Personal View site logo
Triumph of meanness
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • With a budget of $150,000,000 THIS is what they come up with?!!!

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Usual lot of CGI things, one angry raccoon, lack of any meaningful script and shitty dialogs. Avoid.

• ZOMBEAVERS

Whole new level.

• Un prince (presque) charmant

Film about dominant hairy male monkey (who does not understand that being dominant is his only real advantage), hairy female monkey, their very ecological electric car and dominant monkey slutty daughter who slept with three guys, got pregnant and select one to marry randomly. Authors thinks it is good for family viewing (do not ask me why).

• Champion of shit, record holder among meaningless dump

Please, welcome:

P.S. Luc, it is time to stop using heavy synthetic drugs during making movies.

P.P.S. You no longer need to make decent film, you need large enough budget to buy reviews (including user ones on major review sites). Usually it passes for some time until actual reviews start floating among all the paid ones on top. And in this time it does not matter anymore, next same shit is in cinemas.

• It's, uh... it's a downward spiral... to the end of all times and uh... there's no chance that we can survive. I mean 70 million people every year are brought onto this earth. What are they doing? Sucking up our resources. There's too many people. So, what do we do? Just keep them around? Let's kill them! Let's get rid of them! Good, thanks for coming out! But, uh, you know what? We're at capacity. We're at capacity now. So, uh, sorry. No more. No more. So, that's what I'll do. I mean, why not? That's my plan. That's what I wanna do. Let's just CLEAN the world... so that maybe some of us can sustain a little life! So, that's maybe what I'll do... in the future. I'll help you out. I'll help you out... and I will cleanse... make more room for you. I will exhibit my own brand of population control... for you. That's it.

Two film made intentionally such, where things put in extreme in some parts :-) Not bad films, btw, contrary to crapshit above.

• Clearly this year Hollywood is setting absolute record

• In time

Good concept, shitty script and badly spent money, err, time

• Transformers: Age of Extinction

Someone by error ordered to make very long trailer. Script was lost during transfer, so it was all new "fresh" ideas made on the go.

• "Many users think that whole plot was wrote by some feminist or lesbian"

This was definitely a female-centric movie. Men were not portrayed in a flattering way. That's okay though, 98% of movies are about some version of Superman. Gotta throw the chicks a bone once in a while. Besides, it's Angelina.

• Huh, almost nothing to say. If remove all the fancy things we have bad scenery producing mix of bad version of Groundhog Day with very bad version of Independence Day.

• A woman betrayed, folded into a B story of raising a child that isn't hers.

Many users think that whole plot was wrote by some feminist or lesbian (seems to be close to reality). As no positive man figures exist :-) Also under story I mean something that has logic and progress. And some match to the character history.

• The story is very good. A woman betrayed, folded into a B story of raising a child that isn't hers. There were other B stories too that I thought dovetailed with the main plot. There's conflict and universal theme. However, if you and others weren't able to easily follow the story points, then IMO that's an argument that the script wasn't good -- but I don't think you could say for lack of complexity.

• The story has complexity as did the characters. Excellent VFX and alternate world.

Film lack any story at all, at least one that you can follow. VFX was nice, but always in place.

• I thought Maleficent was under appreciated by critics. The story has complexity as did the characters. Excellent VFX and alternate world.

• Maleficent - good film if you like computer generated effects, all else is mostly trash

• @brianl

Seems like product of film advertisement machine :-) Really - whole film is full unrealistic crap.

• Well as a former astronaut, I can vouch for the authenticity. Okay, I'm actually not a former astronaut -- though some of the stuff I smoked in college might qualify me. But here's what a real astronaut said about GRAVITY and Hollywood science. http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/10/17/what-does-a-real-astronaut-think-of-gravity/

• I ended up with decent characters, reasonably developed that I sorta cared about, and luke warm suspense.

We clearly saw two different versions :-)

• I finally saw GRAVITY. I was expecting flimsy weak characters and red hot tension and suspense. I ended up with decent characters, reasonably developed that I sorta cared about, and luke warm suspense. Two stars. Barely worth watching.

• This year have all chances to set absolute record