Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Are all the settings contained within the patch or do you have to adjust the GOP manually in PTool?
  • ReAQuainted and AQuarius brings in the Auto Quantiser settings which offer better macroblocking potential. AQuarius ver 2 update brings you 1080i60 with AQ3.
  • @driftwood
    What is your best patch? I have used them all... I like GOPstoppa and reAQainted a lot. What are the major differences between GOPstoppa and QuantMeBaby? And what did you change for AQuarius?
  • *** NEW *** AQuarius version 2 for ptools 3.63d edition with 1080/60i on GOP1 INTRA (the impossible to work with 720p60 is left on its original 30 GOP).
    All the old features of 1080p24H and 720p50/1080i50 are as before - GOP1 INTRA.

The old AQuarius patch WILL NOT work on the new ptools 3.63D. So please use this when flashing new firmwares.

Test away!
    Driftwood Version 2 of 'Aquarius' for ptools3.63d - sete.zip
    508B
  • I dig the motion improvement but i'd like to stay stable. Planning on buying a sandisk extreme, right now i have a Class 10 from silicon power.
    Would you advise a GOP3 preset or QuantMeBaby's fine?
  • @HillTop1 http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/953/gh2-patch-vault-most-popular-patches-in-one-place

(Download one of the 'packages' with more than one setting set to a;b;c; etc.. and work out which one you like!)
    44mbps is VERY stable. (and its still 4x stock FW)
  • Hi guys,
    Can anyone recommend me any patch that can work well for live event shooting like a wedding? I am looking for something very stable and it cannot be GOP1 cuz of file size. Spanning will be nice too.
  • @soru
    Thanks! :-)
    "the better quallity we'll have?"
    Under low light, I think so.

@driftwood
    Did you get mine too?
    Although I have sent to you last week, supposing it has already received, there is no necessity for a reply.
  • @bkmcwd
    thanks! I'll try it. Is it right that the smaller the Q number (for example, Q12), the better quallity we'll have?

@soundgh2
    yes, it's very nice hotel. I'm jeous that you will go bali every year! Have fun!
  • @driftwood did you get mine? I PM'ed you a couple days back.
  • @All Just three days to go before cutoff time: If you fancy yourself a player in the INTRA GH2 Demonstration Showreel please go here;- http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1268/gh2-intra-demo-its-collaboration-time/p1

We've had some brilliant submissions to date :-)
  • @nktdr you can only use AQuamotion (100 mbps) with Transcend cards. To use the other settings, pick up Sandisk Extreme (not UHS-1, but the old school ones), currently on sale at B&H for a mere $50 for 32 gigs. Get em before there gone (I got 6).
  • @soru

Stayed at Alila Manggis - go to Bali and Lombok and the Gilis every year to recover from the previous 11 months!
  • @proaudio4

I think its my card. It is uhs-1 but i cost only 29€
  • @soru
    Since Q12 version of GOP3ZILLA was made, I stick this.
    Probably, since this may be unable to be used with neither 30p nor EXTELE, please use only with 24p.
    Possibly, since I may have improved this to a slight degree, this is the test patch. :-)

setd.zip
    540B
    176m3gopq12.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 187K
    Q12.JPG
    1296 x 630 - 171K
    Q12_ISO160.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 183K
    Q12_TREES_ISO400_1.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 183K
  • Hey guys! Is it possible to have a gop3 for 24L and gop1 for 24H - patch? - in one?
  • Would anyone recommend which is the most stable Driftwood patch to use with Transcend Class 10 32GB cards?
  • Which sandisk extreme ?... it matters
  • @Driftwood

I test yours (Driftwood INTRA Patch: 'AQuarius' ). Quality is exellent, but with my SanDisk Extreme i get some errors with scenes where was lot of movment or Zoom while recording.
  • @soru
    Thanks mate! ;-)
    Although this patch needs some points to use since it has separated from the theory, supposing someone can use this "Outlaw setting", I will also regard it as not bad.
  • Hi, everyone.
    This is a sample of bkmcwd's 66Mbps 3GOP AQ3.
    I think that it is one of his best patches for incredible resolution.
    And most of all, It saves the card storage. I'll recommend you to take the patch for your travel.
    In my test, 1GOP for beautiful noise, 3GOP for resolution and saving storage, I think.

# though the only part of sea is shot with GH1 hacked.
  • @pinger007
    Thanks! :-)
    Although the instruction of only gimbal part is in my YouTube channel, regrettably it is altogether explained in Japanese. :(
    watch?v=x4vxNaO2Yi4
    watch?v=dL6uDNcLBKE
  • @drogo its a H264 thing, personally no idea - but there is a tone of information on google about it. Personally I think that if 'cpb_delay' is better- then don't worry- as 176mbps is peak.

Currently the current AVCHD is going to be the best quality for a while- as VK has stated that this PTool update will mainly be concerned with other things.
  • I've been testing Driftwood's 'AQuarius'.... but I am curious, can someone please explain to me why the bitrate was dropped by 6mbits for the sake of better "cpb_delay timing"? What is the advantage of better cpb_delay timing? Is it just more stable?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions