Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 2
  • 1022 Replies sorted by
  • @PerryWilson was the macro sample @ GOP1? Love the fine grains nice..
  • yes for the time being ALL I will be shooting is GOP1, im a short film maker, so Cinema settings are my cup of tea... I LOVE THE GRAIN in 176mbit GOP1 V3 setting... its very film replicated
  • @PerryWilson That shot looks like it's from a film negative scanned great shot.. man I'm hoocked to GOP1 v3.. Keep them coming
  • Two minutes of Driftwoods GOP1 glory. Vimeo seemed to crunch it so gonna do a colour correct and repost (as well as some original files for those curious). I LOVE THIS PATCH. Enjoy.

• Hmmm... here's the link. Didn't imbed for some reason.

• @JDN, thanks for the hard drive recommendation. Bought a 1.5TB GoFlex today.
  • My woman :)
    00005 (0.00.26.09).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @JDN That is amazing without any color correction big WOW!!!! big shout-out to @driftwood for coming up with the new 176mb/s GOP1 v3 patch. The motion is soo organic & picture quality crisp, great job once again..
  • Yeah, absolutely. Huge props to both driftwood and Vitaliy!
  • @Stray
    @proaudio4

It is a previous continuation.
    Although this is the patch in the middle of my making now, this is cleared in the test recorded while moving the whole Stray's test chart screen slowly. (Although it is my way to the last...)

For example, is the stress tolerance of this a satisfactory level?
    Of course, if stress is applied to the maximum on the expansion screen in which green was emphasized with Stray's chart, an error will come also out of this.

Thank you for your opinion. :-)

Although I feel sorry for being sketchy, I am also very much pleased with driftwood's 1GOP.
    However, since I am surely worried about frame size, the compromise is considered.
    88M_3GOP_Q12_FBx1_FLx1_TBx8_VB3.6.jpg
    1295 x 632 - 173K
    sete.zip
    546B
  • I agree! Looks great. The GH2 at 176M GOP1 cadence looks fantastic!
  • @proaudio4
    Thanks! :-)
    And I also think that dw's 1GOP cadence is beautiful!
  • @bkmcwd,
    I have not tried your new 88M. I see the average video bitrate reported by streamparser is 133M.
    Since the max rate is set to 88M, are you not having issues?
  • @proaudio4
    Thanks for your quick advise!

Of course, at the time of Stray's chart max stress test, recording stops as written above.
    However, when usually satisfactory in use also including stress test in the state near static or slightly moving as above too, it is although I think at the time of now...
    Since this is the middle of still making, the full-scale test has not been done yet also.
    In short, I would like to know that aim to apply how stress.
  • 176M GOP1 setting + one original battery + four 16G cards. There goes a simple battery solution :)
  • lol... im telling you look into the "powering GH2" thread I posted about an amazing battery
  • The external battery sounds great, but I will run out of the cards before using up 2 original batteries.
  • @bkmcwd Are you sure the frame rate is correct, do your clips seem to be playing back at the right speed ? Because whenever the average bit rate broke the maximum stream for me they were running too quickly. Take a real world shot of some motion where there is an awful lot of detail to check (trees with someone walking in the shot). I say go for a shot of somebody moving when there is heavy detail in the background, because we notice when someone is moving at an incorrect speed more easily.

It is your top/bottom settings that are allowing it to break the maximum bitrate.
  • Hi guys, hope youve all been well, I'm back from ze petit paris trip... Here's an early 176M ver 3 test from Basilique du Sacré-Cœur, Paris's finest view, filmed at various stages over friday night (stayed up all night just to film!). All hand held bar the 'ground-shot' wideangles.

A link to the Cineform downloadabe version (2.5 gigs!) http://vimeo.com/download/video:67443029?v=2&e=1317669619&h=75a38844f6902fb3fc482643ef005679&uh=ea6fbba6c18e8cfac969da25fd719980

Ive got a ton of tests from 'Nuit Blanche' to analyse so more material will be going up if you wanna see it...

It does seeem to be holding up well, but I have two other patches / recordings from Paris I need to analyse :-)

Good News: I'm doing a forthcoming comparative SDHC 32Gb/64Gb UH1 SD card test of Delkin UH1 v Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS v Kingston Ultimate XX - each and every one of these companies think their card is tops - we shall see...
  • Thanks Driftwood! Do the UH1 cards work on the GH2? I thought I'd read someone saying they tried and couldn't get it to work, but I may be remembering wrong. Looking forward to seeing more of the paris footage and the analysis of the new patches.
  • @JDN Hey, JDN that's a lovely bit of footage you took there at your Reno party. Nice one - holding up well eh?!
  • @driftwood Thanks! Yeah all good. The footage is killer. The reaction of DOPs I've showed it to so far has been a mix of amazement and anger (as in 1. There goes my 5/7/60D and 2. Why is a $1000 camera doing something once reserved for $60,000 + ones).

Keep the patches coming. There is a turkey being deep friend for Canadian Thanksgiving next week and it may also need to be turned into a short :-)
  • Welcome back Nick!
    Footage is looking good - looking forward to more of your shots.
  • @driftwood

Amazing work. Your footage looks great. One question. I noticed in your ini file that you set 720p 50fps FOP to 1. Should I change 720p 60fps GOP to 1 as well for my NTSC GH2?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions