Personal View site logo
JuicedLink Little DARling recorder
  • 57 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Do you have a link to such a circuit ?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Very cool. I'm at least 3 months from my next project, so I'll definitely look into doing that and also look at this DARling recorder too. On last project I used Roland R-05 because it was small enough to hide on actors and quality was good. But it only had one mic input. Are you familiar with any small but high quality recorders that have 2 mic inputs? (Custom cable is just a y cable with a db reduction pad attached to one of the cables?) Thanks - this is great info.

• @matt_gh2

Btw, same thing can be done if you'll make custom cable for any stereo recorder (so one channel will be padded).

• This could be great if price is right. Like the 2 tracks recording with one 16db lower.

• I am super excited about this for wedding work as having 2 tracks recorded from the same input with one padded down in case of clipping is pretty slick. So far I have just been cheesing it with my iPhone + Rode Record App + Mic input adapter + $35 lav when in a pinch. It works pretty well but sucks to wire up to someone ....

• The H1 is really useful, but also difficult to hide and the feeble mic input is my main concern when shooting. Hope the price is not too high...

Also Panasonic XR and Olympus DM voice recorders can be used, they have good quality, last longer and are smaller than H1.

• It's exactly what I was looking for! The H1 is really useful, but also difficult to hide and the feeble mic input is my main concern when shooting. Hope the price is not too high...