Personal View site logo
Nebula 4200 - strange monster
  • 221 Replies sorted by
  • a lot more bouncing up and down than I would have liked :/

• Five-axis stabilizer - a revolutionary breakthrough

Handheld 3-axis stabilizer is a revolutionary product to the film industry. It is so light-weighted and user-friendly and creates more possibilities for photographers during film making and at mean time provides smooth videos. Among those 3-axis stabilizers on the market, the Film Power Nebula series is the most advanced, well-built products but will not make any consumer bankrupt.

However, the 3-axis designs that control tilt, roll and pan cannot address the very crucial part: the vertical axis. We can notice bounces in videos created by 3-axis stabilizers caused by photographers’ steps. To solve this problem, the cutting-edge Nebula 4200 5-axis stabilizer has arrived.

The two spring arms of 4200 can absorb any vibrations and bounces under payload. They are just like the vehicle suspension system which isolates road noise, bumps, and vibrations.

Besides vertical axis, by using different spring tension, the two spring arms are also able to filter part of the vibrations in horizontal axis.

On the construction side, thanks to the high quality material, the highly integrated Nebula 4200 is light weighted but extremely rigid and tough. Even with 2 spring arms which have 20 ball bearings, the Nebula 4200 only weighs less than 2kg (4.4lb), much lighter than most of the 3-axis stabilizers.

a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 113K
    b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 115K
  • some actual footage.

• @hoangwilson The shooting effect is very good.

• First look of Nebula 4200 5-AXIS DSLR Gimbal. Open Box Quick Balance about 2mins Weight 5-AXIS 1989g Lite 1407g full Box 3068g

• Nebula4200 5-Axis shooting at Golden Gate Bridge. Camera: Canon 5D2 Lens: 24-105 Lens Stabilizer OFF

• Nebula 4200 + Sony A7r-ii test

• This thing looks nice. Does anyone know if this can do Dutch angles?

• The Nebula Spring Arm has a 1/4 screw hole. We could connect the monitor in the middle of the spring. Which is very convenient to watch the image when we are shooting.

QQ图片20151227221649.jpg
    1441 x 1920 - 307K
  • That's nice for low shooting, but what about when the camera is reversed in the high shooting position? Is there any place to attach a monitor? A logical place for a 1/4 inch hole would be on top of the battery pack.

• @Ralph_B Battery turn with gimbal suit. You can use a flex arm to support your monitor anywhere.

• Photo from the famous photographer Benjamin Wong, looking forward to his more wonderful videos.

QQ图片20160104000401.jpg
    918 x 518 - 102K
  • The hardest part of the nebula 4200 is getting one - and one thats actually works. At least thats my impression. I was pretty hyped and ordered one 10 days ago - despite it was risky, because the support is known to be practically non-existing. So no help if troubles accure and now I till haven't heard a thing from filmpower...I'm getting nervous.

• @Burning_Pictures If you need help, you can send email to our after-sale support(Server upgrade, mailbox will recover in a couple of days). Nebula4000 is our product, you could search in google.

• Nebula4200 and GH4 Combination Test

• Nebula4200 and BMPCC Combination Test

• Still see vertical bobbing during walking shots.

• Well it's without the spring arm, that should stabilizes the vertical movement. So it's jut the standard 3-axis-version in the video above.

• Nebula4200 5-Axis unboxing video by Russian user

• I still see lots of bounds in that review video. I am glad I went with a different competitor's product.

• @Burning_Pictures The spring arm could Effectively reduce the vertical vibration.

• Nebula 4200 5-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Quick Review

• I like how this toy