Personal View site logo
Gh2 update with Hack
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @ Jessy I have both the GH2, G7 and G80. The G80 is the best of the 3 for video use, but doesn't have quite the same "image quality" as the GH2 which had a great set of colour profiles built in. I might upgrade to a GH5 next year as I would like to shoot 6K open gate video to crop & zoom to 4K in post and would also like access to the "IS Lock" feature (which ironically the G80 had at the start before Panasonic removed it in an upgrade) but don't know if I would use many of the other video features (like Log profiles) to justify the cost of the upgrade.

• panasonic GH80? is ok??

You must be from the future, from the year 2200??

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Will it be possible to update PTool for functionality with GH2 FW v1.2?

I'd love to use my cheap laptop batteries with some hacks; 1.1 doesn't allow for this.

Cheers.

• Hi - I have my GH2 and wanted to hack it - using Driftwood Moon T7. As i am working on Mac os X 10.15.4 Catalina, WINE seems not to work. Any Idea how I can run ptool3 on my Mac to create the Firmware Hack?

Thank you -

• @stefanweisss How did you get on with the firmware upgrade? I'm looking to start streaming with the GH2 and record at the same time. I was hoping to match as closely as possible with my GH5 Cine-V profile