Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • I am making various safe and economical 3GOP settings now, and I stick one of them.
    With this patch, in using of EX-TELECON there is no problem.
    However, the use in 30p may become sometimes unstable.

As a result of moving a camera to right and left and testing it, it is shown in this screen shot.
    If it is a stress of this level, also in 30p, it will be very stable.
    However, when a camera was moved up and down continuously in stress test with Stray's chart, recording did not stop, but the frame might fall.

NOTE:
    The setting of Chris is borrowed except 24p.
    setg.zip
    565B
    88MQ18_30P_ISO3200_SS800.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 198K
  • @driftwood

Been away from the GH2 for a bit. I was lucky to get an awesome deal on a 2nd hand 5DM2 so have been playing with that. Anyhow, loaded up your 'beautiful buffers' patch and what can I say? I'm totally floored, came such a long way in such a short time. Also took this downtime to improve my color grading skills - this new stuff grades so beautifully. Thanks for the hard work and tireless effort! Damn the 5DM2 looks 'soft' ;-)
  • @bkmcwd The average bit rate on the stress test is breaking the max you've set of 88M by about 20M (avg of 107M), are you sure its frame rate is ok ? I'd love to see a sub 100M GOP3, but I figure Iframes are going to be around the 600,000 mark to keep within the 88M bitrate.
  • @Stray
    It is the affair which became a problem before? ;-)
    The frame rate is OK, I think and "actual framerate is" is not desplayed in Streamparser.

I think that frame size is not compressed as long as shooting ordinarily with "24p" since this is Q18.
    I will shoot green in a usual park tomorrow.
    Although I also made the patches of higher Q value, I think that the balance of this is the best.
    If a problem occurs, I am going to raise Q value.

• @Driftwood

Here's yr reAquanted 176mb/s patch in full effect! using a 14-42mm kit lens and just for one shot, a nikon 50mm f1.8.
  • @bkmcwd
    Did a lot of anamorphic 24p GOP3 shooting today with your latest 88 mb settings!
    Was already a big fan of the 66mbs patch you made with GOP3.

Heartfelt thanks for all the efforts you made!

Here's the clip rendered in Vegas 10 @ 20.000 mbs

• @No_SuRReNDeR

I had to compress it cause I'm not a Plus member yet...
  • @ishvar
    Thank you for the great sample! :-)
    If I can also take time today, I will also be going to shoot in a park.
  • *** NEW **** Driftwood INTRA Patch: 'AQuarius' 1080p24 AQ3 with 720p50 AQ3.

50p lookin' good at AQ3 with a few other adjustments. 1080i/50 is a tad improved too under INTRA.

60p at INTRA is a complete NO NO. Therefore, 60p and 1080/60i is left untouched for your own setting.

Note: We can get 1080/60i to INTRA but 720p is then useable - so we left them both unchecked for your own settings.

Ive also dropped 6M off the 176M H setting from the 'reAQuainted' patch which brings the cpb_delay timing in slightly better but with a very weeny drop in bitrate. Please test away :-)

Nick
    Driftwood 'AQuarius' INTRA - 1080p24 AQ3 and 720p50 AQ3 - sete.zip
    465B
  • Badass! I'm gonna load this up RIGHT NOW.

In the mean time... at the risk of embarrassing myself, here is a youtube vlog I did yesterday using the one before ReAQuanted. QuantMeBaby i believe it was called. I love how well it works with Neat video NR. Which is used on all shots sans the first shot which I forgot to do.

Eh.. alright, since I can't figure out how to embed a video on this forum (face palm, such a n00b) here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iwUwahA8Hqc
  • @bkmcwd yes its the same problem, if the average data rate goes higher than the streams max speed something will be wrong on playback. Record for a minute exactly in camera and then check the time the file plays back for.
  • @driftwood
    I am looking forward to trying your new great patch! :-)
    My work fills the niche between your great works, I hope.

@someone
    I stick the sample of 24p and 30p with my latest 88M 3GOP.
    Since 30p was used satisfactorily, there seems to be no problem also at a little lower Q value.
    24p

30p
    88mq18_24p_iso640_1.JPG
    1294 x 633 - 187K
    88mq18_30p_iso640_1.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 191K
  • @Stray
    Thanks mate! ;-)
    I have shot the tree today, moving a camera in the up-and-down direction.
    The camera just stopped at the top and the bottom for a moment the place where the slot is made into the wave of Streamparser. This is not cadence problem.
    Although I think that it is still generous, since it is my purpose to make this patch economical, I think how to adjust.
    88mq18_30p_tilt_iso3200.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 186K
  • @driftwood

is this a recommended update to your latest 176 patch? it sounds like it's a bit more stable.
  • @csync like every new patch, it needs group verifying, but in principle, I'm happy with it.
  • @bkmcwd,

Stray is not refering to a cadence issue.
    Just load your mts file into your video editing program and check the frame rate.
  • @proaudio4
    Thanks for your checking!
    I understand about the point which Stray pointed out, of course.

This 88M as well as the time of former 66M is satisfactory at all.
    Of course, about framerate.
    They are 24fps perfectly.

Does this cause any problems concretely?
    I have not met with the problem until now. :-(
  • @Stray

You are right in being concerned about the video bitrate exceeding the max bitrate. The max bitrate is calculated from TS packet timer stamps. When video bitrate exceeds the maximum there are packets that end up with identical time stamps (they are supposed to all be different and ascending). I'm not sure how all codecs deal with this, but I would assume that with many, if not all, packets will end up being dropped. These are 192 byte packets - so when they are dropped only a small portion of a frame will be affected - it might be hard to see.

Chris
  • @All A lot of you have promised some recordings...
    (see http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1268/gh2-intra-demo-its-collaboration-time#Item_59)

yet only 6 of you have so far submitted 10 seconds of video. Deadline cutoff is the 10th November. If you want to be part of it - please send me a link to your upload site together with info on how you recorded it, using which INTRA setting. Thnks! :-)
  • @cbrandin
    Thank you for your great work and relevant description always.

In my strange English, it may not get across to you, and I have a question.
    For example, if this arrangement of mine does not apply stress forcibly, either, the video bit rate does not almost exceed the maximum video bit rate, but is there any problem still?
  • @bkmcwd

I'm not sure what you are asking. Actually, it's the "Average Total Bitrate" that should not exceed the "Max Speed" (sorry for not having been more specific in my previous post). If it does, I think there might be problems - like cadence issues and packets dropped by the decoder.

Chris
  • @cbrandin
    Thank you very much for your reply!

Indeed, I understood that it was not "should not exceeding" but "better not to exceed". :-(
    O.K, I think that I will improve this patch as you say.

BTW, "I'm not sure what you are asking"
    My question is as follows.
    With the patch in which the video bit rate exceeds the maximum video bit rate when an extreme stress test is done, when shooting an ordinary situation, do not exceed, either, but. Do any problems occur by using so that the patch of such character may not be exceeded in an ordinary situation?

Doesn't it get across to you again?
  • OK, I think I understand. If the max speed is not exceeded you should be OK. The problem I have with your suggestion is that it means you will rely on being lucky when you shoot. It's better to try to avoid the situation with stress tests - that way no matter what you shoot, you should be OK.

Chris
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions