Personal View site logo
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • The "Elements and Main Concepts" page is almost ready. I'll have it online tomorrow. Thanks for the patience.
  • Installed plugin to embed video from all major hosting services (vimeo, youtube, etc).
    http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:vshare
  • Awesome. Thank you @Vitaliy_Kiselev

IF someone else could learn how this plugin works, that would be fabulous. I have no time this week.
  • I installed this one, appears to be working fine:
    http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:multipoll
  • @atticusd thanks for working on this. Has anyone looked into polling plugins for direct wiki use?
  • Ok guys, I'm working in the "Elements and Main Concepts" page. I'll have it ready for tomorrow's evening (GMT) or Tuesday's afternoon tops. The authors will be able to change whatever they like and all of you can collaborate in any way you see fit.
  • @atticusd A couple days would be fine, I think. If you do it live on a new wiki page, several people could chip in and work on it, and the authors would also be able to make changes on their own of need be. Many hands make light work, but someone needs to take the wheel. Thanks for stepping up.
  • @B3Guy
    >We NEED someone to duplicate the "story lines and concepts" page, with the content reorganized in categories of "elements" and "main concepts". Seriously, can someone step up and tackle this?

I can take care of this if you give me some days. I would strip the storylines in elements and main concepts as you said and then PM the authors to see if they have suggestions, complaints, etc. When I have the OK of every author I'll post it in the new wiki page. When do you think I will have to have this ready?
  • yes, there will be a poll on how to handle each stage. this last one is just a poll for getting us to the next stage. We need need ideas for

a) what to do (if anything) in this round about main concepts
    b) what to do in stage 2
    c) how to poll and move to stage three
  • @b3guy
    I would too the 1-10 ranking!
    In my opinion, obtained the main scripts, there must be a screenwriting team that mix the elements in various ways, that have to be subjected to a new poll.
  • IMOPRTANT: THE LATEST POLL IS APPROVED AS OFFICIAL BY VOTE. I WILL CLOSE IT TOMORROW. it is looking like we will be Rating (scale of 1-10) the script "elements", and approving (for use in the next stage) the top ranked 40-50%. We NEED someone to duplicate the "story lines and concepts" page, with the content reorganized in categories of "elements" and "main concepts". Seriously, can someone step up and tackle this?

@Elenion, in the future ALL voting will be nominal. I simply did not want to start this stage of polling all over a third time just to include that. If you wish to look at the results, there are instructions on how to do so on the Poll page of the wiki. @thepalalias in a public polling situation, I would certainly use y/n questions, under your same logic. But this is a small group of people who I'd hope are more concerned with detailed feedback than how fast they can get thru the poll. If you were looking at the first poll, that was a bad first attempt. The way things are, the majority want to use a 1-10 rating system, so that's what we will go with.

To be democratic, I think I will whip up another poll concerning what to do with the main script concepts. It may be that we will not deal with them until the next stage, but there may be ways to handle them in some capacity at this time as well. Any suggestions for me to put on a pole on this subject?
  • Poll done. Lets get this thing moving.
  • Not that I'm attached to it (things should go fine either way), but I thought I'd throw this out there now that I've voted.

The data gathered from "yea" or "nay" surveys may be less detailed than that from a 0 to 10 rating scale, but the surveys take much less time and effort for people to complete and participation rates are traditionally higher. When I used survey rates for research purposes in the past, I found some people were actually anxious about even completing surveys once they got beyond a certain degree of complexity.

But I know we don't need a 100% participation to make the surveys work, so I just mention it in case anyone wants to make things easier. The results should be just as good either way. :)
  • I voted but i repeat my idea that all the votations have to be nominal. Everyone has to know who votes what. It's a matter of order, responsability and honesty.
  • I don't see how it's possible to say at this point what percentage will be taken or removed.

But i took the survey, because i want everything to be judged on a scale from 0 to 10.
  • So far, only 6 persons have taken the poll. Come on guys! Let's put those asses in gear!
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YHMBMYL
  • Guys the next step is simply to decide the days we're going to vote.

Then we'll close all the enrollment for the project and protect the wiki page in some way.
    Who doesn't vote in those days i think that should be out, who doesn't ask to be in with a proper and explicit proposition and some form of contribution can't be in. We've to be clear.
    When everything will be clarified and the team confirmed we'll create departments and supervisors by voting.

In the deadlines page on wiki there is a suggestion 20-25 december. Please everyone who partecipate confirm or suggest another day by editing the page.
    I think that we should decide in one week maximum.
    Like 9 of december?
  • @johnnym
    >Can't we do something with the fact we're all in different locations?

Some of the storyline ideas address that fact already. If use with caution the myriad of different locations could work to our advantage big time. But we shouldn't let ourselves get carried away. It has been said a few times in this thread but it's worth remembering: Better to do something simple and great than some crappy pretentious failure of a big movie.
  • @johnnym - The title is "How to Write High Structure, High Concept Movies" by Rob Tobin only 90 pages. Short and to the point. I really like this book.
  • IMHO nominate Prod manager Post manager Writers etc - do it like it is done - in film democracy = anarchy lol
  • Can't we do something with the fact we're all in different locations?

A while ago there was some kind of wave of films that showed the interweaving of people's lives in different locations. Magnolia, Babel, .. Or if you want one character in different locations, like say Bourne films, you could shoot that character and cut with footage from users in other locations, possibly using chroma if needed.

Just thinking out loud here.

@Kong - Is that from Robert McKee's book?
  • @thepalalias tracklay and foley build is mainly the 5.1 or more element - happy to let anyone use one of our rooms or been nice to the missus and can use their 5.1 room along with their Nitris and Avids IQ EQ & graphics etc - curry goes a long way!
  • @B3Guy

Check poll plugins, good one exist for DocuWiki, I just don't know why they don't work upon install.
  • yes. check the poll page on the wiki, I think I detail there how to access, along with a request that those who have not yet participated refrain from checking the results.

In the future, the poll link will be PM'ed to the correct personages to avoid unwanted participation.
  • @B3Guy, well said.. I won't have much time until the later part of next week, so if someone else can do it before that - I'm all for it.

Quick question though, if I have missed it or not - is there any way to have a look at the poll results so far? Maybe not recommended for those who are about to take it, but.. ;) for those who have done it.