation
    I wonder what the cause of this is.* People waste money to discover these minefields, the label should be accurate..
  • @Sage, SDXC doesn't imply higher speeds. SDHC and SDXC support all of the same bus interface speed modes. SDXC is differentiated from SDHC only by size and file system.
  • Nice. I knew you would. ;)
    I hope that some form of 80% (burst ok) might fit into this final spec. Maybe with the lower bitrate option?
  • @driftwood the anticipation is killing me!!!! 64gig at 2x normal speed??? Can't wait to see what these babies do... (anyone for 300mb/s + ?)