Personal View site logo
Personal View 2017 LAING Video Contest
  • Welcome to our new video contest.

It is good tradition to make winter video contests on PV.

Terms

1. You can submit TWO videos made by you personally or your small team using any camera. Just post it in this topic.
    2. You can submit any video made after contest start or up to 3 months prior of contest start.
    3. Clip must reside on vimeo or youtube video hostings and must have in description "personal-view laing contest" text with link to contest page (for contest time).
    4. Video must be between 2 and 10 minutes in length. if you think that video is very good you can submit longer videos.
    5. Contest duration is until March 17, or as we reach 25 participants.

Winner selection

1. In this same topic any PV member registered before contest start date can post names of up to 3 videos that he likes most. Contest participants can also vote for videos if they are not their own.
    2. Members with more than 500 posts can post names of up to 5 videos that they like most.
    3. In the closing day I'll post up to 8 videos list I like most.
    4. Member with video that will get most mentions in lists will be declared winner. Winner will have special status on forum for one year.
    5. In situation where two or more videos get exactly same number of mentions topic will be reopen to allow more members to vote.

Prize - Laing H5 Steadicam, new 2016 model

• Work with any camera+ lens combination up to 2.8kg
    • Weight is only 0.67kg, so you can use it with bare hands for prolonged time
    • Very compact
    • Exceptional manufacturing quality Laing is known for
    • No charging required :-)

• 44 Replies sorted by
  • I need to be more active in the forum, normally I just read and learn from many talented people here, many thanks for your work Vitaliy_Kiselev I will be sure to donate for the cause :)

• @ivan_romeo

Hope to make one at summer.

Time to move to 2 contests a year. But need more activity :-)

• Congrats @TinRoof love your video, I can't wait for the next contest :)

• Such an honor for my work to be recognized by Vitaliy and the other members of this forum. Considering the work submitted I am very humbled. Thanks to all of you for this honor, and for also providing such an important knowledge base that I feed on daily. PersonalView is truly a gem. Peace, Kevin Balling Tin Roof Video www.tinroofvideo.com

• So, final results.

Stabilizer goes to @TinRoof for

• I am so sorry for delays, just I need to rewatch every video without distractions to be sure.

Asked opinion from few other members, so will post all on Monday if nothing happens.

• My bad that did not posted it due to unplanned issues. Sorry guys, Will do very soon.

• Contest officially closed.

In original terms intention was to determinate winner using opinions posts, but I do not see enough of them now.

So, if nothing changes in a week, we'll make our own decision on winner.

• "Exploring Petra - From the Great Temple to the High Place of Sacrifice" - personal-view laing contest

My entry for the contest. Video was shot entirely hand held, with the GX80, using the Olympus 9-18mm lens. Edited in FCP X.

• @maskare

Good idea.

As if you compare camera discussions to good videos that can compete it is not good relation.

• Just noticed this contest. Well nothing to lose...

Here is first short teaser from our upcoming giallo film full of black comedy elements. Or as we call it: "first Finnish giallo so it's FiALLO!"

TENÚ is coming...

• @TinRoof

Prize is reserved, so all is ok.

We'll close it after NAB exhibition, as hope for few more participants.

• Anything going on with this contest?

• Hi all,

here is my (late) entry for the contest. Shot on the Panasonic GH2/cbrandin hack with a C-mount 25mm 1.4 lens. Minimal level corrections only. Enjoy!

Thanks for the contest, Vitaliy!

• Its ok

I just wanted too share it with the forum.

• @endotoxic

Cool, but terms are terms.

• this one is older but good.

Made on red dragon sensor. Iso 3200 for grain look all the time. Ultra prime t2. Only 3 650watts fresnels. Some art direction and good space. Was shot on one night. Edited on resolve in raw. Then mastered on black and white. Me as DP and direction with a friend as the other video

i hope you like it

• Well, we still lack enough participants.

• Remember to read contest rules and comment on videos you like, it is your opinion that matter.

• Hello all.

This is my entry. It was shot in Alexa XT plus and zeiss distagon t2.1 set from the 90s. All set was.used. All tungsten even on outdoor. I think is like analog.light ( So i call it) is.bettter than HMI or Kinoflow or led i feel those light are digital and inacurate, its my poin of view and short experience.that come to that conclusion. Shot on 24,60,120p on pro res 422 10bit and 444xq

I hope.you like it. Im.making a short film.with.this.material

The color was made on colorista 2 filmconvert cosmo and old mojo from red giant.

• Wonderful inspiring work everybody!

The one that impressed the most was Call me a Monster. That is such a roller-coaster. It's well lit I think with b&w in mind.

The other ones that appealed to me were: catalpa trees, and Girlfriends.

Good stuff keep 'm coming!

• Here is my submission. A story of two best friends discussing what their futures may hold for them after college.

• Hi folks, I must have overlooked this contest, but here we go, that is my submission:

• Added motivation video to top post, thanks to Dieter.