Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 2
  • 1022 Replies sorted by
  • @proaudio4 Sorry, no, the 88M is only stable at AQ2 I'm afraid.
  • @Oedipax after terrible luck with Rugged drives recently switched over to the Seagate GoFlex PRO (7200 rpm) 2.5" drives for the road. Had four 750 gig ones on most recent shoot (gh2 and alexa so a bunch of data). No problems at all, including the one bubble-wrapped drives which was a-okay when couriered to post mid-shoot.

My workflow is to dump two cards at once to my laptop hard drive (repeat if necessary) then send all that back out to two external drives while I sleep.

Note: w/seagate all you get in base model is usb 2/3 (you have buy a firewire adaptor seperately -- but it makes it future proof as well (thunderbolt adaptors soon I hope!)).
  • @Stray
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    You understand the thing which I would like to do and I regard as right what you have said.
    Although I also regard driftwood's GOP3 and GOP1 as great, I think how I can do the result in lowlight somehow to a slight degree.
    I try many things on me, expecting that driftwood will make GOP1 more wonderful.

@proaudio4
    Thanks a lot and sorry that my patch is halfway.
    Although I am using my setting parsonally and it was not troubled once and I am satisfied with the result, I understand that my set is too going too far, and can be used in the limited situation.
    If interesting stuff in the near future again can be performed and stable, I will need your help well anew then.
  • very dissapointed with GH2 latitude... especially where it counts (lowlight) making me miss my 7D? could this be? NAH!!!! but seriously it sucks we need a good picture style... please panasonic hear our cries... make an S-Log... Ill pay $5k FOR IT JUST LIKE SONY F3 PEOPLE
  • BTW all of the GOP1 patches have coding errors with file number 00014 (the 14th shot) dont know if it will replicate later on recording numbers... but every shoot numbered 14 file name is nithing but a green screen and crazy artifacts
    Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 10.44.31 PM.png
    1440 x 900 - 337K
  • more low light
    Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 10.48.28 PM.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
    Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 10.39.30 PM.png
    1440 x 900 - 1007K
  • @PerryWilson
    Not my experience. I shot a job of 45 clips yesterday with GOP1 and they were all perfect.

• Not in hd sorry... it seem that i see more noise than previous gop 1 patch
  • hey xavier you thing the 176 has more grain? because I got that too
  • @driftwood

can you post the patch for MAC, thanks am excited to try it
  • Yes...there is more grain. But the image is also sharper and more detailed. Trust me...proper noise reduction makes an unbelievable difference.
  • @perry

I thought the 14 # file blank was odd. never seen anything like that and I'm sure I've gone 14 shots out on a number of patches. I just tested with driftwood176 ver3 gop1.
    Nope. Everything fine on the 14th shot numbered clip. It's not the patch or gop1, at least for that patch.
    I only tested 24p. I wouldn't worry about the other modes, I saw you had 29.97fps, so I don't know what mode you were using 108060i or 80% speed to get that fps. I know 720 isn't finished and, although 108060i worked for me, I don't think it's stable. The newer gop1 patches are really new and great and buggy outside of 24p.
  • @all - The SanDisk Extreme30MB/s card made all the difference. Driftwood's176 ver3 gop1 now rocking.

The reason you're seeing more noise with the 176 gop 1 is because nothing is being blurred and obfuscated anymore by the low-data long gop codec. We're now seeing the chip much more clearly. ... and it's a very, beautiful thing.
  • I agree, it just doesn't hide the noise (and detail!) any more, and now I can use Neatvideo much better.

@PerryWilson
    You'd be very disappointed paying 5K if Panasonic would ever make it. You can see clearly by photography in RAW that the GH2 just doesn't have the latitude of the F3.
  • @Stray
    @proaudio4
    Please let me know.
    I am confused for a while now.

Although I worried about that how stress should be applied from the other day, since the new chart of Stray was announced, I can also have realized a certain amount of stress.
    Furthermore, in order to exceed the hurdle which became high, the setting became severe further from the time of Pappas, but I cannot make what can clear Stray's chart test very much perfectly.
    That on which I tried driftwood's 132M3GOPAQ2, one of the favorite of mine, in the way of my latest test is first attached chart now by chance.
    And this which was stuck on the next is one test result in some 3GOP settings which I made recently, for example.
    Of course, if this setting cannot apply an extreme stress, either, a problem does not occur.
    I will think whether possibly this is also OK ?

Although almost all settings can clear the static test, what to do how far or I do not understand a motion test...
    dw132m3gop.JPG
    1296 x 630 - 170K
    sample1.jpg
    1298 x 632 - 176K
  • @nomad well yeah thats because they need not just an s-log style picture profile, they need and ACTUAL S-LOG codec update...
  • @blues welcome. The patch is already for mac -- please look for a post by me earlier in this thread (or on the ptools 3.62 -- can't remember which) for instructions.

@PerryWilson shot 2 16 gig cards worth of stuff at a party last night. No problems with file #14. Good to to know though -- hoping to use this on a shoot in two weeks and would be great get bugs and known issues worked out by then. Will keep an eye open for it.
  • yeah IDK why... its actually only when I open #14 in after effects...
  • OK guys here is a cleaned up frame using AE remove grain not neat video, and sharpen, no grade... AMAZING 176 GOP1 BTW the single frame is 900k
    00020 (0.00.16.09).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 885K
  • Anyone had any problems ingesting the lastest settings? On both cards I shot last night there was one file that AVID was unable to import -- got about 9/10ths of the way through and then crashed. Attempted to rewrap2m4v and 5dtoRGB but 5DtoRGB also didn't like the files. Gonna try bringing them in to FCP when I'm back at the office tomorrow, but in the meantime, if anyone else has had any ingesting problems would be curious to know.
  • @JDN was it file #14? lmao read up a few posts
  • Nope. It was file 40 on one card and the last file on the second card. With the second card, I may have just turned off the camera before it was done writing, which is why it is grumpy, but the other file is in the middle of about 60 clips so no idea why it would be a problem.... I'll keep an eye on it for now. Maybe I accidentally clicked the camera off before done writing with that one too? Anyway, will keep an eye on it.
  • I was recording in the city with driftwoods 176 GOP1 second version. Cam set to NTSC, kit 14-140, 64 GB Transcent class 10. All went fine in the beginning, details are AMAZING (!!!) but after a while I got card write speed errors again. Card was formated with pannys DSFormatter. All Handheld, in city, not overly detailed. Dunno if this could be the cause, I opened the menu to see if I was in 24p or manual movie mode just before it happend. Did not change anything afaik.
  • @Meierhans
    Probably your problem is due to SD . For this settings you need a sandisk 30 MB/s card. Banwidth required for this settings is very high
  • macro sample
    00002 (0.00.11.19).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions