Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @cbrandin
    Thanks a lot!

I think that I will naturally improve my patch since I probably understood your opinion perfectly.

@Stray
    Thanks always;)
  • @cbrandin many thanks for your explanation of what can possibly happen in that situation. Its been bugging me for a while as to what actually happens, I thought the whole frame rate dropped. I had some shots I took with the 66M GOP3 that would display the same behaviour of breaking the max speed and saw some strange things in playback. Some of it looked quite beautiful, like some sections of the frame were slower or stuck for brief moments. The fact that it could just drop packets as you describe explains what I saw perfectly to me. I may recreate and use it sometime, as some of the shots had a great and peculiar quality.
  • And underrun/overflow the buffer.
  • All, sorry for not posting some of my tests I mentioned earlier. I've been freaking busy.
    Here's the low level noise test I mentioned earlier. What I am finding with these high bandwidth settings, especially with reAQuainted, the low level data has finer data representing detail as it falls into darkness.
    This produces finer more nature noise "like" a CRT raster scan. We are getting "closer" to the raw output from the GH2 sensor and converters.
    ISO160 NOISE TEST.png
    1920 x 1080 - 625K
  • Yes, thank you Chris for that explanation.
  • @proaudio4
    Thank you for testing specially, while you are busy! ;-)

BTW,Although I looked at and remembered these comments, isn't the result of this test compared by the portion of the B frame?
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/20988#Comment_20988
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/20999#Comment_20999

As for the portion of the B frame, I also recognize that a noise becomes dirty.
    However, since the frequency where a clear noise appears compared with 12GOP since the number of the I frames of 3GOP is 4 times the 12GOP increases 4 times, although 3GOP is not like 1GOP, I think that a noise will be clear seen rather than 12GOP?
    Although it is unavoidable that a dirty noise appears at a compressive relation unless it is 1GOP, I consider it that the composition made to balance with other elements is 3GOP.
  • @proaudio4 on your test: AQ15?!!!! you mean Q15. ;-)
  • I've found this strange thing, maybe it's just premiere but sometimes the reds go jagged, as if they were interlaced. It happens to strong reds / oranges with sharp edges.
    I've had this on many patches, I first noticed it while shooting 720p50 and thought it to be some kind of interlacing going on (as 720p50 and 50i seems to be connected somehow). During yesterdays tests of Driftwoods latest work I encountered the same in 24p!

Any thoughts? This is propably the wrong topic for this, but I didn't know where to put it.
  • Since the last test differed in conditions considerably, we did the test which similarly arranged conditions today with my friend.
    I used usual DIY steadicam and my friend used his own ActingCam.
    I think that comparison is possible although some motions are different.
    However, honestly, with my eyes, I do not understand a difference well. :-)

reAQuainted

GOP3ZILLA-Q14
    reAQuainted_iso1600.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 180K
    176mq14_iso1600.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 186K
  • @bkmcwd

Nice movement! Could you supply a link to your diy steadicam instructions? Thanks.
  • @driftwood...
    Woops.. LOL! Yes, I meant to write Q15.
    If Vitaliy deletes the png, I will up update it.
  • Thanks for the latest patch, Nick. I'm going to test it out tomorrow.
    Is there any way for U.S. users to get 720p/50p? I would like to use the INTRA settings for my 720p recording, alas my camera just does 60p ...
  • My latest video all shot @ ISO 1200 with @driftwood 176mb/s GOP1 ReAquanted image is soo clean love this camera... Lens Pani 20mm f1.7, Dynamic shutter 50th all available lights.
  • I've been testing Driftwood's 'AQuarius'.... but I am curious, can someone please explain to me why the bitrate was dropped by 6mbits for the sake of better "cpb_delay timing"? What is the advantage of better cpb_delay timing? Is it just more stable?
  • @drogo its a H264 thing, personally no idea - but there is a tone of information on google about it. Personally I think that if 'cpb_delay' is better- then don't worry- as 176mbps is peak.

Currently the current AVCHD is going to be the best quality for a while- as VK has stated that this PTool update will mainly be concerned with other things.
  • @pinger007
    Thanks! :-)
    Although the instruction of only gimbal part is in my YouTube channel, regrettably it is altogether explained in Japanese. :(
    watch?v=x4vxNaO2Yi4
    watch?v=dL6uDNcLBKE
  • Hi, everyone.
    This is a sample of bkmcwd's 66Mbps 3GOP AQ3.
    I think that it is one of his best patches for incredible resolution.
    And most of all, It saves the card storage. I'll recommend you to take the patch for your travel.
    In my test, 1GOP for beautiful noise, 3GOP for resolution and saving storage, I think.

# though the only part of sea is shot with GH1 hacked.
  • @soru
    Thanks mate! ;-)
    Although this patch needs some points to use since it has separated from the theory, supposing someone can use this "Outlaw setting", I will also regard it as not bad.
  • @Driftwood

I test yours (Driftwood INTRA Patch: 'AQuarius' ). Quality is exellent, but with my SanDisk Extreme i get some errors with scenes where was lot of movment or Zoom while recording.
  • Which sandisk extreme ?... it matters
  • Would anyone recommend which is the most stable Driftwood patch to use with Transcend Class 10 32GB cards?
  • Hey guys! Is it possible to have a gop3 for 24L and gop1 for 24H - patch? - in one?
  • @soru
    Since Q12 version of GOP3ZILLA was made, I stick this.
    Probably, since this may be unable to be used with neither 30p nor EXTELE, please use only with 24p.
    Possibly, since I may have improved this to a slight degree, this is the test patch. :-)

setd.zip
    540B
    176m3gopq12.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 187K
    Q12.JPG
    1296 x 630 - 171K
    Q12_ISO160.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 183K
    Q12_TREES_ISO400_1.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 183K
  • @proaudio4

I think its my card. It is uhs-1 but i cost only 29€
  • @soru

Stayed at Alila Manggis - go to Bali and Lombok and the Gilis every year to recover from the previous 11 months!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions